Kind gestures are often expressed through personalized baking and this Valentine’s Day Strawberry love cake sends an extraordinary message of “I heart you!” You’ll experience delicious flavors of chocolate and strawberries throughout each bite!
For the most romantic day of the year, Valentine’s day, you’ll want to snag this simple yet sensational-tasting recipe!
The cake with fresh strawberries and chocolate cocoa is easy to make, tastes delicious, and uses up some of those fresh berries you might not otherwise eat!
Honestly, this cake can be made year-round and will become one of your favorite easy cakes and the ingredients are super easy to find!
Simple + Divine: Valentine’s Day Strawberry Love Cake
This simple strawberry yogurt cake will tantalize their tastebuds and share your love.
However, the best part about his cake is the simplistic ingredients and minimal time investment.
The reality is you will need about one hour to bake and about 10 minutes to create this fabulous Valentine’s Day Strawberry Love Cake.
In your world, this simply translates to a mere physically active prep time of mixing the ingredients in just 10 minutes!
Your Valentine’s Day Strawberry Love Cake will be super moist and offer only ‘finer’ crumbs.
Table of Contents
Valentine’s Day Love Cake + What Else?
You could give this lovely cake, but if you want a few suggestions of what to add to this Valentine’s Day strawberry love cake, try any of these:
- Present this on a pedestal cake dish (it just might get you a few more cakes in the future, LOL)
- cover it up (loosely) with a few Valentine’s Day tea towels
- A confectioner sugar wand
- a set of hearted mugs
- Valentine’s day paper plates
- Ceramic plates, Valentine’s dessert plates (these are my favorite!)
- a bottle of red wine
- a Starbucks gift card or a few cups of Starbucks coffee
- tea packets
- Add a bouquet of flowers,
- a card
Any of those ideas make it an even sweeter gift.
A simple cake for Valentine’s Day from start to finish.
As with my recipes, I’ve kept the ingredients simple and the baking instructions easy.
I want to stress that this cake is straightforward to make.
Honestly, this is a simple cake for Valentine’s Day with no hard-to-find ingredients, nor will it break the bank to make.
Don’t fret; it will turn out; mine always do, and I’ve made it many times beyond Valentine’s Day because strawberries are heavenly!
Grab your mixing bowls; it’s time to make Valentine’s Day Strawberry Love Cake for your sweetheart!
What You Will Need To Make a Valentine’s Day Love Cake
So let’s dig right in so you can start baking!
Making a cake means you will need a few simple kitchen essentials to get the job done.
You will need a 9″ release pan to make this recipe.
Also, you will want to use parchment paper on the removable flat form.
Parchment will make cleanup so much easier and ensure that NOTHING will stick.
Don’t forget to use a pastry brush and wipe the sides with a nonstick spray of some sort so that the interior tray will slide right on up and out!
My favorite pasty brushes are these; they are so easy to pop into the dishwasher.
For Best Results, Don’t Use This 1 Ingredient In Your Valentine’s Day Love Cake
To yield the best possible results, please DO NOT USE Frozen strawberries.
Frozen strawberries will be too watery and ruin what a fantastic cake is.
The liquid from a frozen strawberry will take your cake from fabulous to less than great.
Please note that fresh strawberries should all be washed and then patted dry.
You will be removing the hull to slice and chunk the berries.
Fresh berries don’t contain the liquid that a frozen berry will produce, which is why you will use a fresh berry.
Great news too! During February (East coasters, listen up!) we tend to find great deals on Strawberries, much like the deals we find on them during the Merry Berry Month Of May!
In other words, these won’t cost you a bundle!
No Exceptions; use fresh.
Your Valentine’s Day Love Cake Ingredient Overview
The Valentine’s Day Strawberry love cake contains easy-to-find ingredients.
I’d be sure you already have some of these ingredients in your pantry!
You’ll want to use two large eggs, which need to be at room temperature for best results.
To achieve this quickly, allow tap water to run very hot (the kind that stings your fingers and makes you swear when it does, lol).
Then, place two large eggs in the water for 10 minutes and they will be ready to be cracked and used.
You will also be using regular white sugar and plain Greek Yogurt.
Additionally, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and no, that is not a typo!
Your other typical ingredients include:
- sifted flour
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
- baking powder
- a very thick-skinned lemon
- strawberries (as we discussed)
- confectioner’s sugar
- hot cocoa
How to Plate Your Valentine’s Strawberry Love Cake
Showcase your masterfully baked Valentine’s Strawberry Love Cake on a pedestal with a dome.
If you are gifting this, as I suggested above, a cake pedestal would also be suggested.
Don’t forget to drizzle any pieces you serve with an additional dusting of powdered sugar.
You can also add a drizzle of chocolate syrup or mini chocolate chips!
Any leftovers must be refrigerated, making the pedestal with a dome a great idea as it’s simple to toss in the refrigerator.
