I am, and always will be a huge fan of Warren County, Ohio. No matter how many times we have been there, no trip has ever been the same. Do you want to know why? There is always something new to do and uncover. Over 2 and 1/2 days we discovered 25 adventures for families inside Warren County Ohio. Now I am going to share them!
Each visit, we discover a new family-friendly hotel, visit old friends that have incredible new foods on their menus and travel to adventures of new heights. Ohio’s largest playground welcomes us with open arms and we embrace this!
Our twist on this trip: experiencing a lot of fun within a 30-mile radius with Where Niko Travels BFF instead of his siblings. Watching 2 teens discover fun things to do, and challenge themselves with new experiences was a fantastic way to confirm that Warren County Ohio has a great family and teen fun!
Seeing is believing, so I captured some of our and their best times behind the camera, so I can share them with you!
25 Adventures and Experiences For Families inside Warren County Ohio
We never ventured more than 30 miles around the county and yet every single activity was different! Reaffirming there is more to do in Warren County Ohio in a 30 miles radius than anywhere else in Ohio!
Also note that no matter where we ate or drank, it was allergen friendly. Both boys have food allergies, and therefore eateries had to be sourced ahead of time to make sure they could accommodate. Therefore, make sure to call ahead and inquire and always tell the GM once you are in these restaurants to make sure your allergy can be managed while there!
I Travel Because…
I travel because I love to and because there is no better way to spend time with my kids than on our trips! We try different activities and challenge each other! After the day is done, we get to chat about our favorite experiences.
No matter where I travel, I always have Travel Insurance. We choose Allianz Travel so that no matter what our travels throw at us we are ready. Whether we need to cancel a flight, get help with roadside assistance and cars, seek out a hospital, or make a claim that someone stole work equipment, we are covered!
Allianz Travel insurance is a global provider and help is there 24/7. The addition of the free TravelSmart app makes it easy to access whatever I might need! Make sure to check into this insurance no matter where you are traveling!
So, I travel because I love spending time with my family and I always have Allianz Travel Insurance when things don’t go quite right!
Lazer Kraze – To Ourselves! (1)
This was the most amazing experience I have shared with my kids. Yes, places have provided me entrance alone before, so I could work, but that has not happened when I have my kids or their friends with us!
Extreme fun, and something that ANYONE can do. If you want Lazer Kraze to yourselves, just rent it out! Yep, you are a VIP too! That is all you gotta do!
Our first stop, upon arrival to Warren County Ohio, was to Lazer Kraze. Now we had an incredible situation presented to us, we were the only ones in Lazer Kraze and I learned that some families, parties, and large groups do this too!
I believe that is the best way to experience it, with your very defined group, renting it out, to have ALL to yourselves! Rent it, to experience it. Imagine the fun. Well, instead of imagining, let me show you!
Virtual Reality Is Really Fun (2)
We played Halogate VR as a team of 3. Our mission was first to defeat aliens and during a second game, we worked as a team to kill the zombies. Neither teen saw it coming, but I, yes the Adult in the group, came in 2nd the first time during the Alien challenge and First when we whipped some zombies to smithereens!
In the end, you find out that you got beat by an adult! and get beat by an adult. Gotta be honest, this was my first time ever playing VR and I can’t wait to do it again!
Lazer Tag (3)
So, this game is more of a challenge for me, yet my teens had it under control the whole time. While I thought I was secure in my hiding spots, I really was not. The boys laughed every time they got me tagged and I heard about those moments throughout the rest of the trip!
I tried, but it was not my game! We were up and down ramps, in bases, and all over the laser tag arena, I just could not defeat! My partner Andy was really good and fired from above, but I kept costing us the game!
Reality kicked in when the brimming smiles of the teens shone! So, I can tell you to play laser tag as a team, and with your BFF and against your mom! Then let them enjoy ‘that time that they totally defeated you and your team!’
Arcade Unlimited (4)
Repeat arcade games over and over because your card is unlimited! Better yet, discovering that your favorite game is actually an old-time favorite and everybody can agree it’s the best, skeeball.
Be a defender of a galaxy for Star Wars or ride the motorcycles together to win. Whatever you choose to do, you will have fun, because you can get the card with unlimited usage! What a great idea!
Trampoline BBall (5)
Practice your Trampoline basketball game and learn how to double score while trampolining to the basket! Next, on the main trampoline, learn to use the side of the trampoline as a springboard!
Last, try over and over until you figure out how to make a twisted 360 dunk, into the basketball hoop.
Broadway Barrel House (6)
One of the newest and most hip restaurants in the historic Lebanon, Ohio area, it is not to be missed! From the banana trees to the brand new open deck, with lots of seating to the food, we are now fans of this restaurant!
