Summer’s Best and Easiest Dutch Crumb Peach Pie
Homemade pies are one of my favorite things to make.
I will be the first to admit, that taking time out to bake may not be the highest on my priority list, but I do it!
Summer boasts bumper crops of peaches, apples, and cherries, I bake to indulge in those crops!
Summer is the season of fresh fruits and of course, they look delectable in one piece.
What happens when you cut those fresh fruits into many pieces?
A bit of sampling, and then, the construction of a homemade recipe!
Use summer’s best and easiest dutch crumb peach pie recipe to tantalize your taste buds and satisfy your daily serving of fruit, LOL!
The rich Dutch Crumb topping is sweet and encloses the contents of the pie dish like a blanket.
Rather than a traditional pie with a secondary pie crust atop, try this. It’s fabulous.
Right now, peaches have my full attention. Sweet, fleshy, juicy, and South Carolina fresh!
Now it’s time to start ‘feelin’ peachy.
Then, make a Summer’s Best Dutch Crumb Peach Pie.
*****Warning, it is so delicious that leaving it untended on the counter might mean it disappears into bellies!
Summer’s Best and Easiest Dutch Crumb Peach Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See more details here.
Peaches are truly a summer crop, or at least that is when I believe they reach their full taste potential.
It’s time to experience The Old 96 District of South Carolina’s famed peaches!
If you are fortunate enough to live by Titan Farms you are close to the best of the best in truly farm-fresh peaches!
My suggestion is to take a mini day-trip to this local Peach Farm, so you can feel ‘just peachy’.
Purchase peaches by the dozen.
Fill up that cargo space in your car, so that your belly can feast on fresh peaches all week or month long!
Make the season of the Peach last!
Now, come home and make this delightful recipe! Are you ready?
Best & Easiest Dutch Crumb Peach Pie – Summer means Easy
I am partial to pies that do not consume hours in the kitchen.
So, I will tell you before you continue reading that I am going to use a shortcut.
Since I work full-time and run my home with 3 busy kids and a cat, time is precious little.
Sometimes little shortcuts get me to the other side faster and they don’t alter the taste at all.
I prefer to be outside gardening and enjoying the fresh, summer air, as opposed to being locked up slaving in a kitchen.
How do I get the best of both worlds?
I keep my recipes simple to recreate.
Therefore, small shortcuts that don’t alter the taste, afford me more time outdoors! Are you with me?
Peaches & Prep
As soon as you get your fresh peaches home, or received from an online order, don’t refrigerate them.
Then, set 4-5 ripe peaches aside on a cutting board.
Uniformly slice them.
We are about to make an incredible pie!
Make sure you have a Peach Pitter.
These make pitting peaches super easy as well as quartering them.
From that point, you can uniformly slice them.
Use a good paring knife to keep the slices perfect.
And, order this South Carolina Cutting Board, it just looks great and makes me, even more, Peach Happy!
What do you think?
Grab your favorite pie dish and all the other ingredients below.
Now let’s proceed to create a masterful summer pie, with very little effort.
Oh, how I love those words.
Ingredients for Summer’s Best and Easiest Dutch Crumb Peach Pie
You will need a few of those fresh peaches, and don’t forget to taste-test Large Peaches washed and uniformly sliced.
Naturally, a pie shell is involved, will you make one, or buy one?
You can lick the screen, it’s all coming together nicely.
The dutch crumb topping amps up the peach flavor when they bake and combine.
Dutch crumb topping takes only minutes to make.
The combination pops in flavor once baked!
Allow this pie plenty of time to cool, at least 2 hours, so it sets and the peach juice settles into the crust, Mmmm.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream and you have an incredibly tasty dessert that will be requested all throughout the peach season.
Don’t forget to make and not bake a few for the freezer.
Enjoy peach season ~ Dana XO
Grab The Full Recipe, Step-by-Step
Summer's Best and Easiest Dutch Crumb Peach Pie
- 4-5 Large Peaches washed and uniformly sliced.
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Shell or Frozen Pie Shell Shortcut Item! or you can make one from scratch.
- 2/3 - 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 C Butter Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 400°F.
- Next, it's time to make the Dutch Crumb Topping for the peaches.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine, butter, flour, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- You can use your fingers to mix or a pastry cutter (I do that) and just make sure it is crumbly.
- Set aside and prep the pie shell and fill the shell with peaches.
- Now, roll out the pie crust (if using refrigerated) and place into pie pan.
- Or if you are using a frozen crust follow directions to use (thaw, etc).
- Use the sliced peaches and line the bottom of the crust.
- Layer the peaches over each other, tier after tier.
- Then, once peaches reach close to the top of the pan, it is time to place the dutch crumb topping on.
- Make sure to cover the entire top and sides, you want a nice tight topping.
- Place in oven and bake on 400°F for 50-60 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Then serve.
- Remember, the fruit will be piping hot and can burn your mouth so use caution when eating for up to a few hours after removing from the oven.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.