Shortcut Churros Hack ~ a crisp exterior, boasting flavorful cinnamon sugar, drizzled with a deep, rich, dark chocolate, leading to an interior layer that is soft, and equally flavorful, as though flavor-blasted with cinnamon, yet not overdone, and the shortcut are the timesaving not made from scratch dough, but a flavorful and easy hack!
I am about to share the easiest churros recipe so that you will know how to make easy churros, and there is no prep required for churro dough because the churro batter is already made and you will love the ease of this churros easy recipe that is created oven baked churros in minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Baked Churro Recipe
A simple famed Mexican dessert with a timesaving method to produce the cinnamon sugared stick treats faster and easier and without oil, just baked, sure to become a favorite recipe from your kitchen, and here is why!
- an easy to make recipe
- 4 ingredients
- baked not fried
- easy to find ingredients
- kid-friendly prep and taste
- perfect for Taco Tuesday, Cinco De Mayo, Dia De Los Muertos, and any other Fiesta or Party
Equipment Needed To Make Baked Churros
The shortcut for the dough ends up leaving you with less equipment needed to make these fabulous treats for whatever Mexican holiday, fiesta, party, you are creating them for.
- small mixing bowl
- fine mesh colander
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- pastry brush
Ingredients For Your Churros Hack
Because there is no dough prep you will find that you can rapidly produce trays of these by using a simple hack.
The stix turns out perfect every time and truly is a shortcut method of preparing the famed cinnamon-sugar treat but it won’t be fried in oil instead it will be backed.
First I am sharing my ingredients and then I will share the how-to make churros recipe step by step!
- cinnamon roll dough
- melted butter
How To Make Churros Step By Step Using My Churros Hack
This DIY recipe is the easiest way to prepare those famed churro-like sugared cinnamon treats.
Step 1: Prep For The Churros Recipe Baked
Step 2: Remove the Churro Dough From The Canister
This is the step that will either make or break your Mexican-inspired treat.
You’ll want to make sure that your dough has only been out for about 5 minutes because any more it will break, and be more difficult to work with.
When you open the can separate the presliced cinnamon rolls on your parchment-lined tray and leave all but one in the back part of your baking tray.
Move 1 piece towards the front this is the 1 piece of dough you will be working with.
Step 3: Optional Step For Your Baked Churro Sticks
If you want, you will see that I prepared the stix both thinner and thicker and this is just a personal decision.
For those of you that decide to make thinner sticks, I do suggest baking them on a separate tray if you are also making thicker sticks are baking times will be less for the thin and a bit more for the thicker, so just separately bake each batch.
Step 4: How To Twist the piece of cinnamon roll premade churro dough
During this step, you will firmly grasp one end or the other of the unrolled refrigerated churro dough and twist the other, then place it on the tray.
Repeat this step until all of the pieces of churro dough are twisted and trayed.
Step 5: Transfer the Twisted Churro Sticks to the Oven.
The baked churro sticks will bake for about 15 minutes, but do watch them as ovens vary and yours could be slower or faster than mine.
Step 6: Remove The Baked Churro Sticks from The Oven And Flavor Blast Them
Once your baked churros have completed the baking cycle and are a light golden brown, you will immediately remove them from the oven and then begin to work with each stick.
So How to make churros at home is super easy, as you are just going to coat each of these with butter, using a pastry brush, and then you will follow that with a generous sprinkling of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, which I used a sieve to do.
At this stage of the simple churro recipe, you can either eat them or allow them to cool for about 15 minutes to half an hour, and then we will add chocolate to them!
Step 7: Drizzle the Chocolate On The Churros Baked and Sugared and Cinnamon
Melt your dark chocolate in a microwave-safe dish following the package direction for the brand you purchased.
Then using the tines of a fork, drizzle the shortcut churros to cover with chocolate.
Allow the chocolate to cool and set before serving and that will only take about 15 minutes unless you really laid on the chocolate!
What To Serve With Your Baked Churros
The possibilities are endless and honestly, this is a stand-alone type of dessert as much as it is one that could serve with other desserts!
