There’s nothing like a great tasting MEATLESS salad. I am all over eating meatless and I do love my seafood. The recipe I am about to share with you for the Zesty Lime Shrimp Salad has a nice tang for those of you who like lime and as an avid fan of Frank’s Hot Sauce I have to tell you sauce makes a great addition for anyone who loves just enough heat to brighten a dish up. I find that being able to simply defrost a shrimp minutes before a meal makes it a very doable recipe any day of the week.
Get ready to taste your shrimp in a lavish new way and celebrate lime as it really zips up the dish. OF course you can change-up some of the veggies or even add-in extras just enjoy. Weeknight meals need to be simple and this salad takes a few minutes or less to prepare. Shrimp is always a beautiful dish to offer to guests and this ingredient combination lavishly lets you live a meatless meal out loud!
Zesty Lime Shrimp Salad
I prepare this by the single portion, so you can adjust this for your own crowd. A few quick hints before we start so you get the lavish presentation!
- Chop the veggies as small as possible by hand
- Peel the cucumber so you don’t get those lavish gas attacks(Classy right? But so true)
- Don’t cut the Red Onion too small or if you do, lessen the amount as it will greatly intensify the taste of the onion(smaller is not always better in this case)
- Fresh squeezed lime is best for that pulp taste throughout, however, you can easily sub in the refrigerated lime juice, but you will need to adjust as you go.
- A Lime Press will get all the good lime juice out and keep the seeds behind! Take a look at a LIME Press here. The Lime Squeezer is so easy to use and a great gadget to have in the drawer.
- Garlic salt, not Garlic Powder for seasoning.
- Cooked LARGE Shrimp are best, but you could sub in salad shrimp, just make sure to chop the veggies accordingly so things look balanced.
- 1/4 Celery
- 4 Tbsp Red Onion
- 2 Small Pickling Cucumbers
- 8-10 Large Cooked Shrimp
- Frank's Red Hot Sauce one teaspoon at a time until achieving desired HEAT level
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Milled Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Lime
- Thaw the Cooked Shrimp, Drain, take off tails, rinse, and chop into 3-4 pieces.
- Clean Celery, by first peeling the ribbing off the celery and then cutting it into small pieces, do make sure they are easy enough to still be 'tined' by a fork.
- Peel Cucumbers, and cut into small pieces.
- Peel Red Onion and cut into smaller pieces(not too small as this will really become strong tasting the smaller you cut it)
- Rinse the lime, roll on the counter to get the juice moving in it and then cut in half.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the shrimp, celery, red onion, cucumber, garlic salt, milled pepper, Olive Oil and Take 1/2 of the lime and squeeze it into the salad.
- Add in Hot Sauce 1 Teaspoon at a time until achieving desired heat level.
- Mix all together and serve.
Now A Certified Steak & Seafood Giveaway To Inspire
Welcome to the Certified Steak & Seafood Giveaway! This amazing company is giving away a $300 Digital Gift Certificate for you to order what you and your family want off of their website! Certified Steak & Seafood specializes in the most flavorful cuts of steak that you can find anywhere, and some of the most fresh day boat seafood that you can find on the market. I was able to do a product review for them over their Chilean Sea Bass, and I was in love with it! In fact, I created a delicious Pesto Crusted Chilean Sea Bass Recipe, that turned out just divine! The whole family loved it, including the little ones, so be sure to visit the recipe and get all of the details!
Certified Steak & Seafood boasts the Certified Difference:
- Premium Angus Prime Top 1% of Beef
- All Beef is aged for 27 days
- Their Seafood is Food Service Grade
- Products are 3rd Party Tested for Purity
- 100% Guarantee
- Purchase by the piece, and not by the box
One of my most favorite parts is being able to order by the piece. I already know that their choice angus beef and seafood is amazing; however, being able to order what I want to order without any extras is a huge benefit for me…and it’s much better on the wallet. Take a look around Certified Steak & Seafood’s website, and I know you’ll find tons of great things to choose from! Start doing some window shopping for when you win the $300 Gift Card! Details and entry for giveaway is below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
We reserve the right to make revisions, to cancel, or suspend this contest for any reason. We are not associated with any of the companies named above. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received Open to the US 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. FoodnService (and any other blog participating) is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements. Entrants must only enter with either one email address, IP address and/or Facebook account, anyone found violating these rules will be disqualified. It is at the sole discretion of the admin of the giveaway if the winner has met the rules or not. Please note that Certified Steak & Seafood will use your email for future communications, and they are wholly responsible for delivering Gift Card to winner.
Zesty Lime Shrimp Salad can be served up on a plate, or on a bed of Pastina, Orzo or atop CousCous for added heartiness.
Romaine Leafs of lettuce are perfect for presentation while butter crunch leaves will allow you the ability to roll up a great meal.
To change up the flavor or give it a hint of ‘Greek’ add in Feta Cheese and a few tomatoes and Kalamata Olives. Get ready to lavishly life shrimp out loud as you create an easy-to-make recipe that is fast to make and decadent to dine on!
Need a few more meatless options? Check out the following recipes
Dandelion Crab Salad
Enjoy meatless meals and lavishly living delicious recipes out loud
Affiliate links contained within.