This recipe is dedicated to all the garlic-lovers out there!
Today, I am sharing a flavorful, zesty garlic parmesan shrimp recipe and including a bonus dipping recipe with a roasted garlic flavor!
Why You will LOVE ♥ Garlic parmesan shrimp
First, I’ve got to tell you that you can eat this if you are following NOOM, just make sure to use low-fat, and nonfat items when it comes to sour cream and greek yogurt and keeps your portions realistic.
So yes, this is a good NOOM recipe in my opinion.
The warm garlic flavor is truly the breakout star in this recipe but it really pops through in the bonus recipe I am sharing for the roasted garlic dip.
Undeniably, garlic is combined with the perfect balance of herbs and spices to create a truly magnificent meal or appetizer.
You’ll love this easy dip is delicious as written, or it can be customized with your favorite herbs and spices, such as dill or parsley, to create a variety of flavor combinations.
Don’t forget to try the dip with fresh vegetables, as a tasty sandwich spread, or stir some into your favorite creamy soups or mashed potatoes for an extra pop of flavor.
Roasting Garlic for Garlic parmesan shrimp
Again, the flavor of roasted garlic is what truly makes this recipe, stand out exceptional IMO.
To create a bulb of roasted garlic, all you have to do is slice a thin sliver from the head of garlic, just enough so the cloves are exposed.
Then you will drizzle the cloves with olive oil.
As you might expect, you’ll want to use aluminum foil to package this up so that the garlic bulb can be roasted in the oven.
So you will place the whole bulb on a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
You’ll be roasting the bulb of garlic for just about 40 minutes, or until the garlic is tender and creamy.
Once that happens, you will remove that bulb of garlic in the foil from the oven and set it aside to cool slightly.
Easy peasy right?
Prepping the seasoning for shrimp
This is the base for your shrimp flavor and it takes just a few minutes to prep.
Simply, prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning by combining a mixture of olive oil, minced, unroasted garlic, mustard, and a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.
You’ll want to combine all of this in a large glass or another non-reactive bowl.
Optionally, if you like, you can add in salt and black pepper, to taste.
You’ll be coating your shrimp with this mixture.
Once coated you will be baking the shrimp for a short amount of time in the oven.
Bonus: The Zesty garlic dip for Garlic parmesan shrimp
Your roasted garlic needs to be squeezed and blended in a food processor.
So while the shrimp is cooking, I suggest taking on that task.
Once it is pureed, you’ll be adding simple ingredients in:
- sour cream
- Greek yogurt
- lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- optional lime
Recipe for Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with bonus roasted garlic dip recipe
- ROASTED GARLIC DIP
- 1 large garlic head
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. Greek yogurt
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. organic lemon zest
- 2 t. ground cumin
- Optional: ½ t. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ T. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley, minced
- Will also need:
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- To make the roasted garlic dip, slice a thin sliver from the head of garlic, just enough so the cloves are exposed. Drizzle the cloves with olive oil and place the whole bulb on a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 40 minutes, or until the garlic is tender and creamy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- While the garlic is cooling, prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, ground cumin, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large glass or another non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and place in a pre-heated oven to roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp are just firm and pink. Do not overcook.
- While the shrimp is roasting, squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a blender or food processor. Add sour cream, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper, if using, and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Remove shrimp from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh parsley. Toss to combine when just cool enough to handle. Serve immediately with the creamy roasted garlic dip. Enjoy!