You’re missing out if you thought fall was only about pumpkin spice. We are going to talk about maple cream cheese frosting!
Who says fall is just for pumpkin spice enthusiasts? Let’s talk Maple Frosting if you’re ready for a flavor adventure that transcends your average pumpkin pie. Consider it as autumn’s sexy, less-mainstream cousin that still deserves a seat at the dessert table.
Fall is not just about the Infamous Pumpkin Spice that is everywhere, from cookies to coffee and everything in between. There are other fabulous flavors to celebrate FALL, and Maple is one of them. Maple is such a great flavor and deserves to be used more than just atop pancakes.
Today, I will share one of my quick and easy recipes for maple frosting that is as great by the spoonful (shhh) as it is atop a cupcake. So, let’s whip up a small batch of maple cream cheese frosting.
Table of Contents
Reasons You’ll Be Hooked on Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Accessible Ingredients: Find everything at your local supermarket.
- Easy-Peasy: No expert baking skills? No problem.
- Versatile: This maple frosting holds up on anything from cookies to cakes.
- Budget-Friendly: Make magic without breaking the bank.
Maple Frosting Ingredient Overview
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Real maple syrup
The Lowdown on Maple Syrup + Frosting
Hold onto your spatulas because maple syrup is not just your pancake’s best friend. It’s a versatile beast — a binder, an ingredient, and a topping all rolled into one.
And when it comes to types, organic is queen. It’s like the Beyoncé of syrups, okay?
Pure, untampered with, and full of rich flavors. But hey, if you’re in a pinch or watching those pennies, the store-bought kind can hold its own, too.
Kitchen Essentials To Make Maple Frosting
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
The Mixer vs. Hand-Stirring When Making Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Before we get to the nitty-gritty of flavor blending and perfect pairings, let’s tackle a crucial question: To mix or not to mix? That is, with a hand mixer or by good ol’ hand-stirring?
Look, if you’ve got biceps to rival Thor’s and you’re looking for an upper-arm workout, by all means, grab that wooden spoon. But let’s be frank, it’s a bit of a slog.
You have to put some elbow grease to incorporate all the ingredients well. Now, if you have a hand mixer or a stand mixer, it’s like having a mini Thor in your kitchen, doing the heavy lifting. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a thick, rich maple cream cheese frosting; it might just tear your eye.
How To Nail Maple Frosting in 5 Steps
- Beat the cream cheese and unsalted butter until creamy.
- Sift in the confectioner’s sugar and mix until well-blended.
- Pour in the real maple syrup and a splash of vanilla.
- Whip it until your mixture is smooth and luscious.
- Taste test and prepare to be addicted to the maple cream cheese frosting.
Unpacking the Flavor Explosion
Let’s talk flavor profiles. Imagine sinking your teeth into a dollop of our maple cream cheese frosting.
A creamy cascade of flavors greets your taste buds, deeply imbued with maple’s rich, earthy tones. It’s smooth yet textured, sweet yet not overpowering. And because of these nuances, maple frosting pairs exceptionally well with various baked goods.
Picture maple frosting slathered over a warm loaf of banana bread. The natural sweetness of the banana gets a sophisticated uplift from the maple, creating a perfect harmony of flavors.
And if you’ve tried it on pumpkin spice or anything—prepare for a mouthful of Fall Quintessential. The spicy kick of the pumpkin spice gets mellowed down to a soft caress when met with this creamy maple wonder.
Tips and Tricks
- Spice it up: Add a pinch of cinnamon for extra warmth.
- Double it: Making a multi-layer cake? Just double the recipe.
Craving a nutty undertone to your frosting? A whisper of almond extract can do wonders.
If it’s a bold, attention-grabbing flavor you’re after, why not experiment with a dash of nutmeg? It’s warm and slightly sweet—a fall classic that cozies up quite nicely to maple.
But let’s keep it real: moderation is key here. Too much of either, and you’re diving into spice overload instead of basking in frosted heaven.
What to Slather This On
- Banana bread
- Cinnamon rolls
- Ginger cookies
- Carrot cake
- French toast
- Literally, any muffin
How to Store This Icing?
Refrigerator: Good for a week.
Freezer: It’s doable, but you might compromise that rich maple flavor. Proceed with caution.
Shortcut Alert: The Lazy Baker’s Guide to Upgraded Frosting
Hey, we get it; life is chaotic. You can cheat a bit if you’re time-crunched but craving this liquid gold of frosting. Grab a store-bought cream cheese frosting and blend in some high-quality maple syrup.
Boom! You’ve just hacked your way to semi-homemade heaven.
The Final Dollop
So, what are you waiting for? This Maple Cream Cheese Frosting is everything your Fall desserts have been missing. It’s easy, it’s creamy, it’s impossibly delicious, and it’s calling your name.
Enjoyed this post? Why not share it? Got a question? Shoot, we’d love to hear from you. Want more lip-smacking recipes and tips?
Stay tuned; we’ve got a lot more coming your way. Also, don’t forget to check out our Maple-Topped Cupcakes recipe; it’s the perfect companion to this frosting. Stay tuned for more great Fall recipes published daily! ~ Dana XO
Recipe For The Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk the cream cheese and butter in a large, deep mixing bowl.
- Next, add in the powdered sugar.
- Then add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Use your maple frosting and lick the bowl!
For an Extra Flavor Kick:
- Add a pinch of nutmeg (1/8 teaspoon is just about right) to create a warm, inviting aroma and subtle spiciness.
- Looking for a slightly nutty undertone? A whisper (about 1/4 teaspoon) of almond extract works wonders.
For the Lazy Bakers:
- You can jazz up a store-bought cream cheese frosting if you're short on time or ingredients. Simply add 2 tablespoons of high-quality maple syrup to 16 oz of store-bought frosting and whip until well-blended.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 0g
DanaVento.Com is not a dietician or nutritionist; any nutritional information shared is simply an estimate. Use a nutritional calculator if you need exact estimates of nutrition, and note that the brands you use in your recipe may differ slightly or significantly from those brands of items you use, creating a variance in nutritional content.