In our house, I often make my Churro Ice cream and serve this recipe.
Additionally, you can try out mint chocolate chip ice cream as that really tastes refreshing with this easy recipe.
How To Store My Churros Hack
You might think there is a lot to making and then saving these but I’ll be surprised if you have any of the churros left once you serve them, but in case you do here is the best way to store them!
The Best Way To Store Baked Churro Leftovers Is In An Airtight Container.
How Long Will The Churros Hack Recipe Last in the Fridge?
I do not recommend refrigerating these as the chocolate will sweat and they do not require refrigeration.
Can I Freeze Baked Churro Sticks?
You in fact can freeze these but I would suggest that you use zippered freezer-proof bags and do not freeze beyond 3 months.
Baked Churro FAQs
Can I Use Any Brand Of Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls To Make The Churros Hack?
Yes! You can use any brand that you choose or one that is most affordable without issue. DO note that you will not be using the icing that is enclosed and that you will be changing how you actually roll and use the rolls enclosed in the container, so make sure to read the post to learn how to make it easy churros without having to make churro dough!
Are The Churros In This Churros Hack Really Not Fried?
Yes! They are not fried, this recipe is super easy and requires no frying, instead, you will be baking your churro stix!
Do I have to add more sugar and cinnamon to the rolled dough strips?
No, And Yes.
No, if you don’t want truly cinnamon sugared tasting rich and savory churros.
Yes if you want these baked churro sticks to taste like a true churro.
Perhaps just dust them lighter if you don’t want a stronger cinnamon flavor.
Is there any filling in your shortcut Churros Hack recipe?
No. I do not have any filling in the churros.
However, I do drizzle dark chocolate onto each of the churro sticks which more than makes up for the stuffed churro filling that is not in them.
Other Mexican-Inspired Party Recipes You Will Love
Each of the recipes below is easy to make and perfect for any Mexican Fiesta or Party you might be having or going to.
- Peach Margaritas
- Pear Margaritas
- Pink Lemonade Margaritas
- Arroz Verde
- Fiesta Cake
- Fiesta Donuts
- Dutch Crumb Peach Pie
- Dutch Crumb Blueberry Peach Pie
- Peach Pastries with Dutch Crumb topping
Mexican Holidays To use any of the recipes
Make Sure To Come Back and Tell Me How Your Shortcut Churros Hack Turned Out
- 1 can cinnamon rolls refrigerated premade
- 1/4 c butter melted
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 oz dark chocolate for melting and drizzling
- You'll preheat your oven to 350°f and then line your baking tray(s) with parchment paper to create an easier cleanup after.
- Remove the Churro Dough From The Canister. You'll want to make sure that your dough has only been out for about 5 minutes because any more it will break, and be more difficult to work with. When you open the can separate the presliced cinnamon rolls on your parchment-lined tray and leave all but one in the back part of your baking tray.Move 1 piece towards the front this is the 1 piece of dough you will be working with.
- Decide if you want to cut the strip of cinnamon dough thinner and in ½ or if you will just use the strip of dough as is.
- If you want to split the cinnamon roll dough strip, do that and then twist it by holding one piece in your one hand at the end firmly while twisting with the other, then set it on the tray.
- If you chose not to split the cinnamon roll strip then you will grasp one end in your one hand and twist the other with the other hand. Then place that on the tray and repeat this untl all the cinnamon roll douh strips (churro dough) are twisted and trayed.
- Place your lined baking tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until it is golden brown
- While the churro sticks are baking prepare your cinnamon and sugar mixture by combining one into the other and mixing well. Also make sure to have a sieve out or you could use a plastic bag. Prepare your melted butter via what ever method you melt butter and set aside. Then make sure your pastry brush is ready to go as well.
- Once the churros are baked and golden brown, using a potholder remove them from oven and immediatley brush each with butter and follow with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Allow this to then cool for about 15 minutes
- When the churro sticks are cooled you will then melt your dark chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe container then stir with a fork and drizzle across all of the churros. Allow the chocoalte drizle to setup for about 15 minutes then you can serve.