Sugar and spice and everything nice, well, that’s not how this story is starting, lol.
Really this is about an obsession for these tasty peppered cinnamon-spiced pecans.
Obsessing over Peppered Cinnamon-Spiced PecansJump to Recipe
Overall, my recipe for peppered cinnamon-spiced pecans is a great snack for any party and I make them the most at Christmas!
Yes, you can use the jump to recipe button if you want to start creating! Go you.
I love being able to offer something that appeals to more than just one person and the answer is packed in a handful of these pecans.
Far from traditional and also a simple nut recipe that can be tweaked to your personal preferences, it’s a treasured recipe that will turn some heads once tasted.
The crunch of the nut, against the sweet ant the fiery is definitely the most appealing part of the simple recipe.
Once crunch and you’ll taste naughty and nice!
Cinnamon-Spiced & Hot and Sweet Peppered Pecans
Combining my love of pecans and my mom’s recipe, I’ve made this as simple as can be!
And so, for those that love cinnamon and spice and everything nice, this is your recipe.
Whether you are hosting a party, creating homemade gifts to share this season, or just want something delicious to munch on, try these.
My ♥ for Peppered Cinnamon-Spiced Pecans
At its core, my obsession with pecans was inherited from Grandma Stella.
She’s the baker I always refer to when I write my bread recipes.
Accordingly, my mom used to make a version of these perfectly sweet and savory spiced pecans.
Therefore, really it’s all pecan-tastic history from there.
Bonus Elements of Peppered Cinnamon-Spiced Pecans
Here’s a bonus, there is NO EGG in this recipe!
Sweet and savory, spicy, and perfect in every way!
Additionally, when it comes to time, your investment in making these is just about 10 minutes!
Now, who’s ready to crunch and savor these flavors by the handful?
Simple Peppered Cinnamon-Spiced Pecans
Remember, when I make recipes, I keep them simple.
Using spices like cayenne, cloves, cardamom, sea salt, and pepper makes it a basic recipe as most of us have those in our pantries right?
Plus, pecans are easy to find in a store is unsalted butter. Don’t worry you can sub in salted butter if you don’t have unsalted.
So, today’s recipe follows my own protocol, simple, sweet, spicy, and savory!
As a result, the ingredients in this recipe are basic, and most of us have these in our pantries.
Consequently, your time investment is about 10 minutes active prep, so again, easy.
Agave, Honey, Maple Syrup. Sweeten the Pecans
Of course, for those who regularly read my recipes you know, I love switching up honey for agave.
However, in this recipe, honey should be used and not agave.
Additionally, I suggest the use of organic products in any and every recipe you create.
Your Prep Tray For Peppered Cinnamon-Spiced Pecans
Because you need to know this: I would never dream of preparing this recipe if I didn’t use a silicone mat.
To that end, the stickiness of the syrup would be impossible to clean up.
SO yes, I just totally suggested a silicone mat for this recipe and YOUR kitchen.
Accordingly, above (in photo) I’ve also worked my magic with these on parchment paper.
All in all, my thing about parchment paper is sometimes it still gets moist or makes the tray nasty so it’s not solid all the time!
Tip For Peppered Cinnamon-Spiced Pecans
Double the recipe for more party food at once.
Store the other half immediately in an airtight container and use it later or gift it!
Add different ingredients to change with the seasons.
Also, a zest of lime and chili pepper on this is awesome!
Change This Up – Peppered Cinnamon-Spiced Pecans
Therefore, don’t get stuck in a rut of trying a recipe and doing just what it says, change it up.
To that end, just toss in a few flakes of sliced raw almonds.
Or, how about some cranberry pieces (dried)?
In any event, you could even put some peanuts on these if you LOVE peanuts.
My Party Gift To You Is Hot and Sweet Peppered Pecans
Really change this to make it yours.
In short, consider this recipe a springboard waiting to be embellished.
Hot and Sweet Peppered Pecans
Make in 10 minutes, bake in 30.
Yep, hot and sweet peppered pecans are that easy, don’t you love that?
Get ready to nibble on a fiery and sweet snack with some protein!
Then, sit back, and enjoy the compliments you will receive for these amazingly hot and sweet peppered pecans, which is most gratifying!
Peppered Cinnamon-Spiced Pecans
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground cardamom
- ¾ t. allspice
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ¼ t. ground cayenne
- ½ t. fine sea salt
- ¼ t. black pepper
- ¼ c. unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. honey preferably local
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 4 c. whole pecans
- ¼ c. raw cane or other large grain sugar for dusting
- First, using the top oven rack, place it in the center position.
- Then, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Follow that up by lining a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or as I recommended a silicone baking mat.
- Then set that aside.
- Combine rosemary, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, cloves, cayenne, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- Add butter to a small skillet set over medium heat.
- Don’t let the butter completely melt.
- When the butter is mostly melted, add the honey and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Now it’s time to place pecans in a large bowl.
- Then, follow that with the melted butter mixture being poured atop.
- Add the spice mixture and stir until the pecans are completely coated in both.
- It’s now time to transfer the coated pecans to the prepared baking sheet.
- Once they are on the sheet, you will spread them into a thin, single layer without overcrowding.
- Remember in order to bake they ALL Need space and crowing is not going to help this.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Set the timer to 30 minutes.
- The nut mixture will bake for the full 30 minutes but at about the 15-minute marker, go ahead and open the oven.
- Mix those nuts up well and again, make sure to leave them evenly spaced.
- Continue baking for another 15 minutes to end at 30 minutes.
- A Note** As you are stirring you are letting the oven temperatures flux, and therefore you may need to add additional 5 minutes onto the bake time in order that the oven recaptures its baking temperature.
- Once the baking cycle is complete it’s time to take the peppered cinnamon-spiced pecans out.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle half the coarse sugar on top and stir to combine.
- Repeat with the remaining sugar and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
- Do note if you serve immediately they will be HOT and you could get burned!
- Enjoy! XO DANA ~