Beach house ice cream sandwich cake hack provides a no-bake, no-cook, minimalistic prep, frozen multi-layered or bar ice cream cake layering any flavor ice cream sandwiches, filled and topped with a simple whipped topping, optional caramel, hot fudge, or chocolate flavors, possibly topped off with optional sprinkles and assembled to deliver even bigger taste than your basic ice cream wafer-filled sandwiches, in a very short time frame!
The ice cream cake is made from sandwiches of ice cream which are generally made of 2 thin chocolate biscuits, or vanilla biscuits, or even thin cookies, then a layer of ice cream, which can vary from chocolate to vanilla, to strawberry, is placed between the biscuits and an ice cream sandwich is formed creating the perfect item to create a frozen layered or not ice cream cake with!
Why You’ll Love Beach House Ice Cream Cake With Ice Cream Sandwiches
When you are away on vacation, we all want certain things and often ice cream rules supreme on the vacation must-have list.
It’s cool and refreshing but it’s also expensive, and tiring to have to clean up after a day on the beach, and seek out the ice cream shop.
Instead, you’ll LOVE this recipe for an easy ice cream cake that can be layered or bars.
- You can and should make this ahead of time
- It’s fast and easy to make
- This is easily transportable from one home to the other or even to the beach
- Easy to find ingredients
- it’s creamy and dreamy and delicious ice cream cake!
- Saves a trip to the ice-cream vendor or seeking out a vendor
- Fixes your craving for both ice cream and cake in one recipe
- no fancy appliances are needed to make this cake with ice cream sandwiches in it
Need more reasons to love this ice cream layered cake?
Let’s just talk about food planning and beach house rentals.
When you get there, everyone is starved, you go out, shop, load up the cart and bring it back to the beach house rental, but often there is a lot of waste, or conversely, you don’t want to overspend and you buy the minimum to survive.
Either way, you need to gain control of what you are bringing into the house because the waste will occur if you can’t take it all with you or if you have to go out and SPEND on desserts, they are just always about triple what you spend when you can easily make something so all of this will factor into your LOVE of this recipe I am so sure!
Choose your demon are you going to waste money or waste groceries? I’ll say NEITHER because the ice cream cake made from ice cream sandwiches solves it all!
Disclosure. My post contains affiliate links (shortcuts to the products I know you are going to love and use) If you buy one of these items, DanaVento.Com will make a tiny commission, but it doesn’t affect your price. Consider me, your concierge to find these things faster without a lot of searching!
Why Is The Recipe For Ice Cream Cake Using Stacked Sandwiches A Hack?
Plain and simple, ice cream sandwiches are simply a generous scoop of vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry ice cream, nestled between a vanilla or chocolate soft biscuit wafer, usually enjoyed one bite at a time and as a treat in its own right!
This ice cream sandwich layered cake is a hack because it takes one food normally consumed as a cool ice cream treat sandwich and makes it a mega-tiered cake just by adding a bit of whipped topping and stacking the sandwiches together!
There you have the true definition of a food hack!
Equipment Needed To Make Beach Hosue Ice Cream Cake With Ice Cream Sandwiches
As we all know, renting a beach house often runs the risk of an understocked kitchen so you’ll love this recipe for 2 layer ice cream stacked sandwiches in a cake that requires so few kitchen essentials!
Some vacation house rentals are better stocked than others, so this recipe is quintessential for any vacation rental home or beach home rental that you choose as it is simple!
- A mixing bowl
- A spoon
- rubber scraper
- container with a lid of some sort (reuse a container from the store or a pyrex square dish covered with plastic wrap
Yeah, it’s that simple, there are basically 3 or 4 kitchen essentials needed and you can hack the container any way you can including a lined box with a plastic cover anything goes, baby!
Throughout my recipes you will several different photos with different colors and different ice cream sandwiches all of which are this recipe, just using different color whipped topping and different flavors of ice cream sandwiches!
Ingredients Needed For Your Beach House Ice Cream Sandwich Hack
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce
- Magic Shell Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Whipped topping defrosted and whipped
- Food Coloring (optional)
How To Assemble the Beach House Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Hack
Your active time on this recipe is about 10 minutes and most of the work is on the front end of the recipe!
There is no cooking, no baking and all you need is freezer space!
Step 1: Whipped Topping Prep For Your Layered Stacked Ice Cream Sandwiches
Thaw your whipped topping ahead of time in the refrigerator.
In a large mixing bowl, place your topping and whip it really well with either a rubber scrapper, spoon, etc., or if you have a hand mixer in the vacation rental use that!
Once you’ve fluffed it up a bit, set it aside, but keep it conveniently located you’ll need it shortly.
Step 2: Prep Your Workspace To Build Ice Cream Layered Sandwiches Into A Cake
Make sure to have everything you will be using right at your fingertips, including the caramel sauce, and chocolate sauce.
Also, have the container you will be storing the beach house ice cream cake with ice cream sandwiches in because you will want to build it in there.
Step 3: Unwrap the Ice Cream Sandwiches In Bulk To Make The Easy Ice Cream Cake
Now that everything else is prepared, you want to rapidly take the wrappers off the sandwiches and then work quickly because when the ice cream sandwiches begin to melt (and they do that fast) they are NOT fun to work with!
Step 4: Assembling The Ice Cream Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches
Using a series of ice cream sandwiches depending on how many you have dedicated to a layer, you will want to lay them next to each other in a row or a square or whatever design for layering you are making.
