To make Christmas day even more memorable for your family, discover our 5 special Christmas day traditions families love and adopt them into your own day!
Christmas is a time for family, friends, and loved ones and before you can blink your eyes, Christmas day will come and go so get your Santa booty in gear and make a plan for a memorable hol-i-DAY that your family will cherish long after the season is gone!
What better way to show your loved ones how much you care than by giving them the best Christmas day ever?
Memory-making holiday traditions are not hard to do, you just have to be consistent and over time they are the Christmas day traditions your family will identify with year after year!
And you’ll want to note that we are covering Christmas day traditions, which leaves you wide open to create Christmas season (holiday traditions) traditions too, this is just a jump-start idea!
Alright, buckle up your Santa or Mrs. Claus belt because we are about to get down and sooty with ideas from delicious feasts to spending quality time together!
Once you have created your top 5 lives of special Christmas day traditions, your Christmas will be one for books!
Now, are you ready to discover the five ideas we are about to share to make sure your whole family enjoys Christmas day?
Ideas For Christmas Day Traditions From Food To Relaxation
Sometimes traditions just happen and that means, it becomes something that you do year after year.
Is there anything you already do every single Christmas Day that you might incorporate into your 5 Christmas traditions for your whole family?
Christmas day fun, family Christmas day traditions, and special Christmas Day ideas, all are what you are going for, and you can easily do it!
Remember, use our ideas for Christmas Day traditions list loosely and as a springboard to make your own traditions.
There are no right or wrong ways to celebrate the holiday but do make sure to incorporate your whole family.
1. Special Christmas Day Traditions Families Love: They Prepare A Delicious Feast
Honestly, no Christmas is complete without a sumptuous feast.
So whether you’re cooking a traditional holiday meal or something more unique, make sure there’s plenty of food to go around.
Don’t forget the holiday dessert! In fact you could make the gingerbread pieces ahead of time and make a gingerbread house to devour for dessert.
Of course, a festive Christmas cake or some homemade cookies are always a Christmas must!
Plus, you might consider making your own Christmas punch this holiday season, and with so many recipes out there, you’re sure to find one that is perfect for your special occasion!
Of course, you can make a kid version of the punch and the “Mr. and Mrs. Claus Need Their Alcohol” punch!
2. Fun Activities Are Special Day Traditions Families Love
Christmas day is a great time to bond with your loved ones but games make it even more interactive!
- Gin Rummy is always a fun game
- Go Fish is an all-ages favorite plus put out some snacks (and wine for Mrs. Claus)
- Play Monopoly or Life
- And of course, you could take a walk or a drive to see the pretty holiday lights
Naturally, if there is snow you’ll want to get those sleds out and sled, have a snowball fight, or even have a snowperson-building contest!
And at the end of all the outdoor activities, we suggest hot cocoa, doesn’t that sound like a holiday made on the Hallmark channel? LOL! Yet, all you had to do was decide that these are going to be traditions and your life is transformed into holiday bliss just like that!
Remember, the purpose of fun Christmas day activities will help everyone feel more connected and make the day even more enjoyable.
3. Christmas Day Traditions + Enjoying The Present Exchange
What’s Christmas without presents?
Make sure to get something for everyone on your list.
If you’re not sure what to get, gift cards are always a safe bet.
And if your budget is a bit stretched thin this year, consider making your own gifts that each person can enjoy.
You can make everyone the same thing or be really creative and make something different for each family member.
The Bonus Gift That Santa Can’t Bring But Each of You Can
- As an added touch to the gift exchange, after the stockings are emptied, hand each person in the room a stack of note cards and a pen. (we always buy Santa pens at the dollar stores and it becomes a keepsake for the game)
- Each person writes something that they appreciate about all the people in the room, and they place it in that person’s stocking.
- Each person then takes their stockings and reads aloud what is on the card.
- It’s a nice way to share the love and our bonding time.
4. Ideas For Christmas Day Traditions Including Spending Quality Time Together
One of the best things about Christmas is that it gives you an excuse to spend quality time with your loved ones.
Whether you’re spending the day watching a classic holiday movie or just chatting by the fire, take advantage of this time to connect with those who matter most to you.
Nothing can compare to spending quality time with your family, so make the most of it this Christmas and be sure to cherish every moment.
We love putting “The Christmas Story” on while we open gifts, it just plays in the background, and it’s great for anyone who is wanting to watch the movie and hasn’t had a chance.
5. Build The Holiday Cheer – See. Smell. Feel Christmas Day
Last but not least, make sure your home is full of holiday cheer!
Ideas for Christmas Day traditions are about seeing, smelling, and experiencing the day, and you can easily make all of that happen in a few steps, here are our ideas for Christmas Day traditions to smell and see!
- Put up some festive decorations
- light some scented candles
- play some holiday music
- wear matching pj’s and take a family photo
- dress up your pet
- wear Santa hats
- get everyone fun Christmas Day slippers
- Don’t use your phones, as they take away from the day
- Pop some popcorn
- Put out a tray of cookies
- Make fun tasty drinks to sip on all day long
- Use fun scented soaps in all of your bathrooms for handwashing
- Place fun holiday fingertip towels in the bathrooms
Christmas morning is also a little more special when everyone is excited about the holiday.
Now Use Our Special Christmas Day Traditions Families Love And Make Them Your Own!
Bookmark this page, so you can easily come back and use the ideas or print them! We are so happy you have found this interesting and useful!
Tell us what you use For Christmas Day Traditions, we want to hear and learn.
So whether you celebrate Christmas like a child or feel more like the Grinch during the festive period, take some time to get in the spirit of the season, and everyone will be sure to have a great time!
Christmas is a special time of year when family and friends come together to celebrate. Make sure your Christmas is extra special by including these five must-haves.
By following these tips, you’re guaranteed to have a Christmas that everyone will remember fondly for years to come!