Planning a girls’ trip is great fun and there are so many options to consider for travel, and of course, you have so many friends to share time with!
You’ll definitely want to create a girlfriend group getaway at least once a year as it is really the best way to keep in touch with all the ladies in your life!
Why You’ll Love Planning a Girl Squad Getaway
- You’ve surrounded yourself with a group sure to make you laugh, snort, cry and hug!
- You get time just for yourself, to remember who you are when you are not busy with your family, job, or personal life.
- Girls traveling in squads are better for safety.
- Themed trips are fun when you travel with friends, especially with girlfriend trip tees.
- Girls’ trips are the perfect time to rent those large vacation homes loaded with amenities.
- There are endless trip ideas for girls.
- Girlfriend squad travel can be a weekend or weeks. There are no limitations.
- Your girlfriends are sure to enjoy great food, activities, and adventures, all celebrating friendship!
- The burden of travel planning, from food to adventure, is spread among your friends.
- There’s at least one planner in your girl travel squad who reminds you that you need trip protection, and it has never failed you!
Between us, we’ve created some jam-packed itineraries that have always worked out well!
It is so important that everyone in the girlfriend squad contributes.
That way, everyone is acknowledged and will have at least one portion of the trip they know they will love.
Beyond our itinerary, we also recognize the fact that life happens, and we have to roll with it, both as individuals and as a group.
Planning ahead includes purchasing travel insurance so that we protect the money we spent four our trip, reduce the risk of less-than-ideal travel situations, and can cover medical issues that can creep up while we are all together.
So much has changed in the world of travel, but you still can, and should, travel. It’s good for your mind, soul, and relationship!
As a girlfriend to many close friends, a wife, a mom, a travel writer, and a travel junkie, I’ll give you my best insight not only on girls’ trips but also on what you’ll need to make a girlfriend getaway seamless even when there are bumps along the way!
Girlfriend Group Travel Ideas You’ll Want to Experience
When you are planning a girlfriend getaway, you’ll want to consider a few of these girl trip-worthy travel options!
Great Tips for Planning a Girl Squad Getaway
As you can imagine, as a travel writer and a girl who travels with friends more often than not, I’ve learned a lot about travel insurance and reasons to purchase trip protection.
The golden rule of travel, no matter how optimistic you are: Expect the unexpected.
As long as your luggage is in motion, there’s a chance something is about to happen, and there is no stopping the chaos!
I’ve got some whoppers of stories from girlfriend group getaways!
- Personal illness and hospitalization from broken bones on trips
- A black diamond ski path causing a collarbone fracture during a fast-moving whiteout
- An international trip that we all canceled due to the CDC’s COVID recommendations
- Flying geckos on a paddle fan
- Beds infested with fire ants
- Being in the middle of a trip where unexpected bad weather and major flooding caused an evacuation order
- Flights being diverted from the East Coast to the West Coast, to get back to the East Coast through four flights and then lost luggage and missed check-ins
- A horrible rental owner with whom my friends definitely clashed
- One of the girls in our girlfriend getaway was summoned back to work
- The airlines lost three-fourths of the girls’ luggage on an island girlfriend getaway
- One of the three rental cars we had booked kept creating welts on our legs because it was infested with bugs!
Travel Insurance Is Important For Group Girl Squad Getaway
I’ll share this one quick antidote to every one of the above situations: NONE of us leaves home without travel insurance or trip protection.
Call it what you may, but call it, order it, and never be without it.
When traveling as a large girl group, we purchase GROUP travel insurance.
I am not selling insurance, but I am sharing what I have learned from traveling solo, as a couple, and as a part of multiple girlfriend group trips and trying to steer you away from traveling without insurance (especially for those girls’ trips that are just so much fun).
At some point, you will wish you had purchased trip cancellation insurance, plus optional benefit add-ons including but not limited to, Interruption for Any Reason (IFAR) and Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR).
Allow me to be crystal clear in stating that the most important part of this trip is not the destination or who you are going to be with, but rather the trip protection you buy before you go to help protect yourself from financial chaos. You can do that with travel insurance from Seven Corners.
You’ll find that they are backed by 25+ years of experience, plus offer customer service 24/7.
As my one friend pointed out, it’s never the ‘ON’ hours that things happen, it’s the off!
Girlfriend getaways allow us to press pause on our lives and be together with our friends to catch up and create new insanely over-the-top travel stories.
These don’t just happen to us, though. The same could happen to each of you as well!
4 Useful Planning Tips For Your Girlfriend Getaway
Planning a trip with the girls includes always expecting the unexpected, including injuries.
I’ll share a light overview here and a bit more in-depth below. Your best information will be right on the website that I shared above.
- Trip Protection can be purchased as a group as soon as you book your trip
- Optional Interruption for Any Reason (IFAR) can be your BFF once your trip is in motion.
- Consider travel medical coverage. When traveling internationally, this should be a priority.
- Optional Sports and Golf Equipment Rental Coverage is a great option if you are toting your clubs, skis, skates, etc.
Group Trip Protection and Girl Squad Getaway
Any good trip away with your gal pals, whether a weekend trip or a week-long adventure, begins with group travel insurance.