Whether you love wings, seafood, salads, great starters or beer, definitely a stop you should not miss! I sat down and spoke with one of the managers, Sue.
Challenge your best friend to a wing eating contest to see who’s mouth goes on fire 1st period then after you realize how hot the wings really are start Downing multiple glasses of milk because your lips and throat are on fire
Realize Your mom has the gift of gab and makes new friends everywhere she goes. So instead of hanging out by her, you seek out fun things to do like checkers. ~ Niko
What I learned from Sue is that the board the boys were playing checkers on, was actually constructed by the owners and fashioned from an old keg, and beer caps. Nothing more elite than playing on a hand-crafted board without interruption right?
Drury Inn and Suites – 7,8,9,10, 11, 12
7. When we entered the hotel, we realized how different this stay was going to be. The distinct smell of popcorn was wafting through the entire reception area, and all we had to do was follow it to get our own!
8. We left the hotel and came back and later discovered bags of treats in our room so everyone enjoyed a midnight snack.
9. Fuel up on a delicious breakfast where you get to make your own waffle. From pouring to cooking, you discover you are a pro waffle maker and it did not take your mom or dad to help you!
10. Experience the 5:30 Kickback® we did! Trust me it is a fabulous value for families and business travelers alike!
Return famished after zipping all afternoon and discover a dinner buffet open and waiting for you, compliments of your stay! Teen perfect. Refuel from a busy day when you snag a couple hotdogs from your hotels all included dinner!
Enjoy a glass of wine or up to 3 after attempting to hero heights, even if you did not meet your goal! Reward yourself, I did! Alcoholic beverages included with your nightly stay and a punch card provided. 3 adult beverages and after our playdates I needed them, lol!
11. Pass out cold when you get back to your hotel because your bed, pillows, and room are so comfortable & because the day kicked your butt! Or hang out later than you should because your mom passed out from trampoline time and was exhausted.
12. Store leftover pizza from an incredible local pizza place in your fridge to eat upon return from an adventure one day! Yep, the rooms have fridges! Keep reading to learn where to find the best in pizza!
Coasters and More Coasters (13 & 14)
13. Spend a few hours at Kings Island conquering as many coasters as you can. We did. Want to know what else? Since we were not going to be there for long, we did not have the Fast Lane passes yet we rode every coaster but one in under 3 hours during a sweltering summer day!
14. Next, we got to drive and bump into other cars without needing a drivers license. Fun, but we think that ride is too short. We barely got buckled in and started driving, then it stopped. Seriously it may be the shortest ride in the park!
However, our claim to fame will still be driving without drivers licenses and getting to ‘bump’ without hearing, ‘accidents raise auto insurance!’
Take a train ride and remember to take it all in and that you are never too old to enjoy a simple ride
15. Park your car and then catch a ride on the craziest small bus ever with a slanted step. You will be delivered to the premiere canopy zip area. Next, realize this zipping is different from any of the other zip experiences you have been to! That’s impressive since we’ve traveled the world and are still uncovering new zipping experiences!
Get suited up for zipping, and prepare to weigh about 20 pounds more once you are suited up! Then get ready because, outside the dressing area, a whole tree zone of zipping is about to happen with a lot of unexpected things.
16. Take on the first challenge of walking on uphill on a ‘swinging’ (maybe not really, rather a suspended platform bridge) and conquering that first BIG step from the BRIDGE to the TREE platform. Then look forward to seeing there are 2 more of these until you get to the Zip spot! (that was it for me)
The teens however thrived in this environment, AFTER me and another lady stopped going with them because we totally held the group up! Once at the top of the first platform, the boys and whoever else was in their group had to just take off and they did as I watched from the ground! (fear of heights is something else!)
In the end, they zipped a total of 7 lines, and the last apparently proved the most challenging as I could hear the entire group letting out yelps upon taking off!
Dine at the trendiest pizza joint in Mason Ohio! (17 & 18)
We headed out to the coolest pizza joint in Mason, Ohio. All of us were starved and exhausted from the heat of the day. After all, we were in Warren County, during the heat advisory days and outside almost all day, each day!
17. Now it was time to reward ourselves with a pizza feast and appetizers too! Because we are familiar with the menu, we ordered without hesitation, the Bootleggers Cheesy Bread. It should be a staple ordered before any meal here!
So, we all scoffed down the Bootleggers cheesy bread which no doubt contributed to everyone bringing back some of their pizza to the room. Also, we invited an order of Garlic Parmesan Fries to the table, which totally rocks the garlic and taste! Mmmm!
