DIY Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites: A Delightful Summer Treat
Enjoy the juicy sweetness of fresh peaches with our easy and delicious Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites recipe. A dessert anyone can make!
In the vibrant heart of peach season, there’s nothing more satisfying than crafting a delectable dessert from scratch. A dessert that highlights the juicy sweetness of fresh peaches – our puff pastry peach tart bites!
These mini tarts, studded with ripe peach slices and adorned with a delicious Dutch crumb topping, are a bite-sized sensation you’ll enjoy making, regardless of your culinary skill level.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Adore Our Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites
- The beauty of these puff pastry peach tart bites is their undeniable versatility.
- Whether planning a family gathering, a picnic, or a sweet treat for yourself, these tart bites are a delightful choice.
- They’re simple to create, easy to transport, and customizable with an array of optional ingredients.
- Moreover, the luscious combination of puff pastry, fresh peaches, and crumb topping makes them an irresistible dessert that will wow everyone.
- These are a great use of peaches during high peach season.
Essential Tools for Crafting Peach Tart Bites
Making puff pastry peach tart bites requires some basic kitchen utensils.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- a rolling pin
- a measuring cup or a set,
- A small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- bowl or plate with a rim
- cutting board
- parchment paper
- baking tray
Ingredients for Your Peach Tart Bites
- puff pastry
- Fresh peaches sliced
- tapioca flour
- sugar (I used Stevia)
- Egg + water (whisked)
- cinnamon (completely optional)
- brown sugar
- confectioner’s sugar
- Karo syrup (optional)
How to Make Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites
Creating these delightful tart bites involves a few easy steps.
Let’s break it down!
Preparing the Oven and the Filling
- First, get your oven preheated and your baking trays ready.
- Slice the fresh peaches and mix them with sugar, flour, and optional cinnamon.
- Let them sit while you prepare the puff pastry and the crumb topping.
Preparing the Crumb Topping and the Puff Pastry
- Prepare the crumb topping by combining butter, flour, and sugar.
- Once done, roll out the puff pastry, divide it into even pieces, and transfer each to the prepared baking tray.
- Brush each shell with an egg wash and arrange the peach slices on top.
Final Touches: Adding the Crumb, Topping, and Baking
Evenly distribute the crumb topping over each pastry, then bake until golden brown. Allow the tart bites to cool, prepare the icing, drizzle it over each tart, and voila – your puff pastry peach tart bites are ready!
Tips and Substitutions
Making your peach tart bites allows for customization.
- Always use butter for the best results
- Cinnamon is optional; if you don’t like it, don’t use it!
- Sugar can be Stevia, real sugar, or other substitutes.
Try Our Other Crumb-Topped Desserts
Pro Tip For Baking The Easy Peach Tart Recipe ↓↓
You’ll want a nice long cookie baking tray lined with parchment paper that allows homemade baked goods to turn out perfect every time because they heat evenly.
The #1 question I repeatedly asked: “How do your baked goods always turn out perfect?” The answer is simple, I use these, my favorite baking pans, for almost every cookie and pastry recipe because you can’t go wrong with them. If you want your own, click HERE or touch the photo below, and my discount to you of 25% off is AUTOMATICALLY applied to your shopping cart.
Grab a set of 360 Bakeware Stainless steel cookie sheets. You will love them for ALL of your holiday baking year-round! For me, it is simple; you invest in ONE good pan, and after buying another because you’ll find a very simple-looking pan that heats evenly and allows you to create incredible baked goods. You can’t go wrong with them!
Ripe, Juicy, and Ready for the Spotlight
Choosing the right peaches for this delightful dessert is just as crucial as following the recipe. You’ll want to look for firm fruit but with a slight give when gently pressed – a telltale sign of ripeness. The skin blemish free and without wrinkles, while the color should be vibrant, a blend of rosy red, sunny yellow, and warm orange tones.
Sniffing the peach is a little trick that works wonders; it should smell sweet and fragrant, just as you’d expect a peach to be. But don’t let the blush fool you; the color doesn’t indicate ripeness or sweetness – it’s more about the variety. Also, remember overly ripe peaches might be too juicy and can make the tart soggy.
