You are headed to Playa Del Carmen and packing your luggage! Don’t overpack because there is a terrific Playa Del Carmen laundry service you can use to get your clothes cleaned while you play the day away on the beach or at the pool!
The weather is indeed hot, sticky, humid, and sometimes rainy; welcome to the jungle (really) in PDC! You will want fresh clothes if you have been walking around for exercise or swimming a lot. The lavandería we used just changed owners and is an established business that is already booming, and if they keep doing laundry the way they did ours, this laundry service in Playa Del Carmen will be the “go-to” of the area!
Now like anything we share on our travel adventures, if we haven’t used it, we wouldn’t share, but we used the laundromat in Playa Del Carmen, and our laundry was amazingly soft and clean!
Table of Contents
Why Use This Laundromat In Playa Del Carmen?
It is reliable, reasonable, and under new ownership!
I’m a Google, Yelp, and Trip Advisor kind of girl, and I read reviews. After reading many reviews, it became apparent that some of the lavanderías in the area were not that great.
What We Discovered By Reading Reviews About Laundry Service IN Playa Del Carmen
- A reliable Lavandería is hard to find
- Many laundromats in PDC have bad reputations for stealing laundry that has been dropped off.
- Playa Del Carmen’s laundry services change prices after you drop off your laundry.
- Not all of the laundromats offer same-day service.
- Not all laundry services offer delivery.
- Some laundromats were not open on certain days or had no established hours
- Some of the laundry service places in PDC don’t have a “rush” option
- And some of the laundry places were not even on Google, Yelp, etc., so no thanks!
- A few of the laundry service options in PDC steal clothing and stain clothing (per the reviews)
What you may gather from my quick overview is that it is easy to find places, but the places may not be easy to work with, and we are about the three E’s of travel:
- effortless to find
- efficient to work with
- easy to communicate with and get laundry done
What (Lavandería ) Laundry Service In Playa Del Carmen To Use
Our Airbnb was up on Av. Consituyentes 7, Gonzalo Guerrero, and it took us only 6 minutes to walk to the laundry service.
- ❓ Who: The old name of the laundry service we used before it changed was Lavandería Don Jabon laundry.
- ❓ Who Now: Lavanderia EL playense
- 📌 Where: 77720, Calle 24 Nte 6, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77720 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
- 📱 Phone: 984-144-8214
- 🤔 What: Laundry service for your clothing
How Much Was Our Laundry Service
It cost us USD 12 (229 Pesos) for 2 huge bags of laundry weighing 14 pounds (6.8 kg) of laundry!
If you want to use a credit card, you can, but you will be charged 2% more to pay the fees for credit card processing.
How Does The Laundry Get Returned To You
- Lavanderia EL Playense has a local drop-off service if it is within 5 minutes (so they told us)
- You can pick your laundry up from them before they close Monday – Friday 8A – 8P (lines a Sabado)
- You will receive your laundry in large, clear plastic bags (which is perfect for recycling and using for garbage
- Your laundry will all be folded and pressed perfectly.
The BONUS At The Lavanderia EL Playense is that the smell of the fresh laundry is fricking amazing and with hints of lavender (we think). Plus, the laundry is so soft; it was outstanding and softer than the towels we initially brought to them.
Did We Have Any Issues With The Laundry Service?
We wrote down how many socks, underwear, undergarments, bathing suits, and items we provided to them, so we had notes so that I could write my travel article and share this with you.
Unfortunately, 1 of my black no-show socks was not returned as a set, but it’s not a big deal. We were very happy with our laundry and will use it again when we return to Playa Del Carmen.
Were The Owners Nice At The New Playa Del Carmen Laundry Mat?
The first man we worked with in the morning was very nice to us because he was already stacked with so much laundry that they hardly could take on more work, but he made it work for us, and it was ready when promised, right at 4P.
I loved this little dog it was so friendly and the owners were so kind to let me hold her!
The lady working there was very nice and we think she is married to the man we met in the morning. Both are super friendly and have French accents (we think that was the accent).
Another man was working there, and he came in with this tiny dog and let me hold her. He was terrific, and I believe he is one of the owners as well!
Tips To Use This Lavandería
We discussed returning with more laundry later in the week with the man at the counter, and he told us this:
- come early,
- Give them a whole day to do the laundry
- We get very busy, and laundry is fickle “we can be very busy one day and not so busy the next.”
- order express if you must have it right away, but again, come early.
- There is a 4kg Minimum
Make it your first stop in the morning and get there when they open. We did and our laundry was ready and waiting on time!
After watching another Vlogger discuss Playa Del Carmen, we overpacked, based on her analysis which was totally out of balance. Less is more!
Next time we travel to PDC, we are packing light, bringing much less clothing and going to the Lavandería EL playense because we don’t need that much when we are there!
Playa Del Carmen Laundry Service
Now you have a few decisions to make.
Will you do your own laundry or have your laundry done?
Will you read a bunch of reviews of follow our lead?
Don’t waste time walking street to street, when we can truly validate that the service was amazing and inexpensive.
Drop off your laundry and head to the beach to enjoy the day, no need to bother with it, and the cost is more than fair, in our opinion.
The less you pack, the less you haul, and you won’t end up paying outrageious airline fees for overweight bags.
Plus, Playa Del Carmen is totally casual, unless you are clubbing and even then it’s not much more than a dress which is easy to pakc.
Enjoy your time in PDC and enjoy not having to do your own laundry, it’s vacation time! ~ Dana XO
Dana Vento is an accomplished travel writer who has written award-winning articles for Niagara Falls, USA, and Cabarrus, NC, and won IG photography for Southern Delaware beaches. Her best stories are on the pages of her passport. Dana offers tips for travel to help you have the best adventures!