Game Day creates the need to feed, and while all those crock-pot recipes are killer, they also bring on the need to tackle dirty dishes. I prefer, simple, easy, homegating recipes for Game Day Parties. Football Parties, tailgating, homegating and game day gatherings for football are supposed to be all about the food and the drink and of course your fabulous knowledge of the game as you armchair coach. While the players are running their version of dink and dunk, you can run your version of Dink and dunk too with my awesome recipe for game day Greek Salad, while you dunk your spoon into the salad and fill a Pita! Get ready to pull out your cheat sheets, because just like the QB has his, you have yours, the number of the aisle in your local retailer with all your game day food supplies! Who’s ready to nail a touchdown with the food as I offer you a way to lavishly live game day greek salad out loud.
- 1 Bag of Sweet Butter Lettuce (washed and ready to serve)
- 1 Head of Romaine Heart
- 10 baby carrots
- 1/4 C of Red Onion
- 4 Black Pitted Olives
- 1 Medium Cucumber, Peeled and sliced thin
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 3 TBSP of Feta Cheese
- 1/4 C Croutons
- 8 Mezzetta Imported Golden Greek Peperoncini
- Sprinkle of Salt
- Sprinkle of freshly ground pepper
- Sprinkle of Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Spice Mix (oregano, basil, parsley)
- 1/4 C Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and Rinse The Tomatoes, and set aside
- IN a large bowl, place Cleaned Romaine Heart, that is chopped, and add in the Butter Crunch Lettuce, mixing it together.
- Place Tomatoes around the outside of the salad
- Add in carrot that are now cut, and sliced cucumber.
- Add Feta
- Add in Peppers and croutons
- Add Spices and Croutons and Olives
- You have now completed a delicious Game Day Greek Salad, Toss, with Vinegar and Oil, and enjoy. Serve with Pita Wedges that you can stuff full of this great salad.
The key to the recipe is the Peperoncini that is used and I love the Mezzetta Brand. Did you know that Mezzetta is family owned since 1935, and the fourth generation of the Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring our customers the highest quality foods available. Mezzetta, sources the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepares them according to their Italian family recipes at their state-of-the-art production facility in the Napa Valley.
With all this talk of GAME DAY here is your chance to enter the Homegating Sweepstakes hosted by Mezzetta. Here’s what you might win when you enter!
• Grand Prize (1) – 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including Mezzetta branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack
Requirements for Entry: First Name, Last Name and Email Address
Expires: January 26th, 2016
Winners Chosen at Random
Winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks.
So it is time to head to those kitchens, so that you can sit on the sidelines when the food is being served, keep it easy, keep it light and keep the creativity flowing. Dive into a great jar of Mezzetta and you have endless homegating recipes! Lavishly live Game Day Out loud. ~DANA