Selecting the perfect peaches not only enhances the taste of your Pastry Peach Bites but also assures you the finest quality you’re offering to your loved ones. Happy peach hunting!
FAQs: Making Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites
Let us answer a few questions so you have more information!
Can I Store Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites?
Absolutely! These delightful Peach Tart Bites are perfect for storing. Once cooled, place them in an airtight container and pop them in the fridge. They’ll stay fresh and tasty for up to 3-5 days. If you want to store them longer, you can freeze them. Ensure they’re well-wrapped or in a sealed freezer bag to maintain their flavor and freshness. When you’re ready to enjoy one, defrost in the fridge and warm it slightly in the oven. Voilà, a treat at your fingertips!
Can I use frozen peaches for the Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites?
Of course, you can, but we prefer fresh! Using frozen peaches can often be a great time-saver, and they’re just as nutritious as fresh ones. Just thaw and drain them well before using them to avoid soggy tart bites. Your Peach bites will still carry that vibrant, sweet peach flavor that’s to die for. So, these tarts can bring a little summer to your plate, even outside of the peach season!
What other fruits can I use in the Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites recipe?
The grandeur of this recipe lies in its versatility. You can swap out peaches for almost any other fruit. Apples, pears, or even berries would make a great substitute. Trying different fruits adds variety to your table and opens up a world of flavors. Experiment with your favorite fruits or whatever is in season, and create your own signature Puff Pastry Tart Bites. Enjoy the journey!
Why This Peach Tart Recipe is a Must-Try
The marriage of fresh peaches, flaky puff pastry, and a delightful Dutch crumb, rounded off with sweet icing, makes these tart bites a must-try. There’s nothing like enjoying a homemade dessert crafted from fresh, seasonal fruit. We’d love to hear how you customized your puff pastry peach tart bites, so please drop us a line!
Remember, it’s not just about baking; it’s about the joy of creating something from scratch and the satisfaction of tasting your sweet creation. Happy baking!
Don’t Forget To Download Our Recipe Card
Peach Puff Pastry Tart
- 1 Roll of Puff Pastry Pastry Shell
- 3-4 medium peaches, rinsed, dried and sliced. Toss pit.
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener of choice (Stevia, sugar, sugar substitute)
- Tablespoon of organic tapioca flour (or cornstarch or flour)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Egg + 1 Tablespoon of water
- SIMPLE ICING (1/2 C Yield)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Milk/or water
- 1/4 Tsp of Vanilla (not more)
- Teaspoon of Karo Syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Prep your cookie tray with a piece of parchment paper
- Coat-sliced peaches in a bowl with sugar, and flour and set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, unroll the puff pastry, and roll it with the rolling pin, maintaining a rectangular shape, just increasing the size by thinning a bit.
- Transfer onto your parchment-covered cookie tray.
- Crimp the edges all the way around about 1/4" high.
- Fill with the peach slices first
- Crack the egg and add the water to it; whisk to combine.
- Next, brush each shell with the egg wash.
- Now, brush the entire exterior wall of the peach puff pastry tart with the egg wash.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until the inside is bubbling and the puff pastry shell is golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Allow the easy peach puff pastry tart to cool for about 1 hour
- While the blackberry pastry is cooling, prep the icing.
- Use the icing ingredients above, confectionary sugar, milk or water, and vanilla.
- Mix with a fork to a thicker yet spreadable consistency. If it is caking and won't leave the tines of the fork, add a few drops of water/milk at a time until it is thick enough to drizzle by the fork or spoon, yet thick enough that it won't completely runoff
- Drizzle across the pastry.
- Allow icing to dry (almost happens immediately) and enjoy. ~ Dana XO
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
DanaVento.Com is not a dietician or nutritionist; any nutritional information shared is simply an estimate. Use a nutritional calculator if you need exact estimates of nutrition, and note that the brands you use in your recipe may differ slightly or significantly from those brands of items you use, creating a variance in nutritional content.
Leave a Reply