Food let’s us celebrate the Super Bowl, all season football, hockey, soccer, baseball and more. The bantering back and forth generally is about who is bringing what food and what beer and what time does the eating commence? We are football and hockey insane in my home and we celebrate every game with great food, loud cheers and tons of wickedly easy-to-prepare food. Football games are downtime for us while the teams work to secure their spots their division and ice hockey games carve out a huge appetite as we have to really help coach! I have a food that is a true touchdown and goal, when it comes to preparation and taste and today I am going to share Chili Pierogies with you! Armchair coaching does tend to make us all hungry conjuring up the need for delicious eats and whether we are tailgating or hanging out. I happen to have my own variation of a Pittsburgh inspired dish that is a new spin on Pierogies and Chili. Let’s lavishly live food out loud and cook up Chili Pierogies.
We are all about celebrating all of the sports that are played in our great city from Football to Hockey and Baseball! This is just one traditional recipe I create. Meet my Chili Pierogies, it is a mock Pierogi. These are so easy to make that in a blink of an eye, they will be baking and you will have some very happy Chili eating mugs. While the traditional Pierogi is boiled and noted to be a more dumpling-like item, mine places a new twist on a traditional favorite and the times savings is huge thanks to canned chili (but you can make your own if you prefer) There will be no onions, butter and sauerkraut, just delicious meat and cheese! Who is ready to create Chili Pierogies?
- 1 15 Oz Can Of Chili beans or no beans, your choice
- 1 Bag of Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese 2 Cups (any brand)
- 1 Can 13.8 oz of Pizza Crust from Dairy Any brand
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 fork for using tines
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Open Pizza Crust Up and place it on cutting board.
- Take a Glass and cut the dough out by the circle of the glass opening
- Place 1 TBSP of chili to a Cut Circle. (place tbsp to the left or right side, but the other side must be able to fold over, as photo'd above and be sealed with tines of a fork)
- Add 1 TSP or so of shredded cheese.
- Fold over the one side that is not filled and crease with tines of a fork
- You will bake them in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
These are so easy to make, and it is fine if they are not all the same size. I usually am a total crazed person about uniformity, but for this I just went with it, because they are effortless and turn out perfect no matter how much or how little you play with them.
This one is perfect and wait till you see how they baked up. Now let’s take a look at the sizzling platter when it came out of the oven, talk about mouth watering.
Chili Pierogies are perfect and resemble the famous Pittsburgh Pierogies, but Chili replaces the sauerkraut, cheddar cheese, potato and onion fillings! Get ready for an easy-to-make recipe with loads of flavor! Get ready to cheer your team on, and I hope they win! Cheers and happy sports to you as you create Chili Pierogies.