Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita ~ a thirst-quenching cocktail where a paradoxical sweet and tart meet and defy you to sip one more time to sample the resulting perfect trifecta of refreshing pink lemonade, spiked high with triple sec, and tequila. Freshly squeezed, ripe, citrus-loaded lemons are coupled with a perfected simple syrup, and when combined with they create the all-in lush-like highly desirable version of a simple drink known as a pink lemonade tequila margarita.
Disclosure. My post contains affiliate links (shortcuts to the products I know you are going to love and use) If you buy one of these items, DanaVento.Com will make a tiny commission, but it doesn’t affect your price. Consider me, your concierge to find these things faster without a lot of searching!
Why You’ll Love This Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita
For adults, this pink margarita recipe will remind you of your youth (sins the alcohol) and that tart can be sweet!
- it’s a thirst-quenching mixed drink with pink lemonade cocktail that is perfect for sipping
- you can easily transport this pretty in pink lemonade tequila with you or make it on site
- the ingredients for the pink lemonade cocktails are all easy to find
- you can easily substitute ingredients in this recipe and even make the pink alcoholic margarita mix faster!
- You can and should make the lemonade margarita in pink in advance to have it in your fridge for those scorching hot summer days when you need a cool drink!
Equipment Needed to Make A Pink Lemonade Margarita
- small quart pan
- 48-ounce mason jar with lid
- 4 – 12 Ounce Mason jars
- lemon and lime press << this is my favorite as it is BOTH in 1 great tool!
- jigger << multi sizes in 1 is a great idea
- tall spoon This is a set that has the tall spoon, the strainer, and a strain and pours ♥
- Measuring Cup << My favorite because it is clear glass and it’s an 8oz triple pour with a lid!
- reusable ice cubes like my cactus *Optional
- a cocktail strainer for the lemon and lime seeds and pulp
Ingredients For Your Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita
- boiling water
- sugar or sugar substitute
- Freshly Pressed Lemon Juice
- pink lemonade mix
- Triple Sec /Cointreau
- squeezed fresh lime
How to Make A Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita
First, you will press all of the lemons (in wedges as it is easier to work with 1/2’s and pieces) with the lemon press allowing the lemon juice to flow into a reserve bowl with a strainer.
Before you can create these tequila lemonade drinks, you need to craft a simple syrup, because the simple syrup is the base for a pink margarita that is a pink lemonade base!
You’ll then color the simple syrup, and you’ll then learn what’s in pink lemonade simple syrup.
After, you’ll be making the lemon margarita portion and combining it with the pink drink mixture without the alcohol, followed by combining
Step 1 For The Pink Margarita Ingredients: Simple Syrup
Naturally, you have a few choices as to how to go about making your pink lemonade alcoholic drink including how to make lemonade and simple syrup.
- you can purchase simple syrup
- you can purchase pink lemonade
… but your pink margarita with lemonade will not taste awesome it will create those throat boogers so keep reading and make the recipe!
You can become lazy only AFTER you sip on 2 or more of these! OLE!
If you have elected to prepare your own pink lemonade drink from start to finish your first step is to begin by combining equal ratios of sugar to water.
Once that comes to a boil, you’ll stir it to make sure that the sugar dissolves and you’ll want to remove it from heat.
What’s in pink lemonade that makes it Pink? In my version, you’ll simply add a packet of Pink Lemonade Kool-Aid mix.
Step 2: Creating the Freshly Squeezed Lemonade for Tequila and Pink Lemonade
You are creating the lemonade portion of the lemonade margarita then you will combine this with step 1 above to make the pink lemonade cocktails, so let’s start on the step 2 part.
Then once you yield the appropriate amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice, you will transfer the strained lemon juice content from the bowl to the tall mason jar or pitcher (whichever you are using) that you will be making the mixed drinks with pink lemonade in!
Next, you will combine the pink drink simple syrup with the freshly squeezed lemons, then combine.
Step 3: Combine Your Spirits For The Pink Margaritas With Tequila
Working with the mason jar that has the prepared pink drink margarita base in it without alcohol, we will now add in the alcohol content to finish up the drinks that are pink!
Combine your Orange choice of Liqueur (DeKuyper or Cointreau), with the limes to bolster the flavor while rounding it out.
Then you will add in the tequila portion of the pink margarita recipe mix, and stir!
Step 4: The Pink Margarita Tequila Lemonade Mix Is Ready To Serve
First, get your mason jar or serving glass that you will be filling with your pink drinks (pink margaritas), and fill it with ice.
Next, add pours of the pink lemonade mixture to the tequila margarita mixtures.
Stir, sip, and enjoy pink lemonade margaritas they are true, a triumvirate of flavors that melt together for one fabulously refreshing, tart, and tangy, summer pink cocktail!
