There’s nothing merrier than the fall and winter season, where all roads lead to holidays and gatherings!
Spiced mulled white wine is the fruity, sweet drink that every party should have at it. Sometimes I consider spiced mulled white wine the stepsister to sangria!
Spiced Mulled White Wine ~ Flirty & Fruity
Adding fruit to a spiced white wine brings on the bold flavors you might otherwise be missing!
Plus, spiced mulled white wine is a fabulous flirty drink or entertaining as it has a bit of spirited alcohol in it as well and it might just covert that hard cider, the beer-drinking person that never wants to try anything new.
Therefore, spiced mulled white wine is both flirty and fruity!
A Sippable Cup of Cheer
Whether you have spent the day outside raking up leaves, shoveling snow, or are hosting a fire pit gathering, this is the perfect warm, sippable cup of cheer.
If you are hosting a party, the fact that you can make this ahead, then warm and allow guests to serve themselves upon arrival makes it a practical and effortless addition to your celebration!
Practical Fruit Options for Spiced Mulled White Wine
White wine when combined with citrus fruits.
In this particular spiced mulled wine drink you’ll find oranges and lemons, in this fabulous cocktail.
Also, inside this fabulous drink are apple slices that I will share a tip for prep to make them awesome.
Simple Spiced Wine For The Holidays Fast
When you want a drink that does not take forever to make and can serve 4 people and obviously can be easily doubled, then spiced mulled wine is the drink for your party!
Feel free to use your slow cooker or Instant Pot with slow cooker mode, then set this on low, and let’s party!
Do not let this boil or get hotter than the low setting, as you will burn out the alcohol and that would seriously be a big BOO!
First, you can prepare this drink fast in about 5 minutes.
The cook time is just 20 minutes.
Serve it in clear glasses, to enjoy the gorgeous look as well.
Truly this cocktail recipe is a beautiful addition to your typical holiday party beverage service.
It warms you up and looks gorgeous as well.
Cocktail Prep Tips
To get the most flavor and juice out of each lemon, and your orange, you’ll want to do the following:
- rinse each
- allow the lemon and the ornage to rest on your counter and become room temperature first.
- if you are in a pinch for time and they are cold, simply place each in the microwave on DEFROST (abut 50%) power and 15-20 second increments, rolling on counter after each session.
- what should happen is that each the lemon and the orange will feel softer to roll, and therefore the juice of each will come to fruition.
Spice Is Nice in Spiced Mulled White Wine
Never skimp on spiced when making this mulled white wine, after all, spice is nice!
So, whole cloves, cardamom pods, and star anise are the trophy mix-ins of this sippable cup of cheer!
Alternatively, you could use these loose mulled spices and just add in cinnamon sticks to finish the recipe!
Spiced Mulled White Wine
- 1 apple, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2-star anise
- 1 750 ml. bottle dry white wine such as an oaked chardonnay
- ¼ c rum (Spiced rum is best!)
- ¼ . honey or maple syrup, preferably local
- 1 orange, juiced
- Combine all ingredients in a medium, non-reactive pot. (I use my Instant Pot on slower cooker mode or my slow cooker on low)
- Place on medium-low heat and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer – be mindful of the heat as you don’t want
to cook out the alcohol.
- Simmer the wine mixture for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Serve into glasses and garnish with more fruit and spices.
Other Drinks for the Fall, Winter & The Holiday Season
If you are ready to do some more siping during the season make sure to try out any of these cocktails!
My peppermint martini is truly mint-tastic,
Of course, Mrs. Claus has her own drink for anyone doing all the heavy lifting during the holiday it’s sure to make you relax!
Santa’s sooty shooters are downright delicious!
Don’t forget to try out cranberry margaritas, and pear margaritas.
*Never drink and drive, do not drink if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, and drink responsibly if you do drink – Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Friends don’t let friends drink and drive.
Leave a Reply