Get ready for the best no-bake pumpkin puree dessert you need to try now because it is light, creamy, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free, but it’s loaded with flavor including a bonus recipe whipped topping that is maple flavored and truly makes this a decadent dessert without completely shattering your daily lifestyle of healthier eating.
With a few simple kitchen essentials, a minimal list of ingredients, and a short amount of prep time, this really easy dessert using a can of pumpkin puree creates a light and airy, tasty and indulgent recipe that fits somewhere in between the taste of a pumpkin pie but not as charged with the pie spices and a sliver of pumpkin cheesecake but nowhere near as heavy.
In other words, this gluten-free pumpkin dessert hits all the high notes and alleviates most of the dessert guilt we are often left with during the Fall season, which turns into the kickoff of the preview of our expand-a-pants collection in our closets for most because these desserts make an appearance just once a year and we want to enjoy them!
Why You’ll Love The Easy Creamy Pumpkin Mousse
- this pumpkin puree dessert recipe is gluten and refined sugar-free
- you can use up that entire can of pumpkin puree for this #1 Fall dessert idea
- the dessert for this pumpkin recipe is a no-bake idea
- you can and should make this yummy light pumpkin mousse ahead of time
- the gluten-free pumpkin mousse is easily transportable
- you can make the pumpkin puree creamy mousse in larger batches and prepare it in single-serve cups
- the dessert for Fall made with pumpkin puree is great for tailgating, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and any September, October, and November party you might be hosting or going to.
What Kitchen Equipment Do You Need To Make Easy Creamy Pumpkin Mousse?
Simple kitchen essentials are used in the prep steps of this recipe and you don’t need an oven or a stove either!
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber Scraper
- Hand Mixer
- Can Opener – if the can does not have a pull tab on it
- A piece of plastic wrap
- A serving bowl
Ingredients For The Best No-Bake Pumpkin Puree Dessert You Need To Try Now
Fear not, the ingredients are super easy to find and they are also very easy ingredients to work with so no real cooking skills are necessary.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Real maple syrup, divided
- Pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Cream cheese, softened, cubed
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Real vanilla extract
- Half & half
Optional Ingredients That Can Be Used In this Really Easy Dessert Using a can of Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon– for dusting and giving it that most pumpkin-pie-like taste without being obnoxious
- Ginger Snap cookies – however, these are not Gluten-Free nor are they refined sugar-free but they are an optional add-in for serving and if you purchase or make your own Gluten-Free ginger snap cookies then it will convert this to Gluten Free.
How To Make The Best No-Bake Pumpkin-Puree Dessert You Need To Try Now
Step 1: You’ll Work Make The Maple Whipped Cream
This is quick and easy and you’ll create one of the most fabulous tasting whipped creams of the season I bet you’ll make it a few more times!
Using your hand mixer you’ll beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl and it will double in size!
Then you’ll add the maple syrup to it, combine again, and then refrigerate it.
Step 2: Converting the Pumpkin Puree into A Creamy Decadent Mousse
You’ll blend the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half &half, and remaining maple syrup in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly blended.
And you’ll want to taste and adjust the spices or leave it as it is.
Then, in your six bowls, portion out the proper amount, cover, and place in the refrigerator for about 60 minutes.
Once the creamy pumpkin mousse has set up, pull it out, remove the plastic covering and add a dollop of the freshly prepared maple whipped cream, the optional add-ons of pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
For anyone you are serving that is not Gluten-Free add a side of Ginger Snaps and enjoy!
How To Store The Best No-Bake Pumpkin Puree Dessert You Need To Try
As you have read through the ingredients you might have noticed you are using both pumpkin and whipping cream, so you know that the best way to store this pumpkin puree dessert mousse is in the refrigerator.
Do not freeze this pumpkin mousse dessert.
You’ll never be reheating this easy cream pumpkin mousse because you never cooked it, to begin with, this is a no-bake, no-oven, nonheated dessert that is simple to create!
Additional Items You Might Want To Add To Your Easy Creamy Pumpkin Mousse
- Try snickerdoodles on the side instead of gingersnaps.
- Add colorful sprinkles for the season of Fall
- Top off with a few mini marshmallows that you quickly toast with a lighter (and using a lighter does not mean that this has changed from a no-bake pumpkin puree recipe idea because a lighter is not a cooking appliance, lol!)
- Instead of Maple Whipped Cream Stripe the top of the no-bake pumpkin puree dessert you need to try with caramel.
Other Yummy Fall Recipes To Try
- A candy corn veggie tray
- Scary Deviled Egg Spiderwebs
- Dutch Crumb Peach Pie
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Beef Tenderloin
Make Sure To Come Back And Tell Me How Your Easy Creamy Pumpkin Mousse Turned Out!
Share your dessert add-ins with me, what you did differently or the same, and if you used a different cookie or not a cookie at all!
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 T. real maple syrup, divided
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. half & half
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS
- Pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until it doubles in
- Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half
&half, and the remaining maple syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer
until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and transfer to individual dessert bowls.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a
sprinkle with ground cinnamon, if desired.
- Optionally you can serve with Ginger Snaps but do read my note in the blog post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g