Pumpkin barfing blood red salsa is a gory and disgustingly easy Halloween DIY, where red salsa and blue chips, make a platter of pumpkin salsa vomit spatter using a freshly carved pumpkin! Hurltastic fun in a recipe, ROLF!
When all of the ghosts, goblins, and witches see the pumpkin puking salsa and chips on your appetizer table they will all hang around to see the gross but edible display!
I can promise you of all things I thought I would say in my life, saying “my carved pumpkin can hurl salsa and chips” is not one thing I would ever say but I do and I am sharing that with you today so you too can make a hurling, puking, barfing, throw up its own guts, kinda pumpkin puking salsa snack tray!
Making Halloween pumpkins that throw up is a super fun twist on just carving a pumpkin and setting it on the table, so using it to become part of the snack table food by making it a pumpkin vomiting blood red salsa onto a tray of chips is simply warped Halloween humor that will strike the bones right out of a skeleton (see what I did there? ha Ha !)
If The Puking Salsa Pumpkin Could Talk This Is What It Would Say
“Get Ready Cause When I Open Wide…Baby, I Got Blood Red Puke Inside and It’s Coming Out!”
Now, let’s take a look at the basics of a pumpkin puke Halloween snack so you can carve one up and make that pumpkin hurl a fun appetizer!
Why You and Your Friends and Family Will Love The Pumpkin Puking Salsa and Chips Appetizer
- a puking pumpkin for Halloween is kid-friendly and adult creative
- making Halloween pumpkins throwing up is easy and requires NO cooking
- you can easily transport your pumpkin that pukes salsa and chips tray to any party (let the pumpkin puke once you arrive!)
- place the pumpkin vomiting red blood salsa on a rimmed cookie tray, a large dish, or on the countertop with a rimmed plate for the salsa
- puking pumpkin salsa is easy to find in any store (hint: just look for red salsa)
- you can and should prepare the pumpkin vomiting blood red salsa ahead of time
Pumpkin Puking Salsa and Chips Appetizer Kitchen Essentials and Ingredients
- carving knife
- counter space or table workspace
- small to medium-sized pumpkin
- large serving platter
Now Here’s How To Make a Pumpkin Barfing Blood Red Salsa And Chips Appetizer
1. Using a knife, carve a pumpkin face into the pumpkin taking care to put the mouth on the lower portion of the pumpkin face area as you will be making the pumpkin 'puke' from this and it has to look realistic. 2. Then you will place the pumpkin onto the large platter but you will need to make sure that the pupmkin sits on the edge of the platter or on pedestal slightly elevated from the tray in order that you can successfuly create the illusion that the Halloween pumpkin is barfing its brains out in the color of blood red salsa! 3. Pour the salsa out on the large platter making it line up with the cut out pumpkin mouth so that it looks like the salsa is literally vomiting from the pumpkin's mouth area. 4. Place the tortilla chips around the pumpkin and bring the chips as close as possible to the base of the pumpkin for the most realistic, gory and disgusting vomiting salsa pumpkin!
If You Don’t Want A Pumpkin Barfing Blood Red Salsa Here Are Other Pumpkin Vomiting Ideas
Have you seen other pumpkins hurl an appetizer it’s an absolutely disgusting fun thing that happens around the USA!
- make your pumpkin vomit pumpkin seeds
- or you could have your pumpkin throw up guacamole (Ewwww)
- or a pumpkin that throws up its own insides
It’s a great idea to carve a pumpkin and then let it regurgitate its squishy, squashy insides as props because it makes cleanup easier you don’t have to toss it, the pumpkin tosses its own oats (haha!)
While this is not an edible option it is still showing you that a pumpkin can hurl and it’s all in spooky, ghoulish fun that these puking pumpkins make an appearance just once a year!