Cooking allows me the opportunity to keep things, fresh, simple and delicious. Today I am sharing my Italian Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil recipe because I am certain that you will love it. The small ingredient list to the short cook time makes this a weekly staple in my home.
Growing up my grandmother used to make this the old-fashioned way, via stovetop. I have given the recipe a fast update that makes it far more time efficient and just as delicious if not better. Lavishly live homemade soup out loud and bookmark this page for Pressure cooker Italian Tomato Soup With Fresh Basil.
I do not know where I was before I owned my Instant Pot because this appliance is a definite Kitchen Perk. Fast cooker, meats that are super soft and food that turns out right from hard-boiled eggs to pasta!
Now that you see what I have been cooking in, let’s get to the recipe since I am trying to save you time.
Instant Pot Italian Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil
3 Round Red Ripe TOmatoes chunked then pulsed or for alternate version (1 Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz.) –Pulse Blend to smoother (may leave chunks)
2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and sliced
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 Larger leaves of fresh basil
4 C Vegetable Broth (organic)
1 Can of Paste (broken down with 3 cans of water, mixed well)
1 Tsp of Sugar (optional and NOT a MUST )
In Pressure Cooker, sauté garlic, then add in paste mixture, stirring to blend.
Add in blended tomatoes, basil leaves, vegetable broth and cheese chunk.
Pressure setting to Soup for 10 minutes.
Natural Release Method.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: Sauté 3 minutes, Pressure Build 5 Minutes, Cook time 10 minutes.
Total Time: 23 minutes.
Print the Recipe
- 3 Round Red Ripe Tomatoes Chunked or Alternate : 1 Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz.) Pulse Blend to smoother (may leave chunks)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Larger leaves of fresh basil
- 4 C Vegetable Broth
- 1 Can of Paste (broken down with 3 cans of water, mixed well)
- 1 Tsp of Sugar (Not necessary, optional)
- In Pressure Cooker, sauté garlic, then add in paste mixture, stirring to blend.
- Add in blended tomatoes, basil leaves, vegetable broth and cheese chunk.
- Pressure setting to Soup for 10 minutes.
- Natural Release Method.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: Sauté 3 minutes, Pressure Build 5 Minutes, Cook time 10 minutes.
- Total Time: 23 minutes.
Enjoy your fresh soup with a side salad, or toasted bread. Lavishly live food out loud and make Pressure Cooker Italian tomato soup with fresh basil!
This post contains affiliate links, which means danavento.com may receive a commission on the sale if you use the link to make your purchase. This does not change the price of the product. This income directly offsets the cost of web hosting and maintenance so we greatly appreciate your support. The links help you find the best of the best, have fun shopping!