This post is sponsored by Beautifully Responsible® Resilient Flooring. Opinions are my own
Life is messy, and your floors bear the brunt of it under your feet, with every muddy, sweaty, dusty, powdered, wet, step of the way, that’s why it is imperative to seek out flooring styles made for life.
The flooring beneath your feet matters, both to you and the world you live in, from waste reduction to the air you breathe in and out.
The truth about the best-lived lives are those where life creates messing and we clean them up, remember those ‘times’ and our surfaces are none the worse for the wear, but where do you find floors that can withstand whatever life throws at them?
I’ll quickly overview flooring styles made for a life that unites durability, beauty, and style, known as resilient flooring products engineered with sustainability through Beautifully Responsible® manufacturers who create thousands of flooring options.
The floors are beautifully made and beautifully responsible as they are every bit as durable as they are eco-friendly, coming full circle in the flooring industry by manufacturers whose end products provide sustainability, well-being, great design options, and performance right under our feet!
Why You’ll Love Resilient Flooring
To understand the gracious value of durability coinciding with style, you need to just think about how your flooring needs to work for both you and the environment.
Each of the flooring products that these manufacturers offer provides all of the following:
- multiple flooring options that can work within your style, and budget, offering sustainability and durability making them beautifully responsible as they are beautifully sourced and manufactured.
- each different product from tile to planks is eco-and family-friendly while presenting the look and feel of its ‘real’ counterparts, wood or stone with a minimal harvesting effect on supplies needed to create them
- resilient flooring products unite a perfect quartet of durability, beauty, style, and sustainability
- you can shop for resilient flooring made by Beautifully Responsible® manufacturers at your local flooring store and feel good knowing that the manufacturing partners create these floors because they care about living well, from the interior of your home to the impact of manufacturing on the earth!
Flooring Styles Made for Life Work With Your Daily Life
While we built our home, unfortunately we are now at the turning point of deciding what flooring we want to install, in what spaces and why.
I am renovating the flooring in my home and shopping for floors made for life in my own home, it has been a learning experience!
Currently, our floors are not made for life and they are NOT old but they are a mess as they do not withstand what our lives throw at them, from cats claws digging in as she skids to a halt to grab Ms. Mousy to simple 2 step-tiered ladders sitting atop them.
We’ve already installed some flooring upstairs, and we are about to convert the rest of the house over, way more prematurely on the timeline than we ever anticipated due to crappy flooring products installed by the contractors just to move through their punchlist and come out under budget!
Before I began my floor shopping spree I made a few clear decisions in order to maintain focus on what we needed.
I’ll be honest, having to replace flooring is not one of my top 10 favorite projects and with 5 people in the house and a cat, we have to keep moving along.
So, the intent is to put down flooring that is made for our life and that makes living well possible is what we are going for.
I just want the happily ever after, underneath my feet, the kid’s feet, and Bella the cat, because the floors take life and feet head on 24/7 as our lives are in constant motion!
My preference, once we install our new flooring would be not to have future disruptions through more flooring installation in the near future, so choosing a floor that can and will stand up to whatever we throw at it, on it, etc., rocks my installation world!
But How Do You Discover The Best Styles of Flooring For Your Life?
Pre-shopping, and reading online before visiting any retailers, helped me gain insight and discover floor options and styles made for our life.
Once I thoroughly understood what our needs were, it kind of set us in the direction to discover the flooring products I am sharing with you today, resilient floors.
Having multiple options, from several manufacturers for this category of flooring, gives us lots to consider and makes it possible to just live on the floors without worrying about the floors and that is mega important, isn’t it?
So What Exactly Is Resilient Flooring
I’ll dive in here and share exactly what this category of flooring is so that you can then define what it is not!
My overall list of wants, needs and expectations of the floors we walk on daily pretty much was found within this category so here you go! ↓↓
- Easy to install (we will be doing a DIY as there is too long of a wait to get a pro installer )
- Flooring products must offer both flexibility and physical strength (refrigerator or oven or claw tub above)
- The flooring styles that we choose from must be within our budget and not exceed
- Resistant to humidity, spills, and temperature variations
- pet friendly (claws/nails puke) floor options
- Modular installation is a priority and means less waste (I’ll explain further down)
- flooring must have the look of real wood complemented with the distinctive feel of wood
- the floor must be able to be maintained without the use of harsh chemicals
- low VOC (volatile organic compounds) promote cleaner indoor air quality
Is Resilient Flooring Waterproof?
Yes and No!
Depending on the area/room you are installing your flooring in you can choose from waterproof or water-resistant options.
For instance, when we were renovating our floors in the bathrooms we absolutely chose waterproof, as well as in our laundry room in case of a washer overflow!
However, in our family room and basic bedrooms, water-resistant was just fine.
Cleaning Resilient Flooring Because Life Happens!
You’ll simply need to sweep your floor frequently so that it doesn’t get rubbed on into the flooring.
