Holiday Cranberry Margaritas
What is a holiday without a Margarita?
The answer is simple: It’s NOT a Holiday.
To spill a little CHEER into any holiday, a Margarita is absolutely required.
We all need at least one Holiday Cranberry Margaritas On The Rocks To Bring On The Jolly during the holiday season.
Now, to really experience a margarita and appreciate all the delish flavors in the glass, you gotta spill that sucker over ICE!
Don’t turn it into a slushy, that’s just pureed mush and really a summer drink, not a winter holiday libation!
Tart cranberry juice is dressed up and combined with orange liqueur and other spirits, and suddenly, it’s ‘Sip, Sip, Hooray!’
A few rocks in the glass, some fancy floating cranberries, and some sweet and tart flavors to really taste the bliss of the season!
So, before you settle into a holiday party, host a dinner, make sure to whip up a batch of holiday cranberry margaritas.
Simple, festive, delicious, and just what every Momma and Pappa Elf needs before the season is in full swing!
Who’s ready for a festive cocktail to rock your socks, and bring in the season of love and happiness?
Holiday Cranberry Margaritas On The Rocks
First, I will start with this: Friends don’t let friends drink and drive.
Take the keys, and keep them safe.
Yep, margaritas might be in your summer portfolio of cocktails, but add one to your winter list as well!
There’s really no season that you can’t create a margarita to fit the holiday or occasion.
Margaritas are great drinks to offer as a cocktail because you can make them on the rocks or as ‘slushies’ (boo!)
Anyway, a margarita can also be dialed up with more liqueur for those that like a little more Whoop in their drink.
Naturally, just as they can be dialed up you can tame these down too!
So, it’s a perfect drink for any and everyone at your parties!
The Holidays And Margaritas
How much more festive can a drink get than a cranberry margarita.
Both red and green are it’s colors so it’s can be part of the reason for the season:)
Do make sure to use colorful sprigs of rosemary, not so much for the flavor as for the color.
You could also definitely sugar rim the glass if you want to, this snowy white rimming sugar is so pretty!
Personally, I find that the sugar just makes a sticky mess and since it’s not salt, it’s not on my glass, lol!
Use agave to make the sugar adhere!
If you want to add sugar to this drink, roll the cranberries and coat them in sugar then let them float in the glass, and alas you’ve sugared it up!
A Word About The Cocktail Glasses & Cranberry Margaritas on the Rocks.
For those that love their margaritas, you well know that there is never enough in a glass.
Those wimpy margarita-shaped glasses are just that, wimpy.
First, don’t add too much ice.
Having to refill that small glass is a PIA.
Indulge in a truly Margarita-worthy glass and purchase this extra large 21.5 Oz Stemmed Cocktail Glass, I love it!
What about marking your glass with these holiday clings that just adhere to your glass!
Really cranberry margaritas are a delicious and popular cocktail.
Naturally, this holiday-friendly version lends a festive twist with its bright splash of color and a fun, seasonal garnish.
RECIPE FOR Cranberry Margarita On The Rocks
- MARGARITA INGREDIENTS
- 3 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 C of Ice Or More As desired.
- *Optional: Sugar to rim the glass + a bit of agave to hold the sugar on!
- DRESS UP THE GLASS
- fresh rosemary sprigs bottom leaves removed, approximately 2-3” long (rinsed and pat dry)
- A handful of fresh cranberries rinsed
- A Lime cut into wedges rinsed and dried
- To make cranberry sprig garnish you will need to carefully thread 3 fresh cranberries onto tough rosemary stems.
- In order to do this, you will need to use a wood skewer to poke holes in the center of each of the three cranberries.
- Then push the cranberries onto the rosemary sprig.
- Set aside.
- Prepare a glass if you are dipping the rim, paint with a small paintbrush (agave or honey and dip in sugar crystals ***OPTIONAL STEP
- Whether or not you added a sugared rim, you now need to add in ice.
- Add as little or as much as is preferred.
- Set aside.
- Now to make the margarita, just fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Next, add tequila, Cointreau, and both juices.
- Shake very well.
- Then strain into ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and lime wedges.
- Toss a few cranberries in to float and garnish as well.
- Serve immediately.
- Cheers! ~ Dana XO