Today’s healthy unofficial easy Noom green meal recipe is the solution to quickly create a nourishing meal bowl, loaded with healthy and tasty choices ranging from fresh veggies to seafood with fresh citrus making it a super easy recipe you’ll want to try!
After personally using Noom, I felt the strong need to create a green Noom meal choice and wanted to share this with you so that you, too, can enjoy a fabulously easy meal for the versatile Noom lifestyle option.
Good news! The unofficial NOOM recipe is a chorus of easy-to-assemble ingredients.
This particular Noom green food bowl recipe consists mainly of those highly sought-after Noom green options mixed in with optional yellow choices, and I also refer to this meal as a bean sprout shrimp citrus salad.
Take the Quiz To Learn More About You! 🡻🡻🡻🡻🡻
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love The Unofficial NOOM Recipe (and Why I ♥ NOOM)
There are things to both love and dislike when seeking a healthier lifestyle, yet, it seems that this lifestyle change is fairly effortless once you gain control of your eating habits and understand you.
To keep things simple and easy, our recipe is just that, simple as well as easy!
Now why you will love this simple bean sprout shrimp citrus salad (this is the part where you start jumping up and down with excitement!)
- easy to find ingredients to create the NOOM wrap or bowl
- NOOM green (with some yellow) bowl that is fast to make
- An unofficial NOOM green recipe that can and should be made prepped ahead of time
- You’ll find that the Green nourishing bowl is transportable so it is a great take-along for picnics, BBQs, etc.
- This is a FREE green NOOM meal that you can print and bookmark.
- The salad recipe for losing weight can be made larger or smaller depending on your hunger level
- Use this salad for the as part of your lunch recipes to keep it fast and simple
- The nutritionally loaded bowl can be used as a fast toss-together dinner recipe idea because it is EASY.
- through preparing this you’ll learn how easy NOOM green meals are to make pretty much hassle-free
- Consider the bowl a green breakfast foods option too (with changeable yellow options)
For reference, I do have FETA in this salad, but the day I made this I had consumed ZERO red so I made up for it in this bowl, you can easily eliminate it, but I am honest and show what I make and I am sharing the WHY.
I’ve created a recipe using a combination of Noom-approved green and yellow options but you an change this recipe with ease!
Kitchen Essentials Needed
Since you already eat daily, you have about 99% of the kitchen essentials you’ll need to prepare this versatile salad or wrap you are about to prepare.
The listed items are what I use to prep my ingredients and my shrimp citrus salad with bean sprouts!
- 🥗 cutting board
- 🥗 knife
- 🥗 colander
- 🥗 big bowl
- 🥗 paper towels
- 🥗 peeler
- 🥗 mixing utensils (spoon and fork)
Ingredients To Make Bean Sprout Shrimp Citrus Salad
Remember to check your NOOM Green list and if you don’t like something I have in my NOOM green nourish bowl, change it with what you do like, this recipe is NOT set in stone it is flexible.
- 🡆 Shrimp – these will be fresh frozen, deveined, fully cooked tail on.
- 🡆 bean sprouts – these can be canned and drained or fresh whatever you prefer (watch sodium counts)
- 🡆 carrots can be cut, chopped, or tossed in whole (mini) or to up the value use organic carrots.
- 🡆 celery adds a really nice crunch to the salad so you’ll want to cut it small and enjoy each mouthful
- 🡆 baby cucumbers – you can use seedless or not, and any kind of cucumber will work, do peel the skin off,
- 🡆 navel oranges or blood oranges are delicious in this recipe,
- 🡆 whole-grain basmati rice makes the bowl even heartier
- 🡆 buttercrunch lettuce – for those that love to wrap their meals, use it to wrap or inside the bowl for a layer
Remember, the Noom is a versatile lifestyle option so add the ingredients you prefer but stay within the green options. There are plenty of green options available outside of those I shared.
