Spooky Halloween Brookie Eyeballs – are a recipe celebrating how to make Halloween eyeball desserts in delectable chocolate on the chocolate mix or you might say, it is Halloween eyeball treats that is a chocolate cookie brownie harboring the other sweet felon, a sandwich stuffed cookie!
These are the super chocolate Halloween brownie eyeballs you’ll want at your party!
The fun thing about this Halloween chocolate treat is that it’s 2 great tastes in one and you might say, ‘the Halloween Eyeball brookie has its eye on you!’
Why You’ll Love The Halloween Eyeball brookie Recipe
Is a Halloween eyeball brookie a chocolate brownie, or a cookie?
In essence, a brookie is a brownie that covers a cookie, so you can load up on your daily dose of chocolate.
- Brownie Brookies are chocolate and chocolate is the highly anticipated treat for Halloween
- You can and should make the Halloween Oreo Brookies ahead of time
- Ingredients for the Halloween brownie eyeball dessert are easy to find
- Kids love this one-eye looking at you chocolate Halloween round brookie
- Eyeball brookie treats are made quickly and with minimal ingredients and minimal skill level n the kitchen!
🎃👻 More Easy Halloween-Inspired Recipes You’ll Want To Try ◀◀
Equipment Needed To Make An Eyeball Brookie For Halloween
- brookie pan
- Plastic Eyeballs (ping pong balls with eyeballs on them!)
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup
Ingredients Needed To Make Halloween Brookie Eyeballs
- boxed brownies
- sandwich cookies of some sort (please note, if you click you will know what cookie I use!
- whipping cream or icing
- Food coloring if you opt not to use ping pong balls
These are very consistent dessert items no matter what brand of brownie mix you choose, so don’t worry you will yield, consistent results every time!
How To Make The Halloween Brookie Eyeballs!
Don’t bat an eyeball or you’ll miss this short instructional area, so you too can go from novice to pro brookie eyeball treat maker in seconds!
Step 1: Use the directions on The brownie box to prep
Follow the directions on your brownie box for the oven and the prep.
Step 2: Prep the Brookie Brownie Tray
Spray the brookie pan with nonstick spray.
Place an Oreo on each of the 6 brookie cavity spots.
Step 3: Build the Brookie Brownie Eyeballs For Halloween
Using the prepared brownie mixture fill each Brookie cavity, being careful to not move the cookie.
I highly suggest holding the Oreo sandwich cookie in place while pouring around it so that it sits and stays directly in the middle.
Yes, I do cover the Oreo cookie with batter FYI!
Step 4: Bake the Chocolate Halloween Brookie Brownie Eyeballs
Bake the Halloween eyeball brownie Brookie and then remove at the end of the suggested baking time (hop to the Brookie Halloween recipe)
Once the chocolate round brownie Brookies are done cooling in the tray, you’ll then remove them to a cooling rack.
Again, allow the soon-to-be Brookie eyeballs to cool more (refer to recipe card for timing details)
Step 5: Fill the Brookie Eyeball Cavities
Working with each cooled brookie, use a cookie scoop and add a scoop of whipped topping.
Follow that with an eyeball, slanted (angled to the side), or use any of the alternate ingredients I suggested below.
Serve or refrigerate. (whipped topping).
Relevant Baking + Prep Tips For the Halloween Brookie Eyeball Treats
Since I make these treats quite often, I am able to offer some insider’s perspective as it’s tried and true advice.
- always coat the pan with nonstick even if it is nonstick!
- always cover the sandwich cookie,
- never remove the baked brookie from the pan until it is fully cooled or you will have a broken eyeball brookie
- always allow the Brookie Halloween eyeballs to sit after you have removed them from the pan for additional time
- For immediate serving, whipped topping works well, however, you can also fill it with icing that needs to set
Popular Substitutions For Brookie Eyeball Treats
- For those of you that love caramel, grab those caramel bites and drop a few in each cavity.
- If you prefer to add in some rice cereal, go for it, as it provides a crunch.
- Add crumbled chocolate bars atop the icing
- use red gel icing to make bloodshot eyes instead of using eyeballs
- use candy eyes to make the eye area instead of whipped topping
How Do You Store Leftover Halloween Brookie Eyeballs?
The answer to how to store leftover Halloween brownie Brookies really depends on 3 items:
- did you fill the Brookie eyeballs?
- do you like frozen leftovers?
- will you have leftovers?
As long as you have not filled the eyeball chocolate brownies with the whipped topping you can leave them on the counter on a covered cake pedestal or use an airtight container with a lid.
If you have added the whipped topping you will need to refrigerate the Halloween oreo brookie eyeballs because that is not able to sit out on the counter!
For any extra brookie eyeballs, you can place them in a zippered freezer bag and store them for up to six months and then use them as regular brookies instead of eyeballs!
Grab More Halloween-Inspired Recipes Here
- Halloween Charcuterie Board
- Halloween Eyeball Brookies
- Halloween Bloodshot Eye Eggs
- Halloween Spider Web Eggs
- Bleeding Cake
- Eyeball biscotti
- Red Blood Ganache
- Halloween Barfing Pumpkin With Chips
- Skeleton Veggies Tray
- Candy Corn Veggie Tray
- Spider Web Buffalo Dip
- Vampire Bat Chocolate Ball Dessert
- Blood coffins
- Magical Witch Cookies
- Halloween Mozzarella Eyeballs
- Caramel Apple Pops
- Caramel Apple Pie
Recipe Chocolate Eyeball Brookie
Halloween Eyeball Brookie Cookies
A really easy recipe that converts a traditional BROOKIE into a Halloween eyeball brookie cookie. You can change a lot of the ingredients and you can make more than you need for frozen leftovers!
The Halloween eyeball brownie Brookies have their eyes on you! Spooky Halloween Brookie Eyeballs - are a recipe celebrating how to make Halloween eyeball desserts in delectable chocolate on the chocolate mix or you might say, it is Halloween eyeball treats that is a chocolate cookie brownie harboring the other sweet felon, a sandwich stuffed cookie!
These are the super chocolate Halloween brownie eyeballs you'll want at your party!
- 1 Box of your favorite brown mix made according to directions
- 6 Oreo Sandwich Cookies or any sandwich or chocolate chip cookie you like
- 1- 12 0z container of frozen Cool whip topping lite, or regular, or flavored, thawed
- Plastic eyeballs or edible eyeballs craft stores, big-box retailers
- Brookie Pan prepped with nonstick spray (grab it on amazon)
- Serving platter
- Preheat the oven to the appropriate setting on the brownie box you purchase.
- Spray the brookie pan with nonstick spray.
- Place an Oreo on each of the 6 brookie cavity spots.
- Make boxed brownies in a mixing bowl.
- Once the brownie mixture is complete, fill each brookie cavity, being careful to not move the cookie.
- (I covered my cookie with batter FYI).
- Bake brookie for about 20 minutes (watch them, you don't want them to burn and oven temps vary).
- Remove and allow them to cool. (15 minutes in the pan)
- Once cooled remove from the pan, and allow the brookies to cool a bit longer. (45 minutes)
- Working with each cooled brookie, use a cookie scoop and add a scoop of whipped topping.
- Follow that with an eyeball, slanted (angled to the side).
- Serve or refrigerate. (whipped topping).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply