Captures the essence of autumn in a glass with a sparkling sweet and spicy spiked apple cider drink sharing the biggest brilliant flavors of the purest form of apple juice in the raw…apple cider, which shares the spotlight with a spicy rum, and a soft bubbling wine (prosecco or champagne) and when combined, they become a trifecta of Fall defined in an easy to make cocktail.
Kick back, light the fire pit, free the girls from the over-the-shoulder boulder holder (bra), with your hair in a ponytail wearing your favorite hoodie, snug up under a blanket, enjoy a simple charcuterie board, and place the world on hold, while you wrap your hand around a sparkling apple cider rum cocktail filled glass this apple cider and prosecco drink will define your new Fall cocktail!
Sip, relax and repeat!
Why You’ll Love The Sparkling Apple Cider Rum Cocktail
The sparkling and spicy apple cider spiked cocktail is reminiscent of a baked spiced apple ring without the need to peel an apple, chew or cook, instead it is simply, pour, stir, sip!
You’ve found an uncomplicated 5-ingredient, 3-step spiked apple cider recipe that sparkles and is perfect for September through December where Fall meets winter with a sweet and spicy sparkling apple cider and rum cocktail!
- the spiced sparkling apple cider cocktail can be transported to any place you are visiting and made on demand
- apple cider is easy to find
- gives you a reason to buy the apple cider at your local farmers market you’ve been craving but have not purchased
- the sparkling and spiked rum apple cider is refreshing and relaxing and a great alternative to sweet spicy mulled wine
- all the ingredients for the rum-spiked apple cider are easy to find
- the spiced sparkling cider rum cocktail can be made as a mocktail if you prefer no alcohol
- you can prepare the spiced sparkling apple cider cocktail mixture in advance and just top it off with the prosecco
- preparing the apple cider base in advance with the cinnamon will allow the flavors to impart and create a more advanced complexity in taste, without any fancy footwork to get that flavor!
- the apple cider sparkling rum cocktail is as easy as, measuring, pouring, and drinking!
- make the sweet and spicy spiked mocktail apple cider drink as an alternative to the alcohol content in the drink
- you can also use the apple cider spiked cocktail for brunches, bridal showers, family gatherings, and Thanksgiving
- gives you an excuse to borrow the apple cider you bought for the kids but the chance to spike it for an adult drink
What Bar Equipment Do You Need To Make The Sparkling Apple Cider Rum Cocktail?
Bare essentials are needed to make this drink and if you don’t have the glasses, you can go to the dollar store of some sort and buy some or use plastic cups, it does not matter!
As with all my recipes from food to drinks, I keep things simple and you can also just pour and drink if you don’t have a shot glass or a measuring cup!
- knife – to cut the apple slices for decor or you can cut the apple into chunks and let it slip to the bottom to eat later
- glass – you can use any 6oz glass or larger to create the mixed drink with apple cider
- jigger/measuring cup/shot glass – whatever you have
Ingredients For Your Sweet and Spicy Spiked Apple Cider Drink
- Spiced Rum – you can use any brand you prefer but make sure you buy spiced
- Fresh Farm Market Apple Cider – or you can buy it in a grocery store just make sure to chill the cider
- Prosecco – this puts the fizz, the bubble, the sparkle into the sparkling spiced rum cider cocktail
- Apple Slice – used as the fruit garnish for this spicy apple prosecco cocktail and it the apple aroma every time you sip
- Cinnamon Stick – a fabulous garnish to the rum-spiked apple cider which also provides the depth of taste as it sits in the drink
To make the sweet and spicy spiked apple cider drink a mocktail instead, I’ve listed the ingredients in the recipe card below so that you have both versions and can serve all of your guests or yourself whichever version you prefer of the spicy apple cider and prosecco drink (or not prosecco if it’s mocktail!)
How To Make The Sweet and Spicy Spiked Apple Cider Drink
The rum-spiked apple cider comes together fast, and you of course can double, triple, quadruple, etc. the recipe and place it in a pitcher if you are having a party of a couple of friends over!
Step 1: Gather the Apple Cider And Prosecco Drink Ingredients
You’ll want to have everything you need to make the apple spiced rum cocktail set aside!
Gather your glasses, rum, chilled apple cider, and cinnamon sticks, as well as the apple (uncut and unpeeled) for the apple cider and prosecco drink you are going to prepare.
Step 2: Make the Spiced Rum Cider and Sparkling Prosecco Cocktail
First at the spiced rum to the glass, and then add the chilled apple cider.
Top off the spicy rum and cider mix with Prosecco.
Step 3: Garnish The Spiked Cider and Rum Prosecco Cocktail
You’ll finish the spiked cider and rum prosecco cocktail by garnishing it with the apple that you slice on demand (and you may want to brush that apple slice with a touch of lemon so it does not brown).
Finally, place your cinnamon stick in the drink.
Make Sure To Come Back And Tell Me How Your Sweet and Spicy Spiked Apple Cider Drink Turned Out
Here’s the Sparkling apple cider rum cocktail recipe to print out and enjoy. ~ Dana XO Cheers!
- 2oz Spiced Rum
- 2oz Apple Cider
- 2oz Prosecco
- 1 Apple - rinsed, and dried
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- MOCKTAIL VERSION >> Alcohol Free Sweet and Spicey Spiked Apple Cider Drink Ingredients ↓↓
- 2 oz Ritual Zero Proof Rum
- 2 oz Apple Cider
- 2 oz Sparkling ice Crisp Apple Sparkling Water
- 1 Apple
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Gather the Apple Cider And Prosecco Drink Ingredients and barware: glasses, rum, chilled apple cider, and cinnamon sticks, as well as the apple (uncut and unpeeled)
- Add the spiced rum to the glass and then add the chilled apple cider
- Top off the spicy rum and cider mix with Prosecco.
- You'll finish the spiked cider and rum prosecco cocktail by garnishing it with the apple that you slice on demand (and you may want to brush that apple slice with a touch of lemon so it does not brown).
- Finally, place your cinnamon stick in the drink.
If you prefer the mocktail version of the sweet and spicy spiked apple cider drink use the ingredients listed under the mocktail list and substitute each for the rum, cider, and prosecco. You'll have created a less sugar, zero alcohol drink.
Llisted here are the links to the mocktail supplies (affiliate links)
Mocktail Zero Proof Rum