Open wide and get ready to enjoy puff pastry peach tart bites to celebrate the full-on peach season, with delectable juicy and ripe sweet sliced fresh peaches, that sit atop a bite-size version of puff pastry that is generously topped with a fabulous Dutch crumb topping complementing the farm-fresh peaches and that is the ‘light’ overview of a peach tart with puff pastry.
Why You’ll Love The Peach Tart With Puff Pastry Combination
- fresh and succulently juicy peaches are fabulous to enjoy in this dessert
- you can and should make this ahead of time
- the peach tart puff pastry is easy to transport
- create the peach tart puff pastry recipe fast
- there are many different optional items to add to the puff pastry and peaches recipe
Equipment Needed To Make Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites
First I’ll share the bare-bones kitchen essentials you’ll need for this particular peach tart puff pastry recipe, then, I’ll share the go-to bakeware that I use EVERY time I bake!
- a rolling pin which you will be using to roll out the puff pastry dough and then you will be creating single-serve pieces
- a measuring cup or a set, so you can use them in all of our other baking, and this set, is an amazing value!
- a small bowl that you will use for the sliced peaches and later reuse for your crumb topping.
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- bowl or plate with a rim
- cutting board
- parchment paper will be used to line your baking tray to make cleanup easier
My Favorite Baking Trays And They Are Perfect For The Peach Tart Puff Pastry
The #1 question I am asked over and over is, “how do your baked goods always turn out perfect?”
The answer is simple, I use these, my favorite baking pans, which I use for almost every cookie and pastry recipe because you just can’t go wrong with them.
For me it is simple, you invest in ONE good pan, and after buying another because you’ll find a very simple-looking pan that heats evenly and allows you to create incredible baked goods. You simply can’t go wrong with them!
Ingredients For Your Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites
Remember I am a simpleton when it comes to ingredients so you won’t find many here, but allow me to share my list with you which covers the crumb topping as well as the icing and the fresh peach bites on puff pastry.
- puff pastry
- Fresh peaches sliced
- tapioca flour
- sugar (I used Stevia)
- Egg + water (whisked)
- cinnamon (completely optional)
- brown sugar
- confectioner’s sugar
- karo syrup (optional)
How TO Make Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites
Now let’s take a look at how to make the crumb-topped peach bites on puff pastry.
Step 1: Prep Your Oven To Bake The Puff Pastry
Step 2: Make The Filling With The Fresh Peaches
First, wash and slice your peaches.
Next, you’ll place the peaches in a bowl or on a plate and use the sugar, flour, and cinnamon mixture to coat, then combine and allow them to sit while you prepare the puff pastry dough and the crumb topping.
Step 3: Prepare your crumb topping for your individual servings of peach tart and puff pastry
Start by making the crumb topping, mixing the butter and flour, and sugar together.
Once it is the right consistency you will set it aside.
Step 4: Puff Pastry Preparation For Peach Tarts
On a lightly floured work surface unroll the puff pastry, roll it with the rolling pin, and then evenly score it into either 9 even pieces or 12.
Transfer each piece onto your parchment-covered cookie tray.
Crack the egg and add the water to it whisk to combine.
Next, brush each shell with the egg wash.
Now, upon each square/bite, place peach slices 3-4 whatever fits side to side or diagonally.
Step 5: Create Crumb Topped Peach Bites on Puff Pastry Here’s How
Divide the dutch crumb topping among the 9 or 12 individually prepared (depending on what you cut your squares into) and then top each of the pastries with the topping.
Place in preheated oven and bake until the bites (pastry shell) are golden brown about 18 minutes up to 20.
Remove. Allow the easy puff pastry peach tart bites to cool for about 30 minutes
While the dutch crumb peach pastry bites are cooling, prep the icing.
Use the icing ingredients above, and mix with a fork to a thicker, yet spreadable consistency.
If it is caking and won’t leave the tines of the fork, add a few drops of water/milk, at a time until it is thick enough to drizzle by the fork or spoon, yet thick enough that it won’t completely runoff
Drizzle across each pastry.
Allow icing to set and enjoy. ~ Dana XO
Popular Substitutions and Additions
When you make dutch crumb peach pastry bites you will definitely want to heed these few tips.
- Always use butter
- Make sure butter is at least smooshy, meaning room temperature, melted is not best but will work.
- Add less, you can always add more.
- Cinnamon is optional and if you don’t like it, don’t use it!
- Sugar can be stevia, real sugar, or other substitutes.
Why I Really Enjoy The Peach Tart With Puff Pastry Dessert
The icing is the topper on top of the amazing dutch crumb.
In my opinion, the peach tart puff pastry is not finished unless it is topped with the icing at it brings everything together and while the peaches may be sweet and sassy on their own, well, then consider treating your mouth to a foodgasm!
You’ll Love The Recipes For Other Crumb-Topped Desserts
Make Sure To Come Back and Tell Me How Your Puff Pastry Peach Tart Bites Turned Out
Of course, I want to know how this recipe fits into your life.
Did you add nuts? Or perhaps use regular sugar instead of Stevia?
What kind of thickener did you use?
- 1 Roll of Puff Pastry Pastry Shell
- 3-4 medium peaches, rinsed, dried and sliced. Toss pit.
- 1/2 C Freshly Rinsed and Dried Blackberries
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener of choice (Stevia, sugar, sugar substitute)
- Tablespoon of organic tapioca flour (or cornstarch or flour)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Egg + 1 Tablespoon of water
- Simple Icing (about 1/2 c)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Milk/or water
- 1/4 Tsp of Vanilla (not more)
- Teaspoon of Karo Syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Prep your cookie tray with a piece of parchment paper
- Coat-sliced peaches and blackberries in a bowl with sugar, and flour and set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface unroll the puff pastry, roll it with the rolling pin, maintaining a rectangular shape just increasing the size by thinning a bit.
- Transfer onto your parchment-covered cookie tray.
- Crimp the edges all the way around about 1/4" high.
- Fill with the peach slices first
- Follow with the Blackberries atop
- Crack the egg and add the water to it whisk to combine.
- Next, brush each shell with the egg wash.
- Now, brush the entire exterior wall of the blackberry peach puff pastry tart with the egg wash.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until the inside is bubbling and the puff pastry shell is golden brown about 20-30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow the easy blackberry peach puff pastry tart to cool for about 1 hour
- While the peach blackberry pastry is cooling, prep the icing.
- Use the icing ingredients above, confectionary sugar, milk or water, and vanilla.
- Mix with a fork to a thicker, yet spreadable consistency. If it is caking and won't leave the tines of the fork, add a few drops of water/milk, at a time until it is thick enough to drizzle by the fork or spoon, yet thick enough that it won't completely runoff
- Drizzle across the pastry.
- Allow icing to dry (almost happens immediately) and enjoy. ~ Dana XO