Summer’s last hoorah calls for a drink that can capture the essence of sunscreen, BBQ, and fireworks while teasing fall’s cozy scents and tastes. Intrigued?
Let’s shake it up with a Labor Day Summer Fizz cocktail!
Can you believe we’re exiting summer and heading into fall? It feels like we just broke out the grill and flip-flops yesterday! Boo!
But hey, let’s go out with a bang and welcome autumn with a cocktail.
We’ve whipped up this special drink to celebrate the sizzling summer and cozy fall flavors.
So prepare yourself for a sip-by-sip relaxation journey through the seasons.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love The End-of-Summer Cocktail
- Seasonal Transition: Combines the juicy freshness of summer fruits with a cozy cinnamon twist.
- Quick and Easy: It only takes 5 minutes of prep time.
- Pack a Punch: Feel the kick after just a few sips—hello, long weekend vibes!
Kitchen Essentials Needed for End-of-Summer Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
- Jigger or Measuring Cup
- Highball Glasses
Ingredients For A Labor Day Summer Fizz Cocktail
- Grand Marnier
- Fresh peach
- Fresh mint leaves
- Simple syrup (we like this because it’s dissolved and easy)
- Club soda
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
How to Make Labor Day Summer Fizz Cocktail
Overview: For full instructions, head down to our handy recipe card! But here’s the skinny: We’re blending bourbon and Grand Marnier with fresh peach and mint, adding a dash of cinnamon and topping it off with club soda.
All are served in a chilled highball glass for your end-of-summer enjoyment!
Our Labor Day Summer Fizz Cocktail Saga
It wasn’t just a random “Eureka” moment when we stumbled upon this cocktail.
Picture this: we’re hanging out in our backyard with some friends, the grill’s hot, and everyone’s taking turns as the makeshift bartender, experimenting with different drink concoctions.
After various hit-or-miss attempts involving too many ingredients to count (and let’s not talk about Ari’s infamous “Mint Julep Disaster”), we decided to simplify.
A quick scan of the kitchen and a cinnamon stick caught our eye. “Why not?” we thought. A little muddling later, the Labor Day Summer Fizz was born!
A sip was all it took to know we had our winner. It was the unanimous hero of the evening, giving us all the nostalgic feeling of both summer and autumn evenings.
What to Serve with the End-of-Summer Cocktail
- Grilled chicken skewers
- Corn on the cob
- Watermelon salad
- Any junk food or fried food
- Nacho platters with Guac
Swap Out Options For The Labor Day Summer Fizz Cocktail
- Swap bourbon for rum if you prefer a tropical twist.
- Use a splash of orange juice for extra citrusy notes.
- Add a sprinkle of nutmeg for a more autumnal feel.
- Raspberries and blackberries taste great to eliminate the mint.
- Use tonic water, but then replace the peach with lemon.
- You can use bitters and orange slices instead of peaches and mint.
Tips for the Perfect Labor Day Summer Fizz
- Muddling: Don’t go too hard; you want to release the oils from the mint and peach, not shred them.
- Temperature: Make sure your highball glass is chilled for the best experience.
- Carbonation: Add the club soda just before serving to maintain its fizz.
- Shake It: Don’t just shake it once; shake that cocktail shaker like you mean it.
Can We Make The End-Of-Summer Cocktail by the Pitcher?
Absolutely; multiply the ingredients by the number of servings you need.
Combine all ingredients, except the club soda, once shaken and strained into a pitcher.
When ready to serve, pour the mixture into individual highball glasses over ice and top with club soda, and make sure to add a garnish of a peach slice and a mint sprig to finish the artisan handmade cocktail! (fancy you)
Now It’s Your Turn
There you have it—a cocktail that captures the bittersweet goodbye to summer and the warm welcome to fall. It’s simple, it’s elegant, and it packs just the right punch.
So, what are you waiting for?
Grab these ingredients and shake up your Labor Day Summer Fizz this weekend.
When you do, take a picture and tag us; we’d love to see your cocktail creations!
Ready to be the hero of your Labor Day gathering? Click here to download a printable version of the Labor Day Summer Fizz recipe and make this weekend unforgettable! ~ Dana XO
- 4 Oz bourbon (Hello America!!)
- 1 Oz Grand Marnier (for that citric kick)
- 1 fresh peach, sliced (the epitome of summer)
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves (to muddle and garnish)
- A pinch of cinnamon (fall's warm hug)
- 1 Oz simple syrup
- 4 Oz club soda (the fizz factor)
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Muddle Mint & Peach: Muddle the fresh mint leaves and peach slices in your cocktail shaker. You're aiming for a pulpy, aromatic mash-up that screams, "I am summer; hear me roar!"
- Add the Booze: Pour 4 oz of bourbon and 1 oz of Grand Marnier. Add a pinch of cinnamon and a splash of simple syrup. Ah, don't you smell fall sneaking in there?
- Shake It Up: Fill the shaker with ice, then give it a good, hearty shake. Seriously, put some muscle into it! You want to blend the ingredients like you're blending the seasons.
- Pour and Fizz: Strain the mixture into highball glasses filled with ice cubes. Top with 4 oz of club soda, and give it a light stir. This fizz is what makes this drink both festive and light.
- Garnish and Serve: Add a sprig of mint and a slice of lemon or even a cinnamon stick if you feel extra festive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
DanaVento.Com is not a dietician or nutritionist; any nutritional information shared is simply an estimate. Use a nutritional calculator if you need exact estimates of nutrition, and note that the brands you use in your recipe may differ slightly or significantly from those brands of items you use, creating a variance in nutritional content.