Don’t just serve food with plain butter!
Whip up a batch of Chili Lime Herb Butter!
Inspiration comes in so many forms when it comes to recipe creation.
Loaded with color, fresh herbs, as well as lime!
But this recipe’s fresh flavors offer an assault of magnificent combinations that don’t stop at herbs!
Anyone who wants a pop of color on their table, no matter the occasion, definitely needs to make this sophisticated tasting recipe with simple ingredients!
You can jump to the recipe below, but, you will definitely miss some of the great tips:) ↓Jump to Recipe
Chili Lime Herb Butter. 1 Sophisticated & Simple Recipe
Honestly, chili lime herb butter is just plain good.
You will appreciate the flavor that you can savor when you top of popcorn, bagels, and hard crusty bread.
But, it’s the irresistible taste and pairing of the combined flavors of chili and lime that create an even more elevated experience when you begin using it in meat-type recipes.
The key to understanding how this butter elevates your prepared dishes is by making it one time and truly savoring the flavor.
Once you prepare the chili lime flavored butter, I’ll take bets you’ll make it more often than not!
Anytime you actually want the butter to enhance the taste of your food, chili-lime herb butter should be your go-to.
Don’t worry, this is so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you have not made it before.
Simple Ingredients with Sophisticated Tastes
As with all of the recipes that I share, simple ingredients are best.
So, it follows my normal protocol.
Big taste, easy-find ingredients!
Your investment of time in this process is minimal as well, which is the other side of the happy rainbow.
Tasty. Fast. Let’s go!
If you prefer to not taste chili and lime, then, you’ll want to try my Gorgonzola Butter!
The Details For Butter flavored with chili lime
You’ll be incorporating chopped-up fresh chives into softened butter.
That means you will buy chives, clean, and then chop.
Fresh lime zest, so do find a thick-skinned lime.
I also love using parsley but if you prefer you can add cilantro.
I don’t add cilantro because to me it tastes like soap!
And of course, you can add in other herbs that you like beyond these.
The ingredients all need to be cleaned and chopped.
Edible flowers and chili lime flavor will also be added to this mixture!
You will need to firm the final product up again, upon completion meaning a bit of time in the fridge, if you are using it for slicing and serving such as atop bread.
If you are cooking with it, again, let it set a day and really season, in the refrigerator.
The Inspiration For my chili lime herb butter with edible flowers!
My stomach literally could not take on any more food, yet… we ended up in a steakhouse and there a masterful chef provided butter that delicately displayed beautiful edible flowers atop and throughout the butter.
Naturally, my culinary girl self, came out of her butter wrapped and chatted to Chef.
Wow did we share concepts for flavored butter combinations?
And today, I share some with you!
What Will I Serve Chili Lime Herb Butter Atop?
The quicker I share what this chili lime herb butter pairs with, the faster you can make it right?
Let’s jump right in, so you can make this awesome herb-flavored butter!
Homemade Chili Lime Herb Butter is perfect for grilled corn, and other veggies.
However, its taste soars when it’s placed on seafood, like lobster and shrimp as well as meats such as pork and chicken.
Chili Lime Herb Butter Elevates your Eats!
When this butter is melted atop your veggies and meats, there’s a transition of fine dining defined.
Yet, you could consider chili lime herb butter a rich man’s staple at a poor man’s price!
What will you use your butter on?
I will share a great air fryer recipe for lobster with you shortly.
We use homemade chili lime herb butter atop
- baked potatoes,
- zucchini and that is the shortlist!
Need more inspiration on what to put this big flavor chili lime herb butter on?
Try the combined flavors of chili and lime atop:
- grilled pork tenderloin
- lamb chops
So, as you can tell, this is a very versatile butter.
Edible flowers and Chili Lime Flavor a Pop Of Color
If you have not worked with edible flowers before, don’t worry, they are all about the color more than the flavor.
In fact, I don’t think their flavor is the story, but their color brings on a new level of Awesome!
I always find my edible flowers in the produce section by the herbs.
Tips For Great Homemade butter.
Honest, you don’t need to don a chef’s cap to make this packed with flavor chili lime herb butter.
These tips will help you successfully make this butter and feel accomplished.