You may add a hearted paper doily below for a true Valentine’s Day love cake look.
Pro Tip About Yogurt + Strawberry Cake For Valentine’s
It does not matter what brand of yogurt you use for this cake.
That said, it does matter that you use ONLY Greek Yogurt.
Greek Yogurt is not runny or thin, whereas basic yogurt is.
There is more protein in Greek Yogurt, which results in a very moist cake without crumbs!
Confectioner’s Sugar For The Win
I want you to know that I have made this recipe many times and tried many different toppings to finish the cake’s presentation.
This cake is not a cake that accepts sugar icing.
Also, it’s not a cake for writing on.
You will find that the moisture atop strawberries is best suited for a COOLED cake before topping.
Then, the confectioner’s sugar was sifted.
Whether or not you choose to add a heart is up to you.
Finally, you could also serve it without the confectioners’ sugar, as it is beautiful.
Optional Kitchen Items For Your Valentine’s Day Love Cake Presentation
- Hearted Doilies
- Sifter You’ll Use More Than Once with Stencils
- Pedestal With Dome For Presentation and Refrigeration
- 9″ Spring Release Pan
- Heart Cookie Cutter Set, with Different Sizes of Stainless Steel
- Parchment Paper
- Fairly-Priced SS Mixing Bowl Set
- Scrape down Spatulas
- Ultimate Zester Set
Other Sweet Recipes To Try
- Sea Salt Caramel Amaretti | 2 Bold Flavors 1 Italian Cookie
- Italian Cherry Almond Amaretti Cookies (Cherry Amaretti Cookies)
- 1 Of The Best Italian Lemon Drop Cookies You Can Make!
- Delicious and Simple Cream Horns with Chocolate Filling
- #1 Easy Chocolate Cannoli Filling Without Ricotta
- Cherry Cheesecake Crescent Roll Hack | 1 Easy Fast Dessert
And make sure to come back and tell us how your fresh strawberry with chocolate cocoa topping turned out!
RECIPE for Valentine’s Strawberry Love Cake
Valentine’s Day Strawberry Love Cake
- 6 Pitted Amarena Cherries and about 1 Tablespoon of its syrup optional ingredient
- 16 Ounces of Strawberries about 8 sliced, and cube the remaining and set aside. Strawberries should be Hulled, rinsed, and dry
- 1 Cup of Sugar Of which 2 teaspoons need to be separated from the rest
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C Olive Oil
- 3/4 C Greek Yogurt PLAIN
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 C All Purpose Flour sifted
- 2 Teaspoon Almond Extract optional but Mmm
- 1-2 TBSP A Thick-skinned rinsed lemon for testing. About 1 -2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 C Confectioner's Sugar (optional for topping )
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Cocoa (optional)
- First, preheat the oven to 350° F
- Next, prep your spring pan
- Next, grease the sides of the springform pan.
- Sugar the base of the springform pan lightly with about 2 teaspoons or less of sugar, just to lightly coat.
- Now, use the 8 sliced berries (maybe a few more depending on the sizes of berries you have) and arrange the berries on the bottom of the pan.
- Cut up the cherries (if using) and drizzle with some cherry syrup.
- Set this aside.
- BATTER FOR CAKE
- Unlike most recipes, we will be incorporating MOST ingredients before mixing or combining it is not a typo.
- Add to your mixing bowl: eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt,
- Mix, to combine.
- Add in the Vamilla Extract
- Add in Almond Extract,
- Then Baking Powder.
- Next Sifted Flour.
- Mix, it will get thick but you must mix to ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Scrape down the bowl
- Add in lemon zest.
- Mix quickly to incorporate but not extra mixing.
- Now fold in the remaining strawberries that you cubed.
- Transfer to your prepared baking pan.
- When you ‘plop’ the dough in, try NOT to move the berries and cherries on the bottom.
- The best way to do this is to divide the batter into four and then cover all four areas of the pan.
- Then lightly drag your spatula across ‘GENTLY’ the top.
- Don’t pull too hard and the bottom of the batter will not MOVE.
- Transfer cake into the oven.
- Bake for one hour at 350°F.
- Do check with a toothpick to ensure that the batter is fully baked, if the toothpick comes out clean you are golden!
- Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes.
- Then, remove it from the spring pan.
- If your cake is still warm, allow it to cool on a rack before sliding it onto a serving dish (next step) *Notes below
- Next, Invert onto a pedestal tray or serving dish.
- Allow the cake to cool for another 30 minutes to an hour. (if you sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar before the cake is full, the sugar will melt into the cake!
- Then top with confectioner’s sugar.
- If you are putting a heart of hearts atop, you use a cookie cutter or stencil.
- I filled mine with Hot Cocoa and dusted the exterior with Confectioner’s Sugar.
- Refrigerate any leftovers as yogurt is your base ingredient and it will not be counter-safe storage.