This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Read my DISCLOSURE policy for more information.
My Noom green meal recipe is the solution to quickly creating a nourishing bowl of yum, through added a few different ingredients, and in this particular unofficial Noom recipe, it is loaded with mostly Noom green options, and optional yellow, and loaded with all kinds of healthy choices that you won’t mind consuming when it’s all mixed, including fresh veggies and shrimp, cucumber, fresh citrus, and whole grain rice, and while it can be served it in a bowl, I prefer it wrapped and it still stays a Noom Green Food!
As Noom recipes go, this is a very versatile Noom life option recipe because it is flexible in ingredient addition and adaptable to your personal tastes, which makes this a green meal for Noom solution for both weekdays and weekends.
For those that need a name instead of a big bowl of yum, or a Noom green nourish bowl, I call it my bean sprout shrimp citrus salad.
Why You’ll Love The Unofficial Noom Recipe
First, let me share this, if I have to write 100 paragraphs to convince you why you’ll love this simple green noom recipe, you are in the wrong place, because you have to already be committed or want to be committed to the process, open-minded and love different versions of ingredients in recipes.
Here are some of the reasons you’ll love this green Noom meal.
- easy to find ingredients
- definitely one of the easy noom green recipes
- you can and should make this ahead of time
- it is transportable so it is a great take-along for picnics, BBQs, and any holiday you have to go out of the house too.
- my noom green nourishing bowl of yum is FREE to use and you can print it and bookmark it
- you can make a larger or a smaller portion depending on your hunger level
- use this as part of your Noom lunch recipes to keep it fast and simple
- the nutritional bowl can be incorporated into your Noom dinner recipe ideas
- through preparing this you’ll learn how easy Noom green meals are to make pretty much hassle-free
- make it part of your Noom weekly meal plan
- if you want this bowl of nourishing and filling food can be used as your green breakfast foods
Rather than do a hard battle with my Thyroid issues, I have just taken on the principles of NOOM and I am over the Moon (Noom spelled backward) with Noom options allowing me a great deal of freedom to make creative recipes and what I am sharing today with you!
What I’ve done is create a recipe using a combination of Noom-approved green options to create an unofficial Noom recipe.
Inside this recipe, I’ve struck gold because it is a versatile Noom life option.
Go ahead and use the jump to the recipe, but you might really want to read a little about NOOM and I share that throughout the post.Jump to Recipe
Ingredients To Make The Noom Green Meal (Bean Sprout Shrimp Citrus Salad)
Remember to check your Noom Green list and if you don’t like something I have in my Noom green nourish bowl, change it with what you do like, this recipe is NOT set in stone it is flexible.
- Shrimp – these will be fresh frozen, deveined, fully cooked tail on.
- bean sprouts – these can be canned and drained or fresh whatever you prefer (watch sodium counts)
- carrots – use organic if you can, and of course, you can toss mini carrots in if you don’t want to cut them
- celery – this gives a really nice crunch to the salad so you’ll want to cut it small and enjoy each mouthful
- baby cucumbers – you can use seedless or not, and any kind of cucumber will work, do peel the skin off,
- navel oranges or blood oranges are delicious in this recipe,
- whole-grain basmati rice – this makes the nourish green noom bowl even heartier
- buttercrunch lettuce – for those that love to wrap their meals, this is your wrapper, but you can also just cut and put it through the salad if you prefer
First and foremost you are going to visit your refrigerator.
If in your refrigerator, you don’t find a saturated drawer of produce, take a trip to the grocery store and stock up.
DO read on to see my veggies as not all veggies and fruits are NOOM ok for this GREEN light bowl!
What my versatile Noom life option is, is unofficially part of the Noom Green Foods list, so check out the list to verify.
How To Make The Noom Green Meal (Bean Sprout Shrimp Citrus Salad)
In this recipe, I will assume that you have made your rice ahead of time so there is no a step included, plus you can purchase those 1-minute whole-grain cups and toss it in the microwave, so no need to add that step to this.
Step 1: Shrimp Prep for the Unofficial Noom Green Recipe
Make sure your shrimp are fully cooked, take off the tail, and place them in the bowl.
Step 2: Work Those Noom Green Food Options Into The Bowl
Next, add your bean sprouts (drained)
Now add the cooked brown basmati rice.
Then toss in fresh slices of peeled cucumber.
Last, a peeled navel orange.
Dash with a bit of garlic salt if you like as well.
Optional items to add in as listed above: Feta, Vinaigrette, and soy sauce really remember add-ins are more a personal choice.
If you choose to dress this salad and you don’t want any of the aforementioned, consider lemon or lime freshly squeezed atop.
Step 3: The Wrap Preparation For The Unofficial Noom Green Recipe
Rinsed and dried large buttercrunch lettuce leaves, plated.
Set the bowl at a place setting.
Also, make sure to set a plated selection of buttercrunch leaves.
Hold one buttercrunch leaf and then place any of the bowl contents into the lettuce leaf.
Roll and enjoy it!
Serve the Noom Big Bowl Filled with Yum
*Optional items of red are Trader Joe’s Champagne Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, Feta Cheese, and Soy Sauce.
Get NOOM to make the change and you will totally NOT regret it.
At the end of 14 days, if you don’t like it, then stop!
Don’t continue on. I mean, it’s really a no-hassle program.
To be honest, I investigated NOOM before I started.
I have found is that NOOM Really wants you to stop your membership after 4 months.
It is no hassle because you should KNOW what you need to KNOW by then.
All you have to do is keep on, keep on at what you’ve learned.