What To Serve With Your Pink Lemonade Tequila Margaritas
Sides Are Always a Great Addition to a Fun Pink Cocktail
Serve taquitos, that are sliced into 1/2’s, and offer a dip with them.
Plus, I love just setting out single-serve batches of tortilla chips in big plastic cups, and then I set out guacamole, white queso, and salsa which my friends and family can just toss on their personal cups!
Popular Substitution and Additions
- Naturally, you can purchase simple syrup flavored simple syrup or you could make your own for the pink lemonade drinks.
- You can purchase pink lemonade if you prefer
- Instead of making a homemade margarita mix to add to the pink lemonade, you could purchase the premade mixes for margaritas and pep them up a bit!
- Use plastic cups for easier cleanup
- Provide a make-it-yourself pink lemonade tequila margarita bar, where the alcohol is mixed and the pink lemonade is separate and your guests add as much of each as they prefer instead of premixing
How To Store The Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita
Now, you’ll definitely want to have a plan in case you have leftover pink cocktails with lemonade drinks so here’s the plan!
The Best Way To Store A Pink Lemonade Margarita Batch
Simply take the extra pink lemonade mixed drink recipe and package it to store in the refrigerator.
How Long Will The Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita Last In the Fridge
Please remember that this is homemade and that its shelf life preserved in the fridge is a maximum of 2 weeks.
Pink Lemonade Margaritas FAQs
Does the temperature of the lemonade lemon matter?
You want to make sure that your lemon is at room temperature and before you even attempt to squeeze it, you will want to roll it on the counter and get the pulp moving before attempting to even juice the lemon.
Can I Use Fresh Strawberries to Create the Color Of the Pink in the Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita?
Yes, you sure can use fresh strawberries, or raspberries to get that fabulous pink color!
What Tools Can I Use To Squeeze the Lemons To Make the Best Lemonade?
You have a few options to craft fresh-squeezed lemonade.
- You can squeeze them by hand
- Or you can take a half of a lemon and push a fork into to squeeze out the pulp
- Manual Press: squeeze each half with a hand-held squeezer, I use a stainless steel manual so this is my preference. This is a very efficient method and you can reserve the rind of each for your compost if you so choose.
- Pro Citrus Squeezer. This particular item is very handy in the kitchen if you are often pressing citrus: grapefruit, lemons, limes, oranges, and albeit not citrus, pomegranates.
- Hand squeezer with bowl: this one takes me back a bit, to my first squeezer, then I ditched it. But it is inexpensive and has practical applications so if you have it use it, just not my personal fave!
Other Drink Recipes You’ll Love
Make Sure To Come Back and Tell Me How Your Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita Turned Out
Pink Lemonade Tequila Margarita
- Quart Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Citrus Press
- strainer for seeds and pulp
- 2 Large Glass Mason Jar or Pitchers each 48 ounces
- 4 Mason Jars 12 Ounces Each
FOR THE SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 c Water boiling
- 1 c sugar or sugar substitute
FOR HOMEMADE PINK LEMONADE
- 1 c Freshly Pressed lemon Juice About 4-6 lemons
- 4 C Water
- 1 .23 oz packet pink lemonade mix
FOR PINK LEMONADE MARGARITAS
- 10 oz Triple Sec /Cointreau we used DEKUYPER you can use any you perfer
- 8 oz squeezed fresh lime
- 20 oz Tequila
To Prep Margarita Jars
- 4 c ice (1 C ) per jar and the option to add more if preferred crushed, or cubes but filled to the top
- IF you prefer you can purchase pink lemonade at the store and bypass the simple syrup and fresh lemonade portion of the ingredients and jump to creating the pink lemonade margarita mixture!
- Combine equal ratios of sugar to water. Bring to a boil, stir to dissolve sugar, remove from heat. **Do not keep boiling and be very careful to not boil to spill
- Once the simple syrup is done boiling and the sugar is dissolved stir in packet of Pink Lemonade Koolaid Mix. Stir to dissolve. Set aside.
FRESH EASY LEMONADE
- Press the lemons into a measureing cup. Once you yield 2 cups, use a strainer to strain the juice from the measuring cup into the tall mason jar or pitcher (whichever you are using). This will keep the pulp and seeds out of the drink.
- Once you've added the lemons into the pitcher, add in the simple syrup.
- Mix to combine. (shake if you are using a mason jar that has a lock in lid as I did.)
To Make The Pink Lemonade Margarita
- In a Large 48 Oz Jar or Pitcher, add your Orange choice of Liqueur (DeKuyper or Cointreau)
- Followed by the freshly squeezed limes
- Then the add in the tequila
- Stir well to combine
Place the Pink Margarita Tequila Lemonade In It's Serving Vessel
- Add 1/2 -1 c of ice to each mason jar
- Place beverage in your mason jar or glass, sip and enjoy!
*Never drink and drive, do not drink if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, and drink responsibly if you do drink – Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Friends don’t let friends drink and drive.