18. Next, the boys drank so much milk that I asked the server if she just wanted to provide a cow to the table. Which of course made the boys blush and cringe all at the same time, while our server got a great laugh out of it!
Last, because we ate like Kings and Queens and ordered appetizers, we ended up boxing some of our individual pizzas. Since the boys drank their way through the meal as well, their bellies were all filled up and tanked!
Get Iced! (19)
I have no recollection of any trip that we have ever taken, where we did NOT stop at a Walmart for some reason or another. It is almost kind of a trip tradition, so we carried on with this and stopped at the Walmart in Mason, Ohio.
19. We have this incredible Pelican Cooler we take with us everywhere we go! Since we knew the weather was to be hot and steamy during this trip, we filled our cooler up with water, some drink pouches, Gatorades and juice on ice!
Before we left Pittsburgh, we got ice, and now on day 2, after the car had been out in the sun, at about 100° F each day, nonstop, we needed to refill it a bit! Walmart is where we went for an ice fill!
This only leads to more of an adventure as the cooler needed to be emptied and there were lots of people around, while the boys, giggled, splashed and did their teen thing! After we filled the Pelican Cooler up at this stop, we never filled it again!
Yep, true story, which means that over 4 more days, in full heat advisory conditions, the ice did not budge! We love this cooler and as a tip, I would tell anyone traveling in the summer to make sure to have an iced down cooler with you filled with beverages to keep hydrated!
Strange Weather Can’t Stop Our GREAT Fun (20 & 21 )
20. With the incredibly wicked days filled with heat, we expected and got rain! We were very flexible and refused to let a forecast stop our fun! Onward to the Great Wolf Lodge. Rain without thunder or lightning did not stop the fun at the indoor waterpark.
We were decked out with a Cabana, which we ALL loved The teens played for the first part of the day pretty much nonstop especially in Chinook Cove.
21. My favorite thing about this Cabana was that it had a safe. Since we were not staying here, we had our ‘stuff’ with us. We locked it up and played the day away!
In between the play, the boys rode all the rides and even played in the Fort Mackenzie much to the dismay of some parents. It was all about the water and getting wet!
As they started to tire, and the need to feed set in, they came back to what I will call basecamp, the Cabana. Our Cabana had seating for 4 inside the cabana and a table for 4 outside of the cabana. So they ate around the table and then kicked back watching TV inside the cabana.
After a while, the skies cleared and the boys actually just sat in their chairs in the cabana, I headed outside to enjoy Raccoon Lagoon with plenty of seating in the sunshine! What a great day at Great Wolf Lodge!
Wings & Fried Croissants (22, 23, 24)
Literally just out of the parking lot from both! If you miss this stop, your stomach will not be happy. Go for a beer while the kids eat, or try their great apps! It’s perfect for every age!
22. Did I mention it has over 43 large screen televisions which are perfect for your sports-crazed teens! Additionally, since both boys have food allergies, we have to be careful where we eat. No problem at Buffalo Wings and Rings as they take allergen-friendly dining very seriously. Just tell your server and then eat well!
Order Up The Apps (23)
Order a few appetizers with your dinner because what good are vacation meals without a few extra goodies? Whether you love mozzarella sticks, Southwest Cheesy Bread or Pretzel bites, they have it all.
Remember this, the servings are large and meant to be shared. Also, since it is a sports bar, many come just for the apps, so plan this around what you are ordering or you might not be able to eat it all! (True story!)
Grilled wings are a great option if you want to really let the taste shine through! Order as many or as few as you want! Of course, you can always go for the plain side of things and order what I will refer to as monster chunks of boneless chicken!
When the day is hot, and your stomach is hungry, sometimes a nice salad is an answer! The Blackened Salmon Salad is a great option! Tons of crunch and really delicious seafood topping it off!
End It (24)Since vacation days are fantastic, end them on a high note with the Buffalo Wings and Rings Chocolate Croissant. Just saying, if you miss this, your vacation is not complete!
Go for the chicken, stay for the dessert!
No, It Can’t Be Over (25)
All good things must come to an end, and this part of our Ohio Experience is ending. We grabbed breakfast from the Drury Inn and Suites in Northeast Mason and then took off to our next destination.
This time packing up was far easier, as the boys are teens and able to pack themselves up! That did not stop them from having a little bit of fun with the luggage cart, after all, it is a vacation!
And then its time to move on to discover and uncover Cincinnati… stay tuned! ~ Dana XO
I’d like to thank Warren County Ohio, Ozone Zipline, Broadway Barrel House, Buffalo Wings and Rings, Great Wolf Lodge, Drury Inn and Suites, and Twin Cities Pizza for hosting us and providing so much fun!
Dana Vento is a Brand Ambassador for Allianz Travel. Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!