Dive in, take the plunge, and NOOM away those pounds and you will see what I mean.
Heck after one week, you will know more about what you are not doing right in your current eating lifestyle.
Small changes LEAD TO huge improvements.
So CLICK HERE for NOOM PRICING & Get Started and then try my recipe!
Where Are The Green Noom Meal Foods?
You can Google and find a list of Noom’s Green Foods, or you can join the plan and grab the pricing here!
Want to know something, the first 2 weeks are going to define you to you and help you create healthy, satisfying eating options.
Even if you add in the yellow and red items (you have to), you will lose, if you don’t go beyond portions.
Again, I will say, jump over to the NOOM site and inside of about 10 minutes, sharing a little about you, you’ll be on your way to a healthier, leaner, more satisfied, version of YOU!
Tips for Yellow + Buying NOOM Green Meal Ingredients You’ll Love
For those that are Costco ‘ites’, those disciples that love and live out of the club, you will love NOOM even more.
Also for anyone who shops at ALDI, or other large warehouse clubs, they work well for pricing and food options.
Why? At warehouse clubs, a lot of the items you normally would buy are GREEN and better yet in larger quantities.
I simply went in with foods I love, purchased, and checked each one along the way with the FOOD Scanner.
As the Food Scanner lit GREEN, I popped it in the cart of course with recipes already planned based on my eating preferences.
When something registered Yellow, I considered other ways to purchase, like big box stores, for lesser quantities.
But, that said, that’s just me.
For some of you, when you find a Yellow, you might be more committed.
I, however, am not gonna eat chickpeas, more than once a week, it is just not my gig even the vegetarian that I am.
Popular Additions To Spike Up Your Noom big bowl filled with YUM (shhh!)
Be Your Own Rebel without violating your lifestyle.
Inside the recipe, if you want to be a real rebel, you can spike it up with some fun Yellow and Red Food Noom ingredients because you can have them in limited and portioned amounts, so use them, don’t save them!
Yeah, I did! Don’t hold back. Splurge.
- Optional items of red are Trader Joe’s Champagne Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, Feta Cheese, and Soy Sauce.
My WHY Noom Reason | Other Lifestyle Options Just Were Not Me
I think I’ve tried about 3 different lifestyle options and none of them were really very filling.
You all know I like to keep my ingredients in recipes simple, easy-to-find, and quick to make, and my Unofficial Noom recipe is just one of about 40 that I use over a month and sometimes weekly!
Plus, as far as approaching eating and food creation, I need something that is just versatile.
Therefore, a versatile NOOM life option where I can create my own unofficial Noom recipe ideas such as this one is perfect.
All along I’ve had the right foods in my house and in my stomach, just never enough.
YES, I have not been eating enough, not nearly.
Then the versatile Noom life option sweeps me off my feet and fixes a glitch that can TOTALLY impede weight loss and maintenance.
Now, that does not mean I am eating burgers, fries, and all that, because it’s not a Fat Bomb KETO kind of lifestyle.
Get ready to meet a lifestyle that is manageable, maintainable, and will be with me for the rest of my life.
However, for today, I want to share my recipe with you. That’s it.
My Noom Green Meal s a big bowl filled with yum and just and it’s just ONE of 3 meals I eat in a day.
Is my stomach super full after I eat this? Um, yeah!
The How & Why I Created My Noom Green Meal
I knew my lifestyle was right in front of me, right in the palm of my hands on my smartphone, and I got the app and used it daily.
Then I was like, I am doing this and I made this recipe based on what I found in the Noom food options green category & boom the transition began. Boom.
I’m obsessive, we’ve discussed that before, so my first few days were spent mulling over the Green foods, Yellow Food, and Red Foods.
There’s not a large learning curve, other than eating more than you might normally have (in my case).
For others, it is going to be getting in more of the GREEN foods.
Honestly, it’s sinfully easy, and you feel good and hydrated and it has nothing to do with glasses of water you have to check off.
You should already be drinking water.
That’s those other FAD DIETS that come and go and count points or load you on things you never would eat!
I just prefer simplicity, by incorporating foods I eat together to make these meals, without having to find other crazy ingredients!
Make Sure To Come Back And Tell Me How Your Noom Green Meal (bean sprout shrimp citrus salad turned out)
My Noom Green Meal (bean sprout shrimp citrus salad)
- 14 oz can bean sprouts drained
- 2 Mini Cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Organic Carrot peeled, sliced.
- 3 Stalks of Celery deveined and chopped.
- 1 Serving of Seeds of Change Organic Brown Basmati Rice Cooked
- Navel Orange peeled and divided into chunks
- Garlic Salt Dash
- Optional Items not green
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Feta Cheese
- 1 Tsp of Trader Joe’s Champagne Dressing
- Make sure your shrimp are fully cooked, take off the tail, place in the bowl.
- Next, add your bean sprouts (drained)
- Now add the cooked brown basmati rice.
- Then toss in fresh slices of peeled cucumber.
- Last, a peeled navel orange.
- Rinsed and dried large buttercrunch lettuce leaves, plated.
- As I said, it’s a big bowl of yum!
- Optional items to add in as listed above: Feta, Vinaigrette, and soy sauce.
- Really add-ins are more a personal choice.
- If you choose to dress this salad and you don’t want any of the aforementioned, consider lemon or lime freshly squeezed atop.
- Dash with a bit of garlic salt if you like as well.
- Hold one buttercrunch leaf and then place any of the bowl contents into the lettuce leaf.
- Roll and enjoy it!