With the smell of crisp autumn air on the cusp, it is time to lavishly live Fall out loud and indulge in some baking. I am not one for lavish time-laden recipes, as I like results on product quickly and the taste has to boom! Each week my husband delights in finding new biscotti treats in the kitchen as I am always trying out new flavors. One thing I have learned is to go crazy with the combinations as pairing up flavors you would not have normally paired which is key to any new innovative taste in the kitchen. My latest creation in the kitchen combines Freeze-Dried Mandarin Segments with Pecans to create some of the most decadent, easy-to-create biscottis you will tantalize your taste buds with this season! The recipe I am about to reveal is only for those who truly want a great taste, very little preparation time and of course great results! Are you ready to lavishly live Mandarin Orange Pecan Biscotti out loud?
I love biscotti because the loaf makes many cookies quickly, rather than tending to the oven, tray-after-tray. The luxury of baking this cookie is the yield, the flavor and the fact that it makes your coffee so much happier in the morning! The recipe is easy, tested and should take only about 10 minutes maximum to prepare, while allowing about 45 minutes for baking. I use the a traditional stainless steel pans but I always make sure to spray with non-stick spray. Additionally I don’t use silpats or silicon mats because when I cut, it would ruin them.
Here are a few tips and tricks to make the biscotti turn out well and trust me I have had plenty of other batches flop from not following my own advice, lol!
- Always mix liquids together separate from the dry ingredients.
- Use Fresh Eggs, not old eggs you have sitting in the refrigerator for weeks.
- Raw Pecans are what I used, but you could used sugared pecans for a great taste as well, as a substitute for plain pecans.
- The additional sugar sprinkled on top is optional and not at all necessary.
- Use a pan you can cut on, as I don’t believe in taking the log off the pan, cutting on a board and replacing, keeping it pretty one-step easy.
- Make sure to use a knife wider than the biscotti itself, so that you can get the cut across with one slice!
- As you cut the biscotti, use the edge of the knife to lay it on its side.
- Don’t throw away chunks that did not cut well, let them crisp up and use those NUGGETS as your dunking friend in coffee.
- I don’t add salt but that is an optional item at 1/2 Tsp for the batch I find no need to add that ingredient in, but some love salt when baking so there is your measurement for it:)
- Don’t over-bake and don’t under-bake.
- Be sure to create loaves out of the mixture take a look below to see what I do. The more uniform the better, but there is no perfect biscotti form(not in home kitchens anyway!)
What I love about biscotti is that they are so versatile and can accept so many different ingredients. I have made biscotti endlessly because Variety is the spice of life! The biscotti mixture, when done correctly, will simply form into a nice loaf, not being sticky and not leaving much behind in the bowl. I don’t use silicon baking mats with this recipe because I try to keep it all in one pan, from forming the loaf to cutting it, making it one pan easy. These are wonderful to snack on for breakfast, snacks and just because and they make your coffee and tea time a little more special. Indulge, and delight in the great taste of the Mandarin Orange Pecan Biscotti with this easy to prepare recipe and lavishly live a great biscotti out loud!