Chances are, with the weather changing from winter to spring and the chill is not as severe; you are spending more time outside with yard work and winter cleanup.
The funny thing about yard work is that often, it inspires the inner DIYer in you, and suddenly you are thinking about ways to create a backyard summer oasis.
The simple DIY ideas we share today will transition your space from liveable to usable and brag-worthy and help you create a private backyard paradise where you can retreat anytime.
Once you change your backyard space into a summer oasis, with some planning and effort, you’ll find that your newly transformed outdoor space is a relaxing retreat.
The easy DIY summer backyard essential additions upgrade the space into something you, your family, and your guests can enjoy all year!
With some planning and effort, you can transform your outdoor space into a relaxing retreat you and your family can enjoy all season long.
Table of Contents
Quick Additions To Transition A Backyard Space Into A Summer Oasis
Using any or all of these easy DIY add-ons to your backyard space makes it useable and liveable, adding personality and coziness to your private backyard paradise.
First things first, you will need to create a comfortable seating area.
- Add Adirondack chairs, a patio set, or even an outdoor sofa.
You’ll want to add some shady spots to escape the summer heat:
- A pergola, an umbrella, or even some strategically placed trees are easy additions to the area.
Remember, it’s the ambiance essentials that not only finish the space but give it personality and flair.
- hang string lights or cafe lights
- planting colorful flowers in planters along walkways
- don’t forget to add outdoor artwork
Next, you’ll want to add some water features to your backyard oasis.
- a small fountain is perfect for tranquility
- a birdbath welcomes nature to your yard
- a small koi pond is a great addition to add paradise and a tropical vibe
And speaking of water, let’s talk about water options your backyard paradise is begging for and how you can further turn that backyard space into a summer oasis that can also be used year-round!
3 Easy DIY Summer Essentials To Create A Backyard Summer Oasis
Now, let’s reveal the easy DIY summer essentials you will want to get to make that backyard space into a summer oasis!
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Television
- Fire Pit
#1 Install A Hot Tub To Create Backyard Summer Oasis, Year Round
There’s something special about soaking in a hot tub after a long day of yard work, which comes with home ownership.
A hot tub is a gracious amenity that allows you to relax, rejuvenate and repeat.
The best part is that the hot tub is in your yard, and you can plunge on anytime.
Better yet, when you are hosting parties with families and friends, it is an additional amenity that most love to hang out in and a great place to have a few cocktails.
Hot tubs are great for entertaining guests; only some people enjoy a hot tub. For most, you’ll likely have friends and family itching to be invited, with their swimsuits in hand, ready for an evening or day of hot tub action.
Fortunately, The DIY For Installing A Hot Tub Is Not Difficult
Of course, your part of the installation covers 1-5, but hire a pro for number six, creating an undeniably easy DIY for introducing a hot tub into your outdoor paradise in your backyard.
- Choose the spot in your backyard.
- Make sure that the area can accommodate the hot tub
- Ensure there is good drainage in the space
- Where is your hose located? You will need it to fill the tub
- Consider you will need electrical and plumbing (are they nearby?)
- But Don’t DIY the electrical or plumbing.
While you can prepare the space, and the surrounding areas, for this DIY and addition to turning your backyard space into a summer oasis, do use a plumber and electrician for installation to ensure everything meets the builder safety code.
Once installed, keep the maintenance to a dull roar, and get your hot tub cleaned, keeping it in tip-top shape for year-round use.
Remember, hot tubs are great for year-round use, especially when it’s much colder outside than normal.
#2 Add An Outdoor Television To Your Backyard Summer Oasis
We’ve dedicated an entire article to outdoor televisions that you will want to read.
But the short and sweet of why you’ll want to add an outdoor tv to your backyard summer oasis is as follows.
- Stream your favorite shows while you garden
- Outdoor TVs are fabulous for small gatherings
- your kids will spend more time outside in the fresh air
- you can watch movies under the moonlight
- you’ll spend more time outdoors
- Great to watch while you are grilling
- your newly renovated outdoor space is enjoyed more
- Keep up with sports while you are outdoors
- the tv is excellent when you are sitting around your fire pit!
DIY An Outdoor Television. Do The Following:
- Hire an electrician to install the weatherproof television
- make sure you have a large enough space to accommodate the television
- invest in a waterproof tv and a durable protective cover
- Do grab further weatherproof television information on my post dedicated to outdoor televisions!
#3 Add An Firepit Area To Your Private Backyard Paradise
Want to create a private backyard paradise further, and do you want to make it more enjoyable?
Well then, consider adding a firepit. Not only do they look great, but firepits serve a purpose and can be a lot of fun.
Here are four reasons to add a fire pit to your private backyard oasis.
Fire pits create a focal point.
One of the best things about firepits is that they create a focal point in your backyard.
Whether you entertain often or just like to enjoy your backyard by yourself, having a focal point helps to make the space more inviting and enjoyable.
A firepit can be the perfect place to gather with friends and family or relax with a good book so be sure to add a few chairs.
Another great reason to add a fire pit to your backyard is for the warmth they provide.
East Coaster can appreciate a firepit as it can extend the usability of your backyard living space through the Fall and Winter, plus a fire pit is a fabulous way to keep warm on cool summer nights.
And last but hardly least, adding a fire pit turns a backyard space into a summer oasis because it is a simple DIY and they are a relatively inexpensive improvement.
You can purchase a kit or buy a basin, chiminea, etc. so keep it simple.
Which Of The Ways To Create A Backyard Summer Oasis Will You Use?
Come back and let us know what you did to convert your yard into a fabulous paradise you can lounge in and enjoy; we can’t wait to hear!~ Dana XO
Leave a Reply