Do you want to learn how to make one exceedingly easy classic bread stuffing that you can both stuff your turkey with and bake pans of it separately to gobble till you wobble?
Today, we are going to share bread stuffing that uses only 7 basic everyday ingredients to prepare.
This is the baked turkey stuffing recipe, poultry stuffing side dish, and porkchop stuffing you have been seeking and never found, until you did, right now!
In case you didn’t know stuffing is often referred to as classic bread dressing or white bread stuffing, all of which lead right back to easy classic bread stuffing, being one and the same!
For today’s article, we will focus on preparing this stuffing as though we are using it to stuff a turkey for Thanksgiving but we use it for many meals throughout the year!
Now, grab your glass of wine, turn up the volume on Alexa, and let’s make this stuffing with classic bread stuffing with onions and celery and minimal work!
Why You’ll Love The Best Traditional Bread Stuffing For Your Meals
- The onions and celery are guaranteed to be soft and not overpowering
- the ingredients in the recipe for the baked stuffing in or out of the (Turkey) are easy to find
- You can and should make portions of this recipe ahead of time to keep your big Turkey day work to a minimum
- Use the bread stuffing in the oven for pork chops, poultry, and seafood meals when you want yummy stuffing
- If you are in charge of stuffing, it’s easily transportable!
Kitchen Essentials You’ll Need To Make The Best Traditional Bread Stuffing
- a frying pan
- wooden spoon
- cutting board
- food processor
- large mixing bowl
- baking pans (foil is fine)
- foil to cover the pans
- cheesecloth for cooking inside chicken or turkey cavities
Ingredients For Your Easy Classic Bread Stuffing
- herbed bread cubes
- chicken broth
- white onions or yellow onions
- poultry seasoning
- optional (fresh parsley)
How To Make Easy Classic Bread Stuffing
This is so uncomplicated, I feel bad even writing it out, but here we go, it is time to make stuffing with onions and celery also known as easy classic bread stuffing with herbs!
Stuffing For Turkey Oven + Pan Prep
You’ll preheat your oven and you will prepare your baking pans.
To prepare your baking pans, simply spray them with a nonstick spray or use a basting brush and lightly coat them with olive oil (that’s what we do!)
Prep The Bread Stuffing With Herbs
Place Bread Cubes in a bowl, add pepper and poultry seasoning and set aside.
Saute The Stuffing Veggies (Celery and Onion)
In a large skillet, add butter, chopped onions, and celery, along with some of the Chicken Broth.
You’ll want to cover this to allow it to steam and get the veggies tender.
Once they are softened, you will add them to the bread cube mix.
Mix well to combine, so that the ingredients are evenly distributed, and add the rest of the chicken broth to the stuffing with onions and celery
Now if you are just using this as baking bread stuffing outside the turkey, skip to the next section by touching here.
If you are going to use some of the easy classic bread stuffing for the cavity of the turkey read the next section.
Using the Stuffing For The Turkey Cavity
Using the prepared stuffing in the mixing bowl, simply open your piece of cheesecloth (we suggested leaving it doubled when cutting so that it is a bit thicker to work with) and set it on your workspace.
Add a few generous spoonfuls of the stuffing mixture, then tie pull all the ends together and tie off or use butcher twine to tie off.
Move on to the next step to finish preparing stuffing for the turkey that will be baked stuffing in pans.
Fill Your Prepped Baking Pans With Stuffing For Turkey
Divide the batch into 2 equal portions.
Add remaining butter pieces across the top of each pan.
Cover each with foil, place in your preheated oven, and bake.
Once done, remove and serve.
The 1 Thing I Do Every Time I Make This Easy Classic Bread Stuffing
After the baked stuffing is complete, I generally add an additional 5 minutes and mist it with olive oil or a basting brush with butter and graze the top of the stuffing and place it in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp just a bit, then I remove it!
Easy Classic Bread Stuffing
- 2 – 14 oz Bags of Herbed Bread Cubes
- 2 – 32 Oz Box of Chicken Broth
- 10 Ribs of Celery – celery strings peeled for removal
- 3 White Onions- Medium Size chopped small
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 Tsp of Poultry Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray 2, 9×13 Baking Dishes with Non Stick Spray
- Cut A Pouch out of the Cheese Cloth if you are Stuffing the interior of the turkey and set it aside
- Place Bread Cubes in a bowl
- In a large skillet, add one stick of butter, chopped onions, and celery, along with 1 Cup of Chicken Broth and poultry seasoning.
- Cover this and allow it to steam and tender the vegetables.
- Once Veggies are fork tender, softened, add it to the to bread cubed mixed and mix well.
- Add in the remaining chicken broth and mix again to evenly distribute the broth
- Remove About a cup or 2 of stuffing to fill the cavity of the bird if you are stuffing the turkey too and place it in the cheesecloth then place that inside of the turkey
- if you stuffed the turkey, and took out what you needed for the interior of the bird, now you will Divide the batch into 2 equal portion. If you did not stuff the turkey, still divide this into 2 equal portions so you can bake it.
- slice butter pats on each, splitting the 2nd stick of butter evenly between both casseroles.
- Cover With Foil and Bake at 325° Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes with the foil off to crisp a bit
- Serve Warm, refrigerate leftovers.