Chili lime butter is novice-level food prep, but you can mess it up if you don’t use these simple rules.
- Your butter needs to be at room temperature, not microwaved.
- Leave the butter on your counter for about 2 hours ahead and it will be perfect.
- The butter should be able to easily be maneuvered with a fork or spoon for mixing and incorporating.
A Few More Important Tips for Chili Lime Herb Butter
If you are making homemade butter, keep it fresh.
Don’t use butter sticks that you have had in your refrigerator for a while.
Your refrigerator might have produced a lingering odor that transitioned into the butter and that is nasty!
We’ve all had this happen, just don’t use that butter!
Next, you want to purchase your herbs fresh as well.
Avoid jarred herbs other than using them to top off and add color to the mixture.
A Few Things To Note About Making Chili Lime Herb Butter
Let me start with the fact that using salted butter is fine, I do!
However, please note, if you use salted butter you don’t need to incorporated dry ingredients with salt.
Perhaps you don’t want a WHOLE stick of butter?
Well, then go ahead and make this in half batches too!
Only make a 1/2 stick! Wahoo brilliant right?
Since the recipe is so easy to make, you can make it in half batches and use it on demand.
Store it for up to 4 days ahead of food preparation as long as it’s in an AIRTIGHT container or bag.
We don’t want any transitioning flavors, as we discussed above!
Please note that I also used edible flowers in my butter and you can too!
1 season that celebreates the combined flavors of chili and lime
Consider this perfect Cinco de Mayo butter too!
After all, a lot of Mexican food has a butter base and the combined flavors of chili and lime!
Plus, use this on grilled food at any BBQ summer party like Father’s Day or for Graduations.
It’s sure to become a staple in your refrigerator!
Kitchen Essentials You Might Need To Make This Butter
Being fully transparent, there are really no true tools of the trade here, but I will list a few you want to make sure you have to make this easier.
Kitchen essentials to make butter flavored with chili lime
- Small Glass Mixing Bowl (with taller sides)
- Strong Stainless Steel Fork.
- Rubber Scraper.
- Kitchen shears.
- Parchment Paper.
- Air Tight Small Container.
Also, when you read my recipe below, I’ll show you another way to seal up the butter, hot tip forthcoming!
Download the recipe for Chili Lime Herb Butter ↓ ↓
Chili Lime Butter
- 1/2 Stick of Butter Unsalted because salt is added in with the chili lime below at room temperature
- Edible Flowers about 2 Blooms of assorted colors. snapdragons and marigold
- Up To A tablespoon Chili Lime Powder Trader Joe’s (this is truly taste-driven)
- 2 Teaspoons Chives Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Flat Parsley Chopped
- 1 Basil Leaf cut up
- Parchment Paper
FOR THE EXTERIOR OF THE CHILI LIME BUTTER
- Prepare a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat (I prefer parchment for this).
- You will be preparing the paper for rolling the butter in after you’ve made it.
- So you don’t want the fresh ingredients to be longer than a 1/2 stick of butter (keep that in mind when you are placing your fresh herbs on the parchment.
- Place the 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley on the parchment.
- Then add a teaspoon of chives.
- Next, the ripped basil leaf.
- Follow that with a good zest of lime across all the scatter.
- Set this aside.
FOR THE CHILI LIME BUTTER
- In a mixing bowl, place softened butter.
- Next, add in a chopped marigold and a snapdragon (chopped).*
- Follow with a teaspoon of chopped chive. (reserve a teaspoon)
- Add in your Lime Chili Seasoning.
- Then a quick ‘once-over’ with a zest of lime, not much, just a one-time down the grater.
- Now add in one tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- Smash the butter with your fork.
- Incorporate all the ingredients, scrape down the sides of the bowl as well.
- Once you have mixed everything together it’s time to form your butter.
- Bring the parchment paper into your workspace.
- Remove the butter from the bowl.
- You will want to work with the butter to form a semi-log like it might be purchased in.
- Then, once formed, roll the butter into the fresh herb mixture making sure to coat it all.
- Now, it’s time to refrigerate and store your butter, until you are ready to use it.
- HOT TIP ** – See below.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to use this.
- Bring to room temperature before serving or using.
- Enjoy~ Dana XO