Do you want to learn how to go all in for Thanksgiving nibbles and make an incredibly easy and stunning Thanksgiving food board?
Picture this: today you will learn and easily master how to make an easy Thanksgiving food board which is a foodie DIY that is quick to prepare and also often referred to as a Charcuterie board for turkey day.
It’s Thanksgiving tradition in our home to create food boards and we make one for every single holiday and every glass of wine!
Feed your friends and family so they can gobble till they wobble, with is Thanksgiving appetizer board (charcuterie idea) that both kids and adults will love.
Don’t be intimated by food boards, because they are not complicated to make at all, and you can add your own flare to each again this is an easy Thanksgiving charcuterie board so you can do this!
In today’s post we are going to share one very easy and stunning Thanksgiving food board you must try because it feeds many at one time and it is so darn easy that every home should use a charcuterie board for their parties!
Why You’ll Love Our Easy Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board
Objective: there are so many different options for food, and decor when it comes to making a Turkey Day snack platter that you can simply use my Thanksgiving cheese and snack board as fuel to DIY your own charcuterie inspiration.
- the Thanksgiving appetizer board is really easy to make
- ingredients vary from food board to food board
- use a food board for any occasion not just Thanksgiving
- serve charcuterie trays and food boards at parties
- a food board for Thanksgiving creates a stress-free snack for guests with loads of options
- Thanksgiving food boards can be made with healthy options or not
- when food boards look appealing they are devoured and your Thanksgiving food board will look stunning
Good news: what you won’t find on this creative Thanksgiving cheese meat and snack board are complicated foods, instead, you’ll find nibbles and bits of a large variety from crunchy veggies to meat and everything in between.
So yes, you can simply use these DIY easy Thanksgiving charcuterie board ideas to take a basic meat and cheese tray from drab to fab and make your nibbling Thanksgiving Charcuterie appetizer tray dressed up and gobbly delicious!
The #1 Golden Rule Of Creating A Stunning Thanksgiving Food Board
Keep your food board simple for Thanksgiving and offer many different bits and nibbles of different foods, and most likely you’ll end up with something for everyone at your party. Let’em Gobble till they wobble with food babies!
Kitchen Essentials To Make A Stunning Thanksgiving Food Board
- Small quarter cup size bowls
- pumpkins for decor (optional)
- anything Thanksgiving decor-like (optional)
Ingredients for your Stunning Thanksgiving Food Board
You’ll find that you can add and substitute any ingredients that you prefer this is a springboard for you to gain confidence and then create your own, or of course you can do exactly what I did! Go!
Remember: Simple options are easiest, and sliced and cubed cheeses make for quicker grabs and easier plating.
- Purple kale
- Cheese a few kinds (cut into cubes and slices)
- Brie – optional but good (can be uncooked or baked)
- Vegetables – a variety of sliced, and sticks
- Crunchy snacks like corn chips, pretzels, cheese sticks
- Fruit that is easy to grab, such as grape clusters or strawberries,
- Dried fruits (apricots on mine)
- Pepperoni or other cold cuts that easily fold
- Peppers cut into strips
- Artichokes hearts
- Cherry tomatoes
How to Make a Stunning Thanksgiving Food Board
There are no set rules for creating Thanksgiving meat and cheese boards with other assorted snacks, other than this… Know Your Crowd Then Fill The Board!
Pro Tip When Creating A Thanksgiving Appetizer Board: Purple Kale
The placement of the kale is important to keeping the food like crackers in an upright positing without falling and using purple kale allows you to keep within the colorful authenticity of the holiday!
Step 1: Start by Placing Purple Kale On Thanksgiving Cheese & Meat Snack Board
Purple kale is a very helpful item as you can tuck your crackers and other snacks into the kale so that you can line them up and they will not fall take a look at my flat pretzels for example.
Step 2: Use Smaller Food Bowls Across The Thanksgiving Food Tray
You will want to use a few bowls also to put some of the food in like olives or apricots or tomatoes it keeps those foods to themselves and allows you an easier way to stack up tomatoes or keep peppers grouped.
Pro Tip When Styling Your Thanksgiving Cheese And Snack Board: Try to use differing heights in your food piles as well as your smaller bowls. For instance, use a pedestal to elevate cheese such as brie, or tall glass to hold the pepper strips, to keep the eyes moving across all of the offerings on your Thanksgiving mega platter.
Once you have placed your kale on the platter you will want to place each of your serving cups around the platter and consider where you want the other foods.
Step 3: Place Your Meats, Cheeses, and Snack Items Around the Board
I wanted the small pretzel bits separate from the cheese in case some of them fall into the platter it would not then fall onto the cheese.
Again this is all personal preference but how I think about things when I do them.
I placed apricots in a bowl next to pretzel flats that were stacked atop the kale so they would stand up, and I love apricots on top of a cracker and a piece of brie, so it just made sense to me to position it this way.
I kept the orange crunchy snacks to the exterior so they are easily grabbable as they are a popular snacking item.
I put cheese chunks on the exterior by the raven so they could easily be snagged with a toothpick and offering pics inside of the artichoke ball was also helpful
Honestly, there is no wrong or right way to make an easy Thanksgiving charcuterie board and yours may and will differ greatly based on your crowd’s preferences.
Thanksgiving-Themed Charcuterie Board Add Seasonal Decor
Remember this is a Thanksgiving charcuterie tray so once you have stacked your board with all of the foods and treats that you decided upon, it’s time to dress Thanksgiving nibbling platter up!
- offer Thanksgiving napkins for decor
- use Thanksgiving paper snack plates
- use festive Thanksgiving-themed picks for cheese
- place the easy Thanksgiving charcuterie board atop a Thanksgiving tablecloth or runner
Decide if your platter with Thanksgiving snack food snacks is going to be the central focal point of your turkey day food table or if it is just going to be placed somewhere in a room for grazing.
Ideas For Creating A Charcuterie Board For Turkey Day
Remember, you know your family and friends best so use this guide with the ideas below loosely and implement your own ideas!
- use simple foods that can be grabbed such as large grapes, strawberries, watermelon chunks
- if you have food that needs a toothpick have those already on the tray in a shot glass for easy grabbing
- cubes of cheese work well and the purple kale underneath will hold it in place
- slice some cheese in order to give variation in size and appearance
- offer more than one type of pretzel, such as flat pretzels and small bites for differing textures
- use large cuts of lunch meat, rolled and then cut in half (ham, turkey, pepperoni, salami)
- keep nuts in a small bowl, so they don’t fall into all the other foods and into the exterior
- use different nuts like almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and pistachios to keep it exciting
- multi-color pepper strips are appealing visually and stand them up in a cup to gain extra space for more food
- you can use a countertop, a charcuterie board, a cutting board, or a huge dish for preparing the turkey day food board
- do not put dips toward the interior or the dip may be dropped on other foods, so keep it to the outside
Keep Your DIY Easy Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board SIMPLE
Making a creative turkey day cheese and snack board is uncomplicated and provides a nice spread of foods that can be consumed as “picking” rather than gorging which many prefer.
Simple combinations of everyday favorite snacks are the best way to build a tray that everyone will enjoy and there are so many Turkey Day board ideas that you are sure to find a combination you love!
Dress yours up with decor and watch it disappear, as they gobble until they wobble onto the couch and floor and relax, the way parties are supposed to happen! Momma sip that wine! You got this. ~ DANA XO
Leave a Reply