It’s the season of the meatless meals and I am forever tracking down the best way to prepare these meals. In my day-to-day life I am all about meatless meals and always experimenting with new foods but I love classics like Broccoli Cheddar Soup. With the cold snap we are currently experiencing and the timeliness of the season, what better dish to prepare than Broccoli Cheddar soup. If you are looking for a recipe with a lot of fru-fru in it, this is the wrong place, because I am about the easy, fast and absolute best-tastes that can be created in ANY kitchen from luxury-sized to apartment-sized. Who’s ready to create broccoli Cheddar Soup in their kitchen? Let’s gather up the ingredients, huddle around my stove and cook up a nice welcoming pot of tradition that beckons crackers, and a side of vino. Lavishly live food out loud and prepare Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Lovely warm cups of Broccoli Cheddar Soup dress the winter table in my home. Served up alongside some warm crusty bread there is nothing like this warm meal. It’s easy to make delicious Broccoli Cheddar Soup and my recipe will have you making it over and over.
Check after the recipe for tips and tricks to change up this recipe, as there are many variations.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 Tbsp Of Butter
- 2 Tbsp Of Balsamic
- 1/4 Cup of Sweet Onion Sliced
- 1 - 16 oz bag of broccoli florets
- 1 32 oz Container of Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups of Cheddar Grated Cheese
- 2 Tsp Of Fresh Ground Pepper
- 4 Oz of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Butter
- 1/4 Flour
- 24 oz of Milk
For The Onion
- Melt 2 Tbsp of Butter with the 1/4 sliced Onion and let it turn translucent, do not let the butter burn, keep on low heat and cover, but check
- Add In Broccoli and allow it to cook with lid on as well and add a little broth about 1/4 C
- Once Softened (about 10 minutes maximum, Separate the broccoli and onions into a blender, Ninja, etc leaving behind the melted butter and soup mixture, using a slotted spoon is best.
- Take the Broccoli, Cream Cheese and all but the last 1/4 C of Vegetable Broth and place in blender. Pulse to mix.
For The Rue
- With the reserve broth and butter mixture from the broccoli and onion mixture it is time to make the rue.
- Add in 1/2 C of Butter, 1/4 of Flour (little by little) and add in 1/4 C of Vegetable Stock. Using a whisk, whisk till thickened and add in balsamic
- Remove from heat.
- Remove Pot from stove and place on slow cooker and adding in additional 24 ounces of milk and stir.
For The Broccoli Cheddar
- Add in Pepper, Broccoli Mixture and Rue altogether and stir well with a large whisk. Place lid on and allow to thicken for about 2 hours on the slow cooker. About one hour into the mixture, add the cheddar cheese and stir with a fork to blend well, again allow to cook for one last hour on low and serve.
You can sub out milk for Water
You can use any milk, 2%, Fat Free, Whole Milk or even 1/2 and 1/2.
Do not boil broccoli, do not add water to broccoli.
The broccoli cheddar soup has so many variations and can be adjusted to meet your wants and tastes. Remember the key ingredients just need to be steamed so they are soft. To keep this lighter, use fat free milk or water as well as light cheese. Lavishly live cool days out loud when you warm up then nighttime meals with broccoli cheddar soup ~