As a travel writer who is committed to exercising daily, the last thing I want to do is worry about how I can possibly squeeze a workout in while traveling, does that sound familiar?
It doesn’t matter why you are traveling for business or pleasure what matters is you can workout while traveling to keep fit and staying fit while traveling will help you alleviate stress and work off those extra vacation calories!
We’ve all been there, where all you want is to make time to squeeze in your workout routine while traveling and today’s post will share unique and creative tips for working out while traveling and some of the ways are built-in to your vacay!
Whehter you are sightseeing, exploring, and all of the other activities that come with travel, who has time for the gym?
You’ll be able to workout while traveling to keep fit, without a doubt as we have you covered in this post!
Use These 10 Creative Ideas For Staying Fit While Traveling
Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or just hitting the road for the first time, these tips will help keep you active and healthy during your trip.
You can max out your travel, using the resources you have within your grasp, and here we go, so you can get the most out of your trip from work to touring!
Hotel’s Fitness Center
The thing we love about most hotels now, is that they have incredible workout centers so make use of your hotel’s fitness center.
If your hotel has a gym, take advantage of it! Even if you only have time for a quick workout, you’ll be glad you did.
- You’ll get to try different workout machines
- You’ll be able to decide if you like the equipment and maybe it was an item on your “Maybe I want it” list so you can decide on your trial using it at the hotel!
- Workout equipment is sterilized at hotels so you will have a fresh area to workout in
- Working out while traveling in the hotel’s fitness room will surprise you with how few people are there unlike a gym
- They’ll often offer towels and beverages as well!
Optimize the Mornings
Wake up sleepyhead and get moving, there’s a whole world waiting!
Go for a run or walk in the morning.
One of our most favorite recent hotel stays in Florida was impressive with it’s walking area!
Getting some exercise in first thing in the morning is a great way to start your day and explore your surroundings.
Also, you’ll be more likely to stick to your workout routine if you do it first thing in the day before other activities start to fill up your schedule.
Take the Stairs
Take the stairs instead of the elevator not only is it easy but it ups those step amounts that we work towards each day, so ditch the elevator!
- use the steps instead of the elevator
- increase your daily step volume
- works out your but and upper thighs
- perfect lo impact cardio workout
- you’ll know where the stairs are in case of an emergency!
Do bodyweight exercises in your room.
No gym, no problem.
There are plenty of bodyweight exercises you can do right in your hotel room and I’ve found an incredible site to get everything from workout supplements to FREE preworkouts, so run to check out the Steel Supplements website and you’ll find workout routines that don’t require any equipment (yahoo!)
Swimming Is A Perfect Choice For Staying Fit While Traveling
Go for a swim this is one of our favorite activities, even though some of the pools in hotels have not opened, so be sure to check with your hotel first before booking if this is the activity of choice for staying fit while traveling!
- traveling in a hot climate is another reason to enjoy a dip and cool off!
- don’t forget to enjoy the hot tub after extensive workouts and swimming
- if you are hiking while traveling, swimming will be a nice bonus to round out the day and a soak in the hotel pool hot tub as well, so you can rest your joints to rest and relax
Yoga is portable y’all and a great way activity to use for staying fit while traveling!
- Yoga is a great way to stretch out your muscles
- Yoga is perfect to relax your mind
- There are plenty of yoga poses that you can do right in your hotel room
Bike Riding While You Travel To Stay Fit + Explore
We have used bikes on so many of our trips and it is so much fun to explore the area, that you forget you are actually getting your exercise in while traveling!
So, get a bike, rent it, and go exploring on 2 wheels, pedal to see the area!
- Take a bike ride
- Explore your surroundings
- Pedaling around the area is a great workout and it’s also a fun way to see new places
When we travel we love to seek out the hiking trails to experience the great outdoors and get away from all the hustle and bustle.
- hiking helps you quickly achieve your daily step allowance and often exceed those totals (LOL)
- hiking is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise at the same time
- hiking often provides some of the most impressive views you would not otherwise experience
Staying Fit While Traveling By Playing Tennis Or Pickleball
Pickleball and tennis are amazing and a fun way to burn off calories and move your body!
- Play a game of tennis or pickleball
- Tennis is a great cardio workout and it’s also a lot of fun
- Bonus for tennis and pickleball is a great way to include the group you are traveling with by challenging them to a match!
Dance Is A Great Workout While Traveling To Keep Fit
For anyone that travels frequently and loves to dance, seek out those clubs that offer nightlife and socialization and you’ve scored a fabulous way for staying fit while traveling!
Dance the night away.
Dancing is a great way to burn some calories and have a lot of fun at the same time. So put on your dancing shoes and let loose!
Staying Fit While Traveling Is Easy
Traveling can be a lot of fun, but it’s also important to make sure you stay healthy and fit.
By following these 10 tips, you’ll be able to do just that.
So get out there and start exploring the world – and don’t forget to squeeze in a workout while you’re at it! ~ Dana XO