Best of all, you won’t be using harsh cleaning solutions on your floors, rather you will use a damp mop with a pH-neutral cleaner, but you’ll need to read the flooring manufacturers’ directives to capture the do’s and don’ts of your new floor cleaning regime!
Also you can toss out that hot steamer mop because it won’t be used!
Again, living well is easy because you don’t have to use chemicals that give off awful toxic fumes on the inside of your home!
Simple cleaning measures go the long mile!
A true combination of beauty and responsibility is found in eco-friendly flooring that offers durability, livability, less waste, distinctive feels of ‘real’ wood, marble, etc.
In fact, what I have found is information that every consumer should have, understand and use in their decision-making process when planning to buy and install new types of floor options in their home!
Things I Quickly Learned About Beautifully Responsible®
- it is not a brand name for flooring
- nor does not make or sell resilient flooring
- Rather, Beautifully Responsible® is the sustainability, well-being, and performance-driven end flooring products that we walk on each day!
- It IS a conglomeration of flooring manufacturers that each adheres to strict standards from harvesting their resources to creating products offering longevity once installed as well as gads of options.
- Let’s just say in a world of flooring options, they are the cool cats when it comes to living well, promoting high-quality indoor air that your family is in each day while delivering the end products that are mindfully manufactured with pricing that fits every budget!
- You can visit BeautifullyResponsible to learn more
Give Me Some Resilient Flooring Examples
I am so glad you asked because I get so excited about the products, and their benefits, that I sometimes forget to share the flooring types.
Here’s my bet, you’ve seen, touched, and already know most of these.
Luxury Vinyl Tile
This is such a popular category, for multiple reasons, but the one I love the best is the luxury vinyl tile which offers the realistic look and feel of real wood but is not.
I simply compared the cost and look of our floors to my 1 friend who just installed wood, and the costs savings of our flooring compared to hers was H-U-G-E.
When she came over to see our floor, she regretted every single penny she invested in hardwood, the mess that she lived through during installation, and the length of time it took for the installation.
Did I mention she now she guards her floor against people walking on it? Shoes off, only barefeet, and she prefers if you bring soft bottom slippers as she doesn’t want sweaty feet on her real wood floors because she then has to clean them!
Oh em gee! Who could live like that?
Wait, what did I just write? Yes, she is worried about scratches and having to have it refinished years down the road (smh).
Her wood floors are durable, but clearly not made for what life tosses at them, because she is so worried about walking on it, that now she’s tossed runners and carpets everywhere (no thanks!)
Our install was hardly weeks on end, nor was it messing like hers and yet they are realistic looking!
Here are some other examples of this flooring category:
- cork floors
It is a flooring style made for life, the way you live it: ↓↓↓↓
Wet feet, dry feet, bare feet, muddy feet, loud feet, powdered feet, baby drool on the floor after crawling and teething, dogs slobbering on the floor, cats running digging in with their claws to SKID** to a stop, shower and tub water drips, high humidity-filled rooms, food spills, liquid spills, roll one, lay on, sit on, hangout on, eco-friendly flooring that has strength and flexibility to take anything you hit it with!
The essence is of this flooring is that it is a category of eco-friendly products that cover your floors and survive all of the things you do each day without sacrificing your quality of life ontop of the floors!
Let’s Recap: To Be The Best Flooring Styles Made For Life Floors Need To…
- must be easy to install
- must be easily replaceable (tiles and planks) instead of having to rip up the whole floor
- must be third party certified via FloorScore® Certification and Assure Certified™️
In our home, to repair any of the floor, all of the floor has to be removed.
Therefore, it is not repair, it is a total new floor install, therefore, as we are installing new floors, we are committed to purchasing floors for the rooms that can be replaced by the tile or the plank!
Since we won’t have to reinstall a new floor, and rather just the plank or tile when necessary, it’s sustainable, eco-friendly, and produces less water, resulting in less landfill from our disposal of the old flooring plus less harvesting of resources for the creation of larger areas!
Of course, simple replacement pieces rather than the whole is not nearly as expensive nor as time consuming therefore it is a great alternative to what we currently walk on and dealing with.
Installed eco-friendly floors results in having less waste produced which is key to sustainability but, it’s not just on the consumer side that you need to consider.
This manufacturer, who is part of the aforementioned conglomeration of manufacturers, is committed to creating flooring that is sourced, designed, and manufactured in a manner that reflects sustainability.
Life Is Messy And It All Happens Beneath Your Feet
Install your flooring of choice, enjoy the kids crawling and slobbering on the floor, the pets running, and food spilling, in other words, life!
Don’t worry about working out on your treadmill, atop your new floors, they are built to be durable!
Roll, walk, lay, jump, run, picnic, play cards, games, tumble, exercise, strut, hop, dance, or whatever you do on your floors without worry because you are living well and the floors beneath your feet are flooring styles made for life!