White chocolate peanut butter bark is a sweet and salty feast where the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate take center stage in their signature creation which includes hard-shelled candies and pretzels.
Creating a peanut butter white chocolate bark allows for a joyful jumble of 2 simple gourmet mixtures without having to have any baking or cooking skills to achieve!
This easy candy recipe with peanut butter, white chocolate bark, and chocolate bark are just plain good.
The true winning formula of this fabulous homemade bark recipe with white chocolate, chocolate, and peanut butter is that the ingredients run and swirled together amplifying each other’s flavor.
Your efforts will reward you with a gourmet mixture of chocolate bark that looks like you spent a long time making it, but in fact, it only takes 5 minutes
Why You’ll Love Sweet And Salty White and Chocolate Bark
Our recipe celebrating the love of sweet and salty combined truly takes Center Stage by bringing together just a few ingredients and keeping it simple to prepare here is what you love best about peanut butter white chocolate bark.
- white chocolate peanut butter uses easy-to-find ingredients
- you can and should make the sweet and salty white chocolate bark ahead of time
- you can easily take transport this sweet to treat to parties
- peanut butter white chocolate bark makes great gifts
Remember if you are making this recipe it has nuts in it so any utensil, or piece of cookware you use as well as the counters and dish towels will be cross-contaminated!
Equipment Needed To Make Peanut Butter White Chocolate Bark
There are no real special tools of the trade needed to create this delicious holiday bark.
- large rimmed baking pan
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls x 2
- mixing spoons x 3
- mini bowls for candy and salt pieces
Ingredients For Your Peanut Butter White Chocolate Bark
- white melting chips
- chocolate melting chips (or almond bark)
- pretzel pieces
- candy pieces
- peanut butter
How To Make A White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark
While I am providing how we prepare the white chocolate, and chocolate peanut butter bark, you may have a different method to prepare and get the same results and that is absolutely fine.
We are simply sharing our version, of this recipe, and how we have prepared it Time After Time.
Step 1: Prepping Your Workspace + Kitchen Tools
First prep a rimmed baking pan (it can be unrimmed too).
Line the pan with either a silicone mat (which you all know I am obsessed with) or parchment paper.
Step 2: Prep Your Bark Bowls With White Chocolate And Chocolate
Next, in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate.
Follow YOUR package of chocolate instructions to melt it.
Once melted, stir like crazy to make sure it is super smooth, we don’t want any chunks.
Step 3: Once You’ve Melted The Dark Chocolate Spread It
Using a spatula make sure to get ALL that precious chocolate out of the bowl and add the pretzels to it and if you want optionally add in some candy-coated pieces as well.
Step 4: Melt The White Chocolate + The Peanut Butter Prep
This is the step that makes the best white chocolate peanut butter bark you will experience.
You’ll do not microwave the peanut butter unless you want a runny and oily-based bark that won’t set up, combining is key, and adding in just the right amount of peanut butter is the difference maker.
You can experiment with differing amounts, always err on the side of less being more, and then add more in gradually so that you don’t make an oily bark that won’t set up!
Next, in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate.
Follow YOUR package of chocolate instructions to melt it.
Once melted, stir like crazy to make sure it is super smooth, we don’t want any chunks to this warm and smooth mixture, add in the peanut butter and stir until smooth again, we do not want any clusters or chunks of peanut butter.
Now you should have created what appears to be a milky washed-out white color.
Step 5: Add the White Chocolate Peanut Butter To The Baking Tray
Next, using the spatula scrape the bowl and push it onto the silicone mat or parchment paper (whichever you have used).
Configure it into the best rectangle shape you using the spatula
Once shaped to your liking, start placing the candy pieces and the pretzels making sure they do not overlap on top of each other.
Do make sure that you push the candy and pretzels but don’t bury the pieces.
Step 6: Cooling + Breaking The Sweet And Salty Chocolate Bark
Once finished, allow it to either be refrigerated for 1/2 an hour to set or set on the counter for up to 3 hours to dry.
After that, break it into pieces and serve or store it. Enjoy! ~ Dana XO
Popular Subsitutions In Peanut Butter White Chocolate Bark
- you add peanut pieces
- try chopped candy bars like a Snickers or a PayDay bar
- mini pretzel bites if you can find them
- miniature chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips atop the chocolate portion for pops of color and true hues of a season
How To Store The Peanut Butter White Chocolate Bark
When you gift the bark, share a note inside for proper storage. Here’s what you need to know.
- Your sweet and salty bark should be stored in an airtight container
- Store the chocolate bark in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days
- Refrigerate the bark for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container
- Storing bark in the freezer will work if you take precautions to guard against condensation for up to 3 months
Best Ideas For Gifting White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark
- when you prep the bark make sure to swirl the white chocolate into the dark chocolate and use that divider swirl line to get the best-looking pieces to gift.
- you could swirl all of the bark to make a very good-looking divide white chocolate, and chocolate peanut butter bark
- gift using air-tight containers and mark it on the outside (nuts used in preparation) what you are sharing in case of unknown allergies for people in the household you are gifting. (not everyone openly discusses their allergies)
- use fun gift bags to wrap up your airtight containers
- Share with all the people in your life, adding a little sweet goes a long way!
Grab The White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark Recipe here
- 8 Oz Chocolate Bark
- 8 Oz White Chocolate Bark
- 1/4 C Peanut Butter
- 1/4 C Hard Candy Pieces
- 1/4 C Pretzels
- First prep a rimmed baking pan (it can be unrimmed too).
- Line the pan with either a silicone mat (which you all know I am obsessed with) or parchment paper.
- Either way will be nonstick.
- Prep 2 microwave-safe bowls one with white chocolate bark pieces and the other with chocolate almond bark pieces.
- Next, you will follow the instructions to melt your chocolate.
- Once melted, stir like crazy to make sure it is super smooth, we don't want any chunks.
- Using a rubber scraper, scrape the sides of the bowl and then pour onto 1/2 of the paper lengthwise
- Again use the rubber scraper, for lines in your dark chocolate, pulling it towards you or away from you
- Next, atop the dark chocolate almond bark, add your hard candy pieces and pretzels or both.
- Now let's prepare the white chocolate bark with peanut butter.
- Microwave the white chocolate according to the package directions.
- Once removed from the microwave, stir to ensure that it is smooth as possible without any lumps, and while it is still warm, add in the peanut butter stirring and combing.
- If you have combined this properly you will have a milky washed-out white color which is the peanut butter melted into the white almond bark melted mixture.
- Next, using the spatula scrape the bowl and push it onto the silicone mat or parchment paper (whichever you have used)
- Configure it into the best rectangle shape you using the spatula
- Once shaped to your liking, swirl as much or as little as you prefer down the center where the chocolate meets the white chocolate.
- Once you have swirled if you choose to, it's time to add the candy pieces.
- Start placing the candy pieces and the pretzels making sure they do not overlap on top of each other.
- Do make sure that you push the candy and pretzels
- Don't bury the pieces, but do make certain they are tapped in using an end of a utensil works or use your clean, washed hands.
- Once finished, allow it to either be refrigerated for 1/2 an hour to set or set on the counter for up to 3 hours to dry.
- After that, break it into pieces and serve or store it.
- Enjoy! ~ Dana XO
Nutrition Information:Yield: 28 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 29Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
based on 2" pieces divided into 29 total pieces in an 8x12" - nutrition information may be inaccurate