Welcome, Fall Sipping Cocktail Connoisseurs! Today’s recipe for my hard cider bourbon fusion for Fall is the cocktail you didn’t know you needed but won’t be able to resist. With an optional spicy kick, it’s dedicated to all you fabulous at-home mixologists and cocktail enthusiasts. Plus, since it is a generous size, you won’t need a refill!
Ever felt like your fall festivities were missing that certain je ne sais quoi? Well, I’ve got the answer, and it’s as simple as mixing up a glass of this spicy bourbon hard cider cocktail.
This isn’t just a drink; it’s an experience that’ll make you jump into a pile of leaves for the hell of it! Maybe it’s because it’s alcohol-heavy, or maybe it’s because it tastes that damn good.
Stick around, and I’ll share a description of this seductive cocktail so steamy it should come with a warning label. We won’t give the farm away just yet; we are not that easy (lol), but trust me, we’re about to get hot and spicy on the details.
Table of Contents
Bourbon Hard Cider Cocktail and The Campfire Revelation
So, here’s the deal. We were wrapping up a week-long camping trip and rummaging through our nearly empty liquor cabinet. We really wanted a killer cocktail to cap off the adventure.
As luck would have it, we stumbled upon the perfect blend of ingredients to whip up an elixir like a love letter from an apple orchard with a Southern drawl. Trust me, even the apple gods would tip their hats to this one.
We mixed hard cider with a few other secret ingredients, and damn, we got it just right. But let me tell you, this drink is a tank. It knocked us off our asses on our last night—so two things: don’t drink and drive (we didn’t), and cheers!
Why You’ll Fall Hard for Bourbon Cider Cocktail
All right, at-home mixologists, let’s chat about this cocktail.
- Easy to Make: No PhD in mixology required.
- Unique Flavor Profile: The blend of bourbon, hard cider, and spicy honey is unlike anything you’ve tasted.
- Perfect for Any Fall Event: It’s versatile, from Halloween parties to Thanksgiving dinners.
- Instagrammable: This drink is as photogenic as a New England fall landscape.
- It’s Got a Kick: Because sometimes, life needs a little spice.
Kitchen Essentials To A Make Hard Cider Bourbon Drink
- Measuring jigger (or pour freehand, we do)
- Yeti 16 oz tumbler (CHILLED)
- Ice cube tray (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
Ingredient For A Hard Cider Bourbon
- Hard Cider (Angry Orchard, etc.)
- Mike’s Hot Honey
- Optional: bitters, cinnamon sticks
The Genesis of Hard Cider Bourbon Fusion For Fall
Forget what you know about fall cocktails. This isn’t just a drink; it’s a full-on sensory experience that hits the spot—yeah, that “G-spot” of cocktails. First, the bourbon warms you up, like the cuddling that precedes some steamy foreplay.
Then comes the “hard” cider—crisp, sweet, and unmistakably autumnal, but with a kick that says, “Hey, I’m not your average apple juice.” It’s the tease before the full pleasure, the flirtatious wink across the bar that promises more.
But hold onto your Yeti because here comes the game-changer: the tease that takes you from “Let me drink it” to “Let me fully experience it.” We’re talking about hot honey.
Oh yeah, you read that right. This is the spicy kick your bourbon has been begging for. It’s like the missing piece to your cocktail puzzle, and when it combines with the light fizz of the hard cider? Let’s say it’s a fusion so orgasmic you’ll want to keep that “hard” feeling going all season long.
It’s the kind of cocktail that hits the spot and leaves you delightfully wiped out. Trust us; your taste buds will be writing thank-you notes.
How to Craft Our Hard Cider Bourbon Elixir
“No secrets, no games—just pure, unadulterated pleasure in a glass.
Here’s a quick tease of what’s to come:
- Pour chilled Angry Orchard into a 16-oz Yeti or your favorite tall glass.
- Add bourbon to the mix. No shaking; we don’t want an explosion, just a slow burn.
- Drizzle in Mike’s Hot Honey for that extra kick. Optional but highly recommended.
- Stir gently to fuse the flavors.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick for that final touch of autumn.
- Sip and let the experience wash over you.
Ready for the full experience? Scroll down to the recipe card for all the juicy details.
What to Pair With Your Hard Cider Bourbon Cocktail
This cocktail pairs beautifully with fall comfort foods. Think stuffed acorn squash, a hearty beef stew, or a slice of pecan pie.
Of course, if you feel like gnoshing a bit before a meal, by all means, add bourbon cider to your appetizer repertoire.
Hard Cider Bourbon Substitutes and Alternatives To Use
- No Mike’s Hot Honey? Use regular honey and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Not a bourbon fan? Try it with dark rum.
Bourbon Hard Cider Cocktail FAQs
How can I make it less spicy?
Simply reduce the amount of Mike’s Hot Honey or opt for regular honey.
Can I make a non-alcoholic version?
Absolutely! Swap out the bourbon for some ginger ale or sparkling water.
The Last Sip About Our Bourbon Apple Cider (hard)
So, there you have it, folks! A cocktail that’s as much a celebration of fall as a hayride through an apple orchard. And remember, the best cocktails are the ones shared with friends and family.
So mix up a batch, snap some pics, and don’t forget to tag us. Cheers to a spicy fall season!
Recipe For The Hard Cider Bourbon
While this is not just plain old apple cider and whiskey, is it better? You’ll soon see why, so grab the recipe! Push your mixologist spirit flavor skill level!
Get your description ingredients instructions notes. ↓
- Chilled Angry Orchard Hard Cider (12 oz)
- Bourbon (2 oz, or to taste)
- Mike's Hot Honey (1 tbsp, optional)
- Optional: bitters, cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Prep the Glass: Grab a 16 oz Yeti or any large glass you prefer. If you're using a Yeti, it'll keep your drink chilled without needing ice. If you're using a regular glass and prefer an extra cold drink, add some ice cubes.
- The Bourbon Base: Mix the bourbon and Mike's Hot Honey in a separate glass. Stir until well combined. If you're worried about the honey being too sticky, slightly warm it before adding it to make mixing easier. Your cocktail's sultry base will make you want to dim the lights.
- Pour It Up: Carefully pour the bourbon-honey mixture into your 16 oz glass.
- The Main Attraction: Slowly add the chilled Angry Orchard Hard Cider to the glass. The idea is to keep the fizz alive while mingling it with the bourbon.
- Optional Flair: Add a dash of bitters if you like complexity, or garnish with a cinnamon stick for that extra autumnal vibe.
- Stir and Sip: Give it a gentle stir, just enough to say, "Hey, let's get to know each other better," to all the ingredients. Then, take that first sip and let the fusion of flavors work the magic.
- Enjoy: Sip and fall in love. And maybe fall in love again. This drink is a keeper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 0g
DanaVento.Com is not a dietician or nutritionist; any nutritional information shared is simply an estimate. Use a nutritional calculator if you need exact estimates of nutrition, and note that the brands you use in your recipe may differ slightly or significantly from those brands of items you use, creating a variance in nutritional content.
Unveil the flavors of fall with this cocktail apple cider made with hard cider and Bourbon. It’s a cocktail that combines bourbon’s warmth, apple cider’s sweetness, and spicy honey’s kick. Perfect for sipping on a crisp autumn day.