Authentic Italian strawberry almond biscotti is an upgraded biscotti baking secret giving a surprisingly tasty twist to old-school biscotti, providing a crunchy texture, an incredibly fragrant strawberry scent with a strawberry almond flavor you’ll have to experience to believe.
Strawberry biscotti with almonds takes the ordinary out of the recipe equation and fills the authentic Italian finger-shaped biscotti with a deceptively easy flavor creating a treat that will make any cookie lover drool!
The almond strawberry sliced cookie is a 2x baked biscotti plank and can be unbelievably made in very few steps, unlike those traditional Italian biscotti!
Why You’ll Love Strawberry Biscotti With Almonds
- Easy to find ingredients make up this strawberry biscotti with almonds recipe
- simple to make biscotti recipe
- the almond with strawberry biscotti can and should be made in advance
- the biscotti made of a strawberry almond combination can be dipped in chocolate, drizzled, and/or dunked in icing
- the strawberry biscotti contains no oil
If you are familiar with old-school biscotti you already know that biscotti can be made with any ingredients and fruits and nuts as well.
Biscotti are twice-baked cookies so you will bake your sliced cookies more than one time and you will find that the sliced biscotti are sweet on their own even without the addition of extra sugar.
Equipment Needed To Make Strawberry Biscotti With Almonds
- mixing bowl
- rubber scraper
- wooden spoon
- hand mixer
- measure cup
- baking tray – my favorite baking trays that are worth every penny are HERE and you can get them 25% off NOW (code InTheKitchenWithDana
- parchment paper
- cooling rack
Ingredients For Italian Strawberry Almond Biscotti
Here we go, the big reveal of the ingredients that you will need to make these simple strawberry shortcut biscotti!
- sugar (optional)
- Vanilla (optional)
- cake mix
- sliced almonds
How To Make Italian Strawberry Almond Biscotti
Preheat your oven before you start mixing your ingredients.
Step 1 Prep Your Ingredients To Make the Strawberry Boxed Cake Mix Recipe
Using a large mixing bowl, add your flour, egg, and butter.
Next, add in the strawberry cake mix and again mix to combine.
If your dough is crumbly you will want to add a tablespoon of water at a time.
If your dough is too wet, add a bit of flour a tablespoon at a time, but mix in between each addition to achieve the perfect texture.
Step 2: Working With The Strawberry and Almond Biscotti Dough
Your dough is perfect when it is sticky but not too sticky and when it separates from the bowl without having to work at it.
You’ll divide the dough into 2 portions in the mixing bowl.
Then you will place one portion of the strawberry almond dough (for the biscotti) onto the parchment paper and roll it into a log.
Once the log is rolled, you will slightly flatten the dough (to widen it).
Repeat the exact same procedure with the other portion of the dough using the other half of the baking tray.
Step 3: Bake the Almond and Strawberry Biscotti
The first baking is about 20 minutes then when you can press your fingers into the baked loaf and the fingerprints rapidly disappear or your dough is lightly brown and the loaf is solid, you will pull the loaf of strawberry biscotti out of the oven.
Allow the loaves to rest for at least 10 minutes but not more than 15 before you begin slicing the biscotti.
Slice your strawberry and almond biscotti loaves as thick as you prefer and then flip them on their side.
Repeat this for both loaves and then return the pan to the oven to further bake (twice baked = biscotti) for the second time.
Once they are golden brown or darker brown (whichever you prefer) remove them from the oven (not more than 20 minutes)
Allow the freshly baked strawberry-flavored almond biscotti to rest to cool.
Enjoy after they have cooled! ~ Dana xo
Make Sure To Come Back And Tell Me How The Italian Strawberry Almond Biscotti Turned Out!
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 stick of softened salted butter room temperature only
- 1/2 c sugar you can choose not to add (optional)
- 1 strawberry box cake mix
- 1 c flour (all purpose)
- 1 c sliced almonds (not toasted)
- Each of The Following Are OPTIONAL Ingredients
- CANDY MELT ICING OPTION AFTER BAKING
- 6-12 oz white dipping chocolate melt and use after cookies are baked and cooled
- ROYAL SHINY COLORFUL ICING OPTIONS
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- a few drops of favorite food coloring
- 3-4 Tbsp. Milk add it one TBSP at a time in case you don't need it all. You don't want it runny
- 1 tbsp. Karo syrup it gives it a shine
- 1 squirt of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Prepares a baking pan with parchment paper optional
- Combine eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Cream and make sure everything is well mixed.
- Add strawberry cake mix to the mixture
- Next, add flour and combine.
- If you are adding in the sliced almonds do it now by folding them in by hand.
- Divide the dough in half, rolling each half into a log as long as the baking tray.
- You may need a tablespoon of flour on the counter or some on your fingers in order to keep the dough from sticking. (see notes below for how to roll the loaves if you do not know how)
- Once done transfer to the baking tray.
- Press the biscotti loaf to about 2 1/2" wide and 1" high.
- Repeat process for other portions of Italian Strawberry Almond Loaf.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the logs are firm to touch, and you can press firmly in middle.
- Light brown logs are fine, and what you are going for here, and you want to be able to press the baked loaf and have your fingerprint more or less bounce back and disappear.
- At this point, remove them from the oven, and leave the oven on.
- Allow the biscotti to cool for no more than 15 minutes, no less than ten.
- Using a long, sharp knife, cut the biscotti, each will be 2 1/2" long (Based on how you roll them out and lightly press them in their log formation you will strive for 2.5" from side to side) and you can cut these as thin or thick as you prefer. I suggest 1/4" slices but this is all preference.
- As you cut each biscotti, lay it on its side, remember you are baking these cookies again.
- Repeat this until each loaf is fully sliced.
- Return the cookies and tray into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- The cookies need to be lightly brown, not burned so watch them.
- Once they are lightly browned, remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool for at least 2 hours.
- If you so desire, take 6 oz of baking chocolate, melt it according to package directions, and dip just 1/4 of the biscotti into the chocolate.
- Then top with sprinkles. Or you can make the shiny icing and dip each cookie into the icing as well
- Enjoy~ Dana XO
The #1 Tip To Perfect Your Italian Strawberry Almond Biscotti Mix Turn Out Perfect
Your eggs should be at room temperature, which means, take out your eggs, and run your tap water until it is warm.
Fill some in a mug and place the eggs in their shells in the mug until the water cools.
Suddenly you have room temperature eggs in about 5 minutes!
How to Roll The Italian Strawberry Almond Biscotti into logs
With a little flour on the counter, take one portion of the dough, kind of form it into a log, and then roll that log a bit on the left back and forth, and a bit on the right.
Uniformity in this log formation for both the length and thickness is very important.
Once you have achieved that, you will have doubled the size of the dough portion and you transfer that to the baking tray.
Now you need to flatten the log to about 2 1/2" wide and about 1" in height.
The log should reach from end to end of your baking pan (about an 18 x 13" pan).
For those placing 2 logs on the tray, repeat the same steps above and leave about 4-5" between each log for baking.