Purchasing trip protection will cover cancellation for certain reasons, as well as trip delays, missed airline connections, and interruptions.
Plus it has coverage for delayed, lost, or damaged baggage.
You all may not be coming from the same airport or the same part of the country.
After all, you all have your own lives, and you come together as a friend group to enjoy that time you don’t normally get to spend together!
Once you’ve elected to purchase your group travel insurance, you will be able to add optional benefits, such as CFAR and IFAR.
Know that if the group you are traveling with does not want to purchase travel insurance, you still can and should.
Also, consider the other optional items I am about to share. I’m sure you will identify with at least one of the scenarios.
Understanding Why CFAR is Important to a Your Group Vacation
Purchasing CFAR provides you with trip cancellation coverage beyond the otherwise covered reasons, making it a very prudent, savvy purchase IMO.
With CFAR, you can be reimbursed a portion of your unused, prepaid non-refundable trip costs.
This benefit lets you cancel for any reason you choose, not just those reasons already covered in your trip protection plan.
Real Reasons Your Girl Squad Getaway Needs CFAR & Why It’s Beneficial
The optional Cancel for Any Reason benefit is for before your trip begins.
It can be used for any of the reasons below and others not even listed (but do refer to your plan document to learn more).
This is just a general representation to give you an idea of how to keep your group trip properly safe before you travel.
- You begin feeling like you don’t want to travel because you are apprehensive that COVID-19 may surge, or the CDC might drop a new warning about your destination just a week before you go!
- You are suddenly impacted by an unforeseen financial hardship.
- You are worried about traveling internationally due to a war in a country close to where you will be traveling. You really want to book the trip (because the price is crazy great) but also have a safety net if you decide to cancel.
- You have a straight-up change of mind. Maybe you have a disagreement with your partner about your leaving, work didn’t approve your vacation time or you have a falling out with someone in the group. Your baby might be cutting its first tooth or really close to the baby’s very first step.
- There’s a chance a large storm could turn toward your destination, but there’s also a chance it won’t. You’ll be able to use ‘fear of travel’ with this optional CFAR benefit.
Note that under your trip protection plan, ‘fear of travel’ is not a covered reason to cancel your trip.
But CFAR allows you to cancel your trip for any reason you wish, including fear of travel, giving your group an extra level of protection.
Is Interruption for Any Reason (IFAR) Useful for Your Girls’ Trip?
In fact, IFAR is really important due to today’s new normal and situations that could occur while you are in the midst of traveling with the girls.
With IFAR, you can interrupt your trip and come home early for any reason you wish, including those not listed as covered reasons in your trip protection plan.
Remember when you travel with friends, you all are leaving your real lives on the doorstep just to be with each other.
But lives keep on happening and you can’t anticipate everything, so IFAR can be very practical for so many different reasons.
Can You Provide Some Real-Life Examples of Travel Issues That Make IFAR Invaluable?
- Girls will be girls, and there’s always a chance that someone’s moodiness can rock the boat (stirring friendship wars). When there’s a spat while you are together that won’t resolve without time and distance, you may decide to return home early. IFAR lets you do that and be reimbursed for the unused prepaid, non-refundable portions of your trip.
- Your child at home falls ill, and you want to return home.
- While traveling, you get a call from your alarm monitoring service that your home has been broken into. You want to return to your home to assess the damage and file proper police reports.
- The resort where you’re spending your perfect girlfriend group getaway week is not clean. It’s more than clear that they are not worrying about COVID protocol, so your friend squad (with IFAR) decides to pack up and move on out, and end the large group girlfriend getaway early!
- Your girlfriends and you are all professionals — lawyers, doctors, nurses — and one of you gets called back to her job (more like demanded to get back and come off vacation). Of course, you have to leave.
Purchase Medical Coverage For Your International Group Girl Squad Getaway
You’ve gone international for a few weeks, and all your trip ideas are coming true until someone in the tribe gets ill!
The medical coverage is about to be a better friend to you than any of the girls on the getaway because you’ve saved yourself a blow to your finances and health with this one purchase.
Why Would We Need Medical Help on A Girlfriend Group Trip?
Naturally, there is always the chance of illness when traveling, so you’ll want to prepare for this ahead of the trip.
Medical bills could need to be paid upfront before treatment in some countries, or the cost of the medical bills could be high and NOT covered by your USA-held medical insurance!
6 Reasons We’ve Sought Medical Help While Traveling Internationally
- Your allergies might flair and you might go into anaphylaxis (I DID) so you need immediate emergency treatment.
- You might contract COVID-19.
- Severe food poisoning requires hospitalization for rehydration or medical care to help get you back to you (yes, we’ve had this happen).
- You suffer a broken bone from biking or playing sports while traveling.
- You get bit by a spider and need medical treatment.
- You fall ill on a cruise and need emergency medical evacuation.
Definitely read your purchased travel medical insurance plan document so you understand what is covered and who to contact when you need travel assistance.
When the girls go on a trip, it’s just about friendship as they close the rest of the world out with a cork, and unscrew new fun adventures! ~ Dana XO