Melted Snowmen with reindeer droppings
Riddle me this.
When snowmen melt, consider where the snow goes?
Right back on the ground right?
Who are snowmen’s worst enemies?
Yep reindeer, because once snowmen melt well, reindeer droppings happen when they walkabout!
Today, ladies and gentlemen, I can’t wait to share my melted snowmen with reindeer droppings because it’s the best tasting cookie of the season and FUN!
When my kids were younger, anything to do with doo-doo was hysterical, and honestly, it is so funny to hear them laugh and chatter about it.
Melted snowmen with reindeer droppings literally came about when my kids lined up for cookies and then saw these.
You might call them S’More Explosion Cookies, but they said, “Mommy, the snowmen melted the reindeers pooed on them!”
Yep, from the mouths of babes, comes on of my most sought after, easy-to-create recipes.
Keep your sense of humor, remember coal in stockings, and melted snowmen with reindeer droppings all keep the season merry and bright.
Melted Snowmen With Reindeer Droppings
Every winter snowmen are built.
Each winter at some point they melt away.
My melted snowmen with reindeer droppings are a snowman’s worst nightmare.
A reindeer walking by on their newly melted self.
Defaced and ruined forever.
But, I gotta tell you that while the name might sound funky and distasteful it’s a winning taste combination.
In fact, the recipe has been used over and over by my friends and I guess I should have published so much sooner.
Do you need reindeer food and a printable topper? Help Get the reindeer and Santa to your house with this magical food!
Tips & Tricks For Melted Snowmen with Reindeer Droppings
You are going to make the best possible cookies.
Then, you will make them ooze marshmallows.
After all, snowmen are sweet and tasty, so shall your cookies be!
Your reindeer droppings won’t stink, instead, they are chocolate morsels.
Things You Want When You Are Creating this Recipe
Parchment paper is ok, but silicone mats wash up easier and don’t slide while you are working.
In my baking world, you will see both.
However, when I work with marshmallow, and sometimes I forget, I do tend to use silicone mats because the mats stick against the surface and don’t wiggle.
Don’t Overthink The Recipe
First and foremost, mini marshmallows work best.
You can even cut them in half to make the melting happen more than I did.
If you overthink this, it becomes less fun.
Bake the cookies.
Drop the dollops of marshmallow.
Coat them with chocolate pieces and you can EVEN sprinkle them with more snow (confectioner’s sugar).
Have fun making these, and make sure to taste test.
Christmas comes but once a year and this is my favorite season to have fun with baking and tasting.
Recipe For Melted Snowmen with Reindeer Droppings
Melted Snowmen With Reindeer Droppings
- 1 Stick of salted butter softened
- 3/4 C BROWN Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 All-Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips 1 C
- Graham Cracker Crumbs the ones made from the topping below
- 24 marshmallows mini
- Parchment Paper
- For Topping
- 1/3 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 25 Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Marshmallow Cream
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Line baking trays (2) with parchment paper (or silicone mats)
- In a large mixing bowl, place butter, brown sugar, and egg.
- Next, add in vanilla, salt then flour.
- Fold in by hand the chocolate chips (reindeer poo)
- Using a cookie dropper or tablespoon, fill the dropper just 1/2 way.
- Next, dunk in graham crackers (dirt)
- Push a mini marshmallow in the middle.
- Scoop more cookie batter on to cover.
- Drop cookie ball.
- Then, dunk in graham cracker crumb. (a.k.a. dirt from the ground)
- Arrange on the tray.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 Minutes.
- Cookies will not really brown, and they will be more SPONGY.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare marshmallow topping (melted snowmen)
- Simply take the marshmallow cream (melted snowmen), and add the water to it.
- Mix by hand very well.
- Allow it to sit.
- The less water, the less runny.
- It will set up though if you leave it to sit.
- Once cookies are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. (about 1 hour)
- After an hour, on a parchment covered tray, work to top with the icing.
- Follow with chocolate chips (reindeer poop) and then some more graham crackers (dirt )
- Enjoy! Dana XO