Every once in a while, there’s that one-holiday cocktail that you just must whip up when Christmas closes in.
In my home, toothsome and festive white chocolate peppermint martinis are THAT cocktail.
Are you naughty or nice?
Santa’s checking his list twice.
Before he gets to your house, I’d throw a few of these back and maybe leave one with the cookies.
Fun, festive, tasty, and a drink that deserves to be celebrated by sipping during the holidays,
If you have a few candy canes, or peppermint rounds or sticks, now it is the time to use them.
Of course, you can bypass the work and buy this HUGE container of crushed peppermint!
P.S. if your kids have them, snag them, they will NEVER miss them and you won’t miss the dental bill that follows, lol!
Now, it’s time for sip, sip, hooray.
Festive White Chocolate Peppermint Martinis
I keep a well-stocked bar, so that no matter the alcohol or liqueur I need, I’ve got it.
What I have learned is that sometimes a basic stock makes drink creation possible.
So, in that spirit, I tapped into what we had in our bar and started crafting white chocolate peppermint martinis.
First I considered what tastes blend.
I did not want any of the flavors to outshine the other.
Plus, blended drinks often are more palatable.
As I began to create the recipe, I stumbled upon a few things.
I remember when I made Rudolph’s Shooters, that combining can be a true party.
SO, it’s a sip, taste, accept or reject kind of project!
Next, we had to pass a few of these out to our families and get their honest feedback.
I mean who else is brutally honest and won’t hurt your feelings?
Well, we did all that, and then we tried it all again until we really nailed it!
Candy Cane Or Peppermints, It’s Gonna Get Messy!
Honestly, I’ve done every and anything not to let this part get messy but you gotta bust them up!
I’ve used a zippered bag, um… the bag gets punctured when the rolling pin goes over the hard candy.
Also, If you do not take them out one by one, you have another nightmare. (out of their wrapper)
Let’s just say if you drink before you prepare the rim, you MIGHT forget to take the wrappers off the peppermint sticks.
Could You Use Baileys? Festive White Chocolate Peppermint Martinis
You know, I really KNOW you can use Bailey’s Irish Cream in this, or if you want to get real inventive you could MAKE your own!
So cheers to all of you, here’s your festive way to celebrate the holiday!
- 2 oz. Chilled vanilla vodka
- 1 oz. White crème de cacao chilled
- 1 oz. Chilled Peppermint schnapps
- FESTIVE RIM
- 3 T. white sugar
- 3 T. hot water
- 3 oz. peppermint candy crushed
- Small candy canes to hang off the glass
- Peppermint Candy Prep
- First, you want to take the wrappers off of the candy canes or the peppermint pieces.
- Next, grab a zipper plastic bag and cover with a paper towel then pound those candy into small pieces (call it therapy! lol)
- Transfer the crushed pieces to a shallow plate where you can dip the MOUTH of the glass in so make sure it is big enough
- Set this aside.
- Next, we are going to make the simple syrup for the martini glass rims
- Stir white sugar and hot water together.
- You'll need to make this with equal parts of hot water: sugar. 1:1.
- Once the sugar is dissolved you've got gold (trust me simply syrup is something I am NEVER without in my kitchen, so make a jar and keep it!
- Next, you will be pouring the simple syrup into a shallow bowl, again, remember that you need to get the mouth of that martini glass in there so make sure it is wide enough.
- Set this next to the crushed candy cane bowl, and let's make the rimmed part of this white chocolate peppermint martini!
- First, invert the martini glass and place the rim of the martini glass into the simple syrup.
- Second, move to the candy cane bowl and gently twist the moistened rim into the crushed peppermint until the entire rim is evenly coated.
- Set this martini glass aside and admire your work, and let's make the drink portion shall we?
- IN a cocktail shaker add ice then vodka.
- Follow with crème de cacao and peppermint schnapps.
- Shake vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Strain chilled liquid into a prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with a small candy cane, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Repeat for each additional martini!
- Sip, Sip. Hooray! Dana XO
*Never drink and drive, do not drink if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, and drink responsibly if you do drink – Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Friends don’t let friends drink and drive.