Summertime is arriving and before it comes in full throttle you will want some new fun backyard ideas for summer to enjoy your family and great time in the outdoors!
Your summer backyard is your oasis, and you’ll need a few backyard summer ideas to boost your fun outside into high gear!
There is honestly nothing more rewarding than summertime whether you are enjoying fun in the sun or time under the stars!
School is out, you’ll get to spend more time with your kids and the days are longer and brilliantly beautiful, and with just a little planning you will have plenty to keep everyone busy!
Why You Will LOVE This Simple List of Fun Ways To Enjoy Your Backyard This Summer
- get ready to use up those generously sized yards and get ready to enjoy summer in your backyard
- simple ideas that lead to memories
- you will find a tip or 2 to keep your yard in shape
- find ways to satisfy everyone without going overboard
- enjoy the healthy fresh air.
Before you head outdoors and test out the backyard summer ideas you’ll want to prep just a bit and I am about to share what you will need to do before you just enjoy life!
Remember to reap the benefits and rewards of a fun time, you definitely have to do a little prep work ahead, just like anything else in life but let’s keep this simple!
Things To Do Before You Enjoy Summer In Your Backyard
- Cut your lawn
- Edge the beds
- Add some hanging flower baskets or patio planter containers with flowers for pops of enjoyable summer color
- clean the lawnmower carburetor to maintain the longevity of your lawn equipment so it can keep on cutting throughout the summer
- Add a few comfortable chairs or a table with an umbrella
- DIY your own patio decorative thermometer so you’ll always know the temperature
- If you love birds add a birdbath and a bird feeder far enough away from your sitting space, but close enough to gaze at them and enjoy
- Grab a pocket hose instead of a regular hose, they are easier to move around and you’ll be more likely to clean up the patio area after using it if the hose is not heavy to move around!
- Consider adding a few pinwheels to your garden beds or borders
- Don’t forget a windchime for peaceful calming noises when the wind blows
What Are 5 Backyard Ideas For Summer I Can Use For My Family?
Don’t worry, these are easy, fun and your family will love at least 1 of them if not all
You can get inventive and add more great ways to enjoy your backyard this summer by considering what your family loves and building a themed night around it
(1) Enjoy Your Backyard This Summer With Backyard Camping
Turn your backyard oasis into a camping ground and go backyard camping.
Grab a few simple tents at the store and a few sleeping bags and haul the fam outside!
Naturally, you’ll want to plan ahead and consider that since it is warm, and the summer, bugs are in the air, so make sure to have some citronella which will keep the bugs at bay and you’ll be able to relax and enjoy your night outside and beneath the stars.
If your family loves this first experience camping then it is a new adventure you could consider for vacations and a perfect test run!
(2) Create A BBQ For Friends and Familly
Nothing celebrates summer like a great cookout!
(3) Make Outdoor Game Night Another Way TO Enjoy Summer In Your Backyard
There is just something about playing games that really brings a group of people together, whether they are your friends or family!
Keep it easy and you’ll have plenty of fun!
Buy backyard games that are supersized forms of simple board games, active games, or even big legos for building.
Need a little inspiration? Here are a few ideas:
- minigolf sets
- croquet sets
- obstacle courses
- potato sack races
- large tic tac toe
- Super-sized chess
(4) Pool time Is Perfect For Backyard Ideas for Summer
What you do not need to do is buy a huge inground pool, there are other ways to get some pool time!
Try any of these backyard pool ideas:
(5) Add A Magical Covering Over Your Backyard
Summer can be very warm, and the sun can be incredibly draining as much as it is beautiful.
To enjoy summer in your backyard, add a gazebo, and make it a little magical!
Under or In the Gazebo, you will have a covered area to hang out in this summer without the sun directly beating on you, your family, and your guests!
You’ll want to consider adding solar lights that hang to illuminate the exterior, and of course, you can always add one wall that is a movie screen so you can hang inside the gazebo and watch movies from your projector,
Remember To Come Back And Tell Me How You Used The Backyard Ideas For Summer
You’ve got a few great months ahead of you in which you can enjoy the warmth of the sun, biking, hiking, and bonfires!
Local hangouts will begin buzzing with all of your friends, and you’ll have a great time joining in.
But when you are ready to have time just with your family or close friends you’ll love using these backyard summer ideas to get away from the general public and spend time in your own backyard oasis.