What exactly are Single Serving 7-Layer Dip Cups?
Simply put, it’s a dip that will have you licking the cup long after it’s gone.
Individual servings that no one else will dare steal out of your hands so have at it!
There’s sour cream, refried beans, tomatoes, avocados and that’s the shortlist!
In other words, there is a lot of party in that single serving!
Here’s your scenario + Why There’s No Need To Share Your Single Portion Party Dip
You are at a party, and you eye-spy a dip you might want to eat.
However, your party companion may not want the same and you are splitting a plate.
STOP right there.
No need to split anything when it comes to my Party Perfect Single Serving 7 Layer Dip Cups!
Let them get their own and while you are at it, cob a squat in a corner somewhere and tote the chip bowl with you (ok, just kidding!)
Whether you are celebrating a birthday, big summer holiday, Christmas, New Year’s, or your football games, this is the go-to dip you will rely on!
Each cup will be a single serving.
Fun Facts about my Party Perfect Dip for Tortilla Chips Cups
Yes, there is such a thing as fun facts about my single-serving 7-layer dip cups!
- as prepared the recipe is gluten-free
- and if served with gluten-free chips it maintains the GF status
- as prepared it’s also meatless
- Serve with regular corn tortilla chips,
- or serve flatbread, or thin breadsticks for those that are not gluten-free!
- Single cups keep you in control of your servings as well as who might dip in it!
- Stop eating out of a bowl that double-dipping has been happening in, total YUCK!
- It’s a fancy guacamole (kinda) in a cup!
1 dozen of party perfect dip and chip cups
So is this guacamole in a cup?
Yes and no.
It’s much more than guacamole in a cup because there are other easy ingredients!
Scale the easy recipe in half if you don’t need that much or of course make enough to eat a day later!
Remember, guacamole is great fresh but not so much a few days later.
Bigger batches aren’t better if they can be consumed, whereas smaller batches doubtfully will leave any leftovers because this guacamole in a cup is pretty darn tasty!
Did I mention that if you serve this on a platter with gluten-free chips, and keep it separate from other foods, it is a GLUTEN-FREE dip as prepared and served with the right chips!
Don’t forget it’s also meatless so you’ve covered 2 different types of eating lifestyles in one batch!
Serve with regular tortilla chips for those not abstaining from gluten.
Avocados & Guacamole in a Cup
When you purchase your avocados, you are about to define the guacamole in a cup!
IF you choose wrong, you will not yield a good taste and some of those avocados in the store are just not yummy.
In fact, people pick up the avocados, then put them back and sometimes they tumble to the ground!
This leads me to this statement: don’t buy an avocado that is very brown, it could be the worst mistake you’ll make
You want to choose an avocado that yields to your touch but is not squishy.
Better yet, pop the top which means, move that little brown nubby at the top and if it is green, buy it because she’s a ripe one!
Always rinse and dry your avocados before you scoop them.
Remember people have been handling them, thoroughly wash.
Also, as a side note, I always buy one extra in the case that the expected yield is not enough from the avos that were actually smashed for the dip.
Finally, don’t buy petite avocados to make guacamole, larger get the job one faster.
Now do you want a few other recipes that go great with 7 Layer Dip Cups?
Garlic and Rocking the Guac
To make the best guacamole that is going in that single serving cup, you need to use garlic.
Yes, you need to use fresh cloves of garlic.
Don’t cheat this recipe by using minced garlic, cause ‘Ewww’!
Here’s an additional tip, toss a little garlic salt into the mix when you are making the guac, and you can thank me later!
Dunking, Dipping, and Fingers
What can you dip into the 7 layer dip cups?
Maybe the better response is what can’t you dip into the party perfect dip and chip cups.
- Do you love corn chips or tortilla chips?
- What about crostini?
- Raw veggies and fingers.
- bread sticks
- pita chips
- wonton crisps
Yep, it’s your own single-serve cup of 7 Layer Dip so dig in and enjoy!
Recipe Here for Fancy Guacamole (kinda) in a cup
7 Layer Dip Cups
- 2 LARGE ripe avocados rinsed and dried skin off, pit out
- 3 cloves fresh garlic finely minced ( or 2 Tbsp of Minced jarred garlic)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- Zest of lime
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of Smoked Paprika optional
ALL THE OTHER INGREDIENTS NOT IN THE GUAC
- 1½ c sour cream you can use lite if you prefer
- 2 teaspoons of lime chili powder Trader Joe’s or plain chili powder if that is what you have
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin eliminate if you hate cumin
- Replace with Smoked Paprika
- 1 t. garlic powder or garlic salt if you want to eliminate salt to taste.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ c. refried beans
- 1- pint cherry or grape tomatoes rinsed, chopped
- A Cup of Mexican blend finely shredded (generally it is a 4-cheese blend)
- ONE 15-oz. can black olives drained and chopped small
- 3 large green onions green only, sliced thin (more chopped)
- GUACAMOLE PREPARATION
- Wash avocado.
Next, slice the avocados in half lengthwise.
Remove the pit.
Scoop the avocado flesh out with a spoon into a large bowl.
Add garlic and lime juice and zest of lime (optional but mmmm)
Then season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Dash the smoked paprika here if adding and stir.
Now, mas up this combination with a fork until thoroughly blended and smooth (toss in a blender if you prefer)
Cover tightly and set aside.
- ALL THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS
Add the sour cream, (lime) chili powder, ground cumin (smoked paprika), and garlic (salt) powder to a bowl. (or use optional ingredients in parentheses)
- Season with salt (garlic) and black pepper, to taste.
- Next stir to combine.
- Set aside.
LET’S ASSEMBLE SINGLE SERVE CUPS
- Start by adding roughly 2 Tablespoons of refried beans to the bottom of each cup.
- Then a dollop of guacamole.
- Next a dollop or 2 of seasoned sour cream.
- Top off each single-serve with a layer of chopped tomatoes
- Then add a generous tablespoon of finely shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Following that with some of the chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices.
- Garnish each cup with a festive chip, or gluten-free chips.
- If adding chips, serve immediately
- Do not add chips if you are refrigerating or they will get soft and disgusting.
- Add chips right before serving or skip adding chips.
- Enjoy~ Dana XO