RV travel adventures are so popular, and if you crave travel, RV adventures create the quintessential road trip you’ll need to experience! Is RV’ing for you? What is it about RVs that people love?
Journies in recreational vehicles range from fantastic RV parks to incredible USA destinations.
Or maybe it’s the fact that recreational vehicle travel allows you to be front and center for all the adventures you can crave in our country at your own pace!
Best of all, you don’t have to be an RV enthusiast to try this out, but instead, someone who wants to see more of our beautiful country.
In a recent consumer survey, 37% of Americans polled will take an RV trip this year, and so should you so let’s learn more about the surge in RV traveling and why you’ll want to experience it.
Table of Contents
Why Are RV Travel Adventures So Popular?
What about RV’ing makes it so popular and appealing to so many families?
Maybe it’s the idea that anyone on an RV vacation can explore an area for a little longer.
If you want to change your plans on the spot, you don’t have to worry about booking, seeking out a hotel, or changing flights because you never know when you will fall in love with a destination.
The flexibility of RV’ing makes all of this more possible!
The real answer to the question of why are RV travel adventures so popular differs from person to person, family to family, and group to group, and there is no right or wrong answer; there are just answers!
#1 Unplug Because You Can When You RV
When you go RV’ing, you unplug from the world because you can go off the grid, stay between mountains, and be a free spirit.
Unplugging lets your life be in the moment and not necessarily captured for social media shares and likes.
Ways To Unplug When You Are Living RV Life
- don’t use your phone for anything other than photos
- Enjoy your friends and family through talking and communication outside of texting
- bring board games along and enjoy them with a drink
- play cards around a fire
- enjoy a swim under the moon
- take long hikes
- Watch birds and wildlife (at a safe distance of course)
- allow yourself only a limited time allotment on your laptop to catch up each day or not at all
Congratulations on going off the grid and diving into your RV adventure!
#2 Why People Love RVs and Vacations With Them
Let’s face facts, most of us prefer to overpack on vacation instead of underpacking.
If you are flying or driving, you can bring what you need and pack down that RV with more than you can.
Yes, RVs have space constraints, but they also offer drawers, cabinets, and much more storage which is the freedom to pack what you’ll need versus alternative modes of vacation transportation!
Plus, much like a cruise ship stateroom, you’ll unpack one time in an RV and not unpack until you get home because everything you need is with you and in your vacation recreational vehicle!
Other Packable Items On Your RV So You Don’t Have To Rent
You would typically have to rent these items if you went on vacation and flew or drove (unless you rent a Uhaul), which is another reason that RV travel adventures are so popular, you can bring your stuff with you, and that saves money.
- fishing equipment
#3 RV Vacations Are Perfect For Bringing Your Pets With You
RV adventures create the quintessential road trip for millions of pet owners who want to bring FIDO along!
Of course, with the surge in RV traveling and many RV parks, you will want to check with RV parks and camping spots you might choose to stay at to make sure that pets are welcome before you go!
RV travel adventures are so popular for people with pets because they don’t have to leave the other part of their family at home while they travel and it saves money.
You won’t require a pet sitter, or someone going in and out of your home or you won’t rack up kennel bills which can be costly. And we’d be remiss if we didn’t state that often dogs get sick after boarding, which turns into another expense and problem upon your return home.
Things To Remember For Your Pet When They Go RVing With You
- Do bring pet supplies: food, water, bowls, bedding, toys, and poo cleanup baggies
- Make sure your RV is comfortable and safe for your pet to have space to move around.
- Ensure that your pet can be cool in the summer and warm in the winter in your RV
- Keep medical records for your pet with you in case of an animal emergency.
- Hike, walk, swim, go for runs, play fetch, and you’ll learn why RV travel adventures are so popular with pet owners.
#4 RV Adventures Create The Quintessential Road Trip BecauseThey Are Budget-Friendly
When you compare the cost of any other kind of vacation to an RV adventure, you’ll see that taking an RV out on the open road will usually be much lower, which might account for the surge in RV traveling.
Perhaps the biggest reason why RV vacations are budget-friendly is through the savings on travel expenses.
- Flights are very pricey when compared to driving an RV to your destination
- Campground Fees and RV Parks are pennies on the dollar compared to hotel counterparts.
- Your food is with you all the time, and it is more economical to cook than to dine out
Things To Bring To Keep Your RV Vacation Even More Budget-Friendly
- a useful portable power station,
- Food and beverages
- Ice Coolers That Keep The Ice Solid For Days
- Large Movie Screen and projector
All of these factors add up to make RV vacations a great choice for budget-minded travelers.
Whether you’re retired and living on a fixed income, or you’re a young family trying to save for a future trip, an RV vacation might be just what you’re looking for.
#5 Bonding With Friends And Family Might Account For The Surge In RV Traveling
Whehter you are meeting up with fellow RV’ers, traveling in one RV, bringing along grandparents, extended family, etc. bonding will just happen effortlessly.
- When you are preparing food, you’ll get to chat
- Cleaning out the bathroom in the RV will be a laugh
- Hiking as a family or with friends will bond you.
- Discovering things you’ve never seen before as a group will be priceless
- Interactions will be in real-time, not via FaceTime or texting.
- Photos will be together instead of selfies.
- Gaming will be board games, horseshoes, and cards.
Other Helpul Travel Articles
Other Helpful Travel Articles
- 6 Best Travel Essentials For Your Carry On That Most Forget
- The Easy 13-Tip Survival Guide For Traveling With Your Kids
- Commemorate Travel Memories To Share Using 8 Easy Ideas
- Big 11 Do’s + Don’ts of Long Term Travel Storage To Consider
- 8 Incredibly Useful Travel Essentials To Pack For Every Trip
- 5 Golden Fashion Rules Of Travel To Always Abide By And Why
- 9 Wise Tips Homeowners Who Travel Often Admit To Using A Lot
- 1 Largest Outer Banks Vacation Rental Mistake To Avoid!
- Don’t Sabotage Your Vacation | 6 Things You Must Avoid Doing
- Avoid Travel Constipation | 9 How to Poop On Vacation Tips
RV Adventure Create The Quintessential Road Trips Because
Your RV vacation might start out as a vacation and way to see more things, but you’ll soon find out that the surge in RV traveling is due to the fact that you gain endless experiences together, off the grid, with free time, your own bathroom, a comfy bed that is your own, and with people surrounding you that you love and they love you back!
Yes, RV travel adventure are so popular right now, becuase the do offer a great way to see the country and experience different parts of the USA, but they also let you be you and experience your family and friends with freedom and no pressure.
Your RV trip will be golden, and worht millions, but the fact is, it was economical and golden in the bonds creatd from time well-spent in something called a recreational vehicle!
Dana Vento is an accomplished travel writer who has written award-winning articles for Niagara Falls, USA, and Cabarrus, NC, and won IG photography for Southern Delaware beaches. Dana offers tips for travel to help you have the best adventures!
Leave a Reply