Whether you are planning a party or just want to create a fabulous, mouth-watering pork roast to have leftovers, this is the roast to try.
What’s best about my honey dijon pork tenderloin is that you can make it in your Instant Pot or the oven.
I’ve provided directions for both on the recipe card!
At its core the ingredients are so simple, you might wonder if it can deliver a big taste.
No worries, because this pork tenderloin roast is exceptionally tasty and so darn simple.
That is why you will wonder where this recipe has been all of your cooking life.
With simple ingredients, you will find this to be a healthier option than many other recipes.
Always use the cleanest options to create such as organic.
Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin
I will start like this if you don’t have an Instant Pot you really want to read more about them.
To that end, I am not sure where I would be without mine.
Food takes so much less time to cook and when it is cooked it tastes so much better.
Meat always is fall-aport, fork-tender.
Instant Pots and Messes!
In any event, I’ve got to say, honey is not an IP’s best friend.
So, when I cook with it, I wait until the food is done cooking, naturally release the pressure and then add it in.
The food is still very warm and the honey actually sinks into the food once done cooking and still warm.
You can also use saute to keep the food warm and cooking a bit more and to get the honey to melt into the warmth.
As for the Mustard, I don’t like it when it is broken down into the water so instead, I put it on at the end, and the taste is much bolder.
Really it is almost an ‘after’ marinate and the warm, just-cooked meat absorbs the flavor so much better.
It’s almost like air frying wings, don’t precoat them with the flavor, toss them in it when they are done cooking.
Flavor sails when you do this!
Dijon Is Amazing
Dijon mustard elevates the flavor of a pork roast.
Yellow mustard is just to basic, so don’t bother.
Otherwise, you might get more of a hot dog taste instead of a pork roast taste.
Now, here is an additional idea, if you combine brown sugar, ketchup, and yellow mustard you can create a sweet and sour if you prefer!
What Side Goes With Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin?
Carrots, salads, potatoes are all great choices.
- Pork Tenderloin (2 lbs. for 5-6 people or 1 pound for 2-3)
- 1/2 C Tablespoons of Dijon mustard (portioned into 1/4 Each)
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste *optional
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- Add Olive Oil to the Instant Pot. (alternative oven-baking ingredients are below)
- Place roast atop olive oil.
- Sear on each side for about 5 minutes each to lock in the juices.
- Turning at about 5-minute intervals.
- Once three of the four sides are browned, add in garlic and allow it to 'golden' but not brown.
- Turn off saute mode once garlic is 'golden'
- Add in 1/4 C to 1/2 C of water (not more).
- Place 1/4 of Djon across the roasts using a basting brush.
- Close lid.
- Cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes.
- Allow this to release naturally.
- Then, at 15 minutes, if ll pressure is not released, release and open the lid.
- At this point, you will add the other 1/4 cup of dijon and the honey to the TOP Of the meat with a basting brush.
- For the honey, if you prefer, just drizzle it across the top of each roast via the honey bottle.
- Program Sauce for just about 3-4 minutes until it begins to heat ( you will see this in the bottom of the liner).
- Turn it off, and allow the meat to sit, as it absorbs some of the dijon and honey.
- Remove meat to tray, cut, and then serve.
- You can use the pan juice to drizzle atop the roast.
I do not use the honey during the cooking process because it makes a mess in the Instant Pot.
You can actually cook this roast the same way in the oven if you don't have an electric pressure cooker.
Preheat your oven to 325° F
Simply brown the meat on the stove, using the olive oil, and roast.
Once seared on all three sides, add in garlic, till golden.
Remove all and transfer to a baking pan.
Cover in 1/4 cup of the dijon mustard.
Bake at 325° F for up to 60 minutes until roast has reached just below 145° F as it will continue to cook once removed from the oven.
As soon as it is removed from the oven, place the remaining dijon mustard and honey atop.
Cut, and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 598mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is inaccurate.