Then using an icing spreader or a spatula or a knife (whatever you have available) layer this with whipped topping.
Follow that with a drizzle of caramel shell and a fast drizzle of the chocolate shell.
If you are adding mini chips, sprinkle them, and then add the next layer, repeating this same method until you are done layering the ice cream sandwiches.
Make sure to also coat the sides of the ice cream cake made from ice cream sandwiches with whipped topping.
Step 5: Freeze The Ice Cream Layered Sandwiches Cake
Now package the layered ice cream stacked sandwiches cake and cover it, and return it to the freezer.
Return this to the freezer for 1 hour and serve it frozen.
Enjoy! ~ DANA XO
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- choose the flavors of ice cream sandwiches you love you don’t have to use the standard chocolate and vanilla
- design the ice cream stacked sandwich cake with 2 or 3 layers or even 4
- make the ice cream sandwich cake a bar cake in a single layer instead of layering and build in a baking 9×13
- add mini chocolate chips to each layer
- add oreo cookie crumbles between the layers and atop the cool whip icing
- use the flavored cool whipped topping like vanilla or oreo
- add fresh berries between the layers
- use food coloring to change the whipped topping icing just mix it in by hand
- alternate the layer with one layer of chocolate and vanilla ice cream sandwiches and one layer of vanilla on vanilla sandwiches for a cool-looking layer color when cut
- use graham cracker crumbles, chocolate syrup, and mini cocoa marshmallows for a SMORE’S ice cream sandwich cake
- Buy the funky unicorn color ice cream sandwiches and use those instead of all the other flavors
How To Store The Beach House Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Hack
Here is what you need to know for storage and edibility!
The best way to store the layered ice cream stacked sandwiches cake
Keep this in the freezer when it is not being eaten in a freezer-proof container that is airtight.
How Long Will My Beach House Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Hack Last In The Freezer?
Unless you like the taste of freezer burn, this is a 1-month max hold, but you are in a beach rental home and won’t be there more than a week and I can almost guarantee that it will disappear the day you make it!
Beach House Ice Cream Cake With Ice Cream Sandwiches FAQs
Can I Use Any Ice Cream Sandwich Flavors To Make the Beach House Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Hack?
Yes. Use strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, unicorn, or any of the ice cream sandwiches that are your favorite flavors can be stacked in layers to make this fabulously easy ice cream sandwich cake.
Can I Make The Easy Beach House Ice Cream Cake Made Out Of Ice Cream Sandwiches In Different Shapes?
Yes. For instance, if you want a rectangular-shaped ice cream layered sandwich cake you will simply stack single rows of the sandwiches and you will form a rectangle.
For square layered ice cream sandwich cakes, you will have to cut the sandwiches, etc.
Do You Have To Layer The Beach House Ice Cream Cake?
No! In fact, you can make this a bar ice cream sandwich cake rather than a layered ice cream cake.
Can I Use Sugar-Free Ingredients In This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake?
Yes! Use Sugar-Free ice cream sandwiches such as Killer Sammies, or Skinny Cow (and other brands), and then use sugar-free chocolate sauce instead of the listed ingredients in this recipe to create a sugar-free or lo-sugar ice cream sandwich cake and zero sugar cool whip and you’ve got yourself a fabulous sugar-free ice cream sandwich ice cream cake!
Do I Have to Bake Anything For the Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake?
No. All of the ingredients are pre-made and the ice cream and cool whip need to be frozen and stay frozen unless you are serving, so there is no baking involved.
Can My Kids Put The Stacked Ice Cream Sandwiches Together?
This recipe is so easy that I’d say anyone that can read, can put it together as there are no electrical appliances needed, no cutting required and everything is premade, you just need to assemble and freeze a perfect beach dessert!
Will I Save Money On Vacation If I Make Beach House Ice Cream Cake With Ice Cream Sandwiches?
Yes. Absolutely you will save a lot of money.
The ingredients overall will cost far less than a trip for a family of 4 to the local ice creamery. Plus you can make your portions as big or small as you desire without a price change! Making your own food is definitely a great way to save money on your vacation especially when you have a great beach home rental with a kitchen.
Make Sure To Come Back And Tell Me How Your #1 Beach House Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Hack Turned Out
- tell me what ingredients you added
- and what did you change?
- did you make colorful icing?
- was your beach rental kitchen stocked?
- was it better than going out for ice cream?
I can’t wait to see what you do with your version of my recipe.
- 9-12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Chips
- Whipped topping defrosted and whipped
- Defrost whipped topping and keep refrigerated until after you are ready to prepare the dessert.
- Unwrap 9 ice cream sandwiches
- Using a tray of your choice (remember it has to be covered) stack 3 ice cream sandwiches vertically.
- Next, smear whipped topping across the top of the ice cream sandwiches and cover the sides as well.
- Then, squeeze the caramel sauce across this layer.
- Now follow that with the Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce.
- Add a few chocolate chips (optional).
- For the 2nd layer, place the ice cream sandwiches, vertically again.
- Then repeat the whipped topping and all the sauces.
- Now begin the 3rd layer, with the last 3 sandwiches ( unless you are choosing to 4 layers in which case you will have to do one more layer and a total of 12 sandwiches).
- Use your whipped topping to spread across the top of the layer, then, ice the sides.
- Drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauce.
- Freeze before serving for at least one hour.
- Serve frozen and store any leftovers in the freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information may be inaccurate.