How To Make The NOOM Green Meal
In this recipe for the bean sprout shrimp and citrus salad, I will assume that you have made your rice ahead of time so there is not a step included, plus you can purchase those 1-minute whole-grain cups and toss it in the microwave, so there is no need to add that step to this.
Step 1: Shrimp Prep for the Unofficial Green Recipe
Make sure your shrimp are fully cooked, take off the tail, and place them in the bowl.
Step 2: Work Those NOOM Green Food Options Into The Bowl
Next, add your drained bean sprouts you do not want the water the sprouts are in!
Now add the cooked brown basmati rice.
Then toss in fresh slices of peeled cucumber.
Last, add a peeled navel orange to the bowl.
Feel free to add a dash of garlic salt if you like as well depending on your sodium intake wants or needs.
Other Optional Items You Can Add To Your Bowl
Here are some ideas to help you if you prefer, but each has sodium, or may contain a YELLOW mark, but, it is all personal choice.
- soy sauce
- coconut aminos
- fresh lime juice
- ketchup sprinkles (Trader Joe’s)
- Balsamic Glaze (sugar content tho)
If you choose to dress this salad and you don’t want any of the aforementioned, consider lemon or lime freshly squeezed atop.
Step 3: Wrap This Bowl Up!
We love this part of the bowl making process, because you get to wrap up what you made and it is a wholesome, delicious and easy way to enjoy this bowl meal without eating it from the bowl and instead digging in hand to mouth with a wrap that is healthy!
Get those rinsed and dried large buttercrunch lettuce leaves, plated.
Set the big bowl green salad on teh table.
Accompany it with a large platter of rinsed and dried buttercrunch leaves.
Hold one buttercrunch leaf in your hand, and then place any of the bowl contents into the lettuce leaf.
It’s easieri to make this right in the palm of your hand, this way you don’t overstuff it and you can close it.
Once you have stuffed the lettuce leaf (you can use romaine lettuce too, but you would not roll it, because it will tear) Roll and enjoy it!
Serve the NOOM Big Bowl Filled with Yum
You’ve got so many options when you choose Noom, and this is just one, there is a whole big grocery store of fresh options for you, get going!
Get NOOM to make the change and you will totally NOT regret it.
Dive in, take the plunge, and NOOM away those pounds and you will see what I mean.
After one week, you will know more about what you are not doing right in your current eating lifestyle.
Small changes LEAD TO huge improvements.
Where Are The Green Noom Meal Foods?
You can Google and find a list of NOOM Green Foods, or you can join the plan and grab the NOOM info here!
Even if you add in the yellow and red items (you have to), you will lose, if you don’t exceed portions.
Again, I will say, jump over to the NOOM site, and in about 10 minutes, sharing a little about yourself, you’ll be on your way to a healthier, leaner, more satisfied, version of YOU!
Tips for Yellow + Buying NOOM Green Meal Ingredients
- Costco is a perfect NOOM companion
- Warehouse clubs offer bigger quantities of your GREEN options making a better price
- Use the NOOM food scanner to see if the food is GREEN and pop it in your cart
- If an option at Costco is yellow, I don’t buy it, instead, I purchase smaller quantities at ALDI or another retailer
- Buttercrunch lettuce is also a great deal worth mentioning and GREEN and Romaine
Other Ingredients You Can Add Into Your To Your Noom Big Bowl
- choose different vegetables
- opt for a different dressing including apple cider vinegar
- Don’t use Feta (it’s red)
- Add herbs like oregano, basil, etc.
- Spice it up with other proteins, such as salmon
- Use cauliflower rice instead of rice
Reasons You Might Choose Noom For A Lifestyle
You might have any of these reasons to try NOOM or none of them!
- You are looking to eat more balanced meals
- You might be looking for simple meal ideas that are not premade
- Instead of being hungry, you want to feel full without eating foods that are not helpful when battling weight
- Blood pressure levels have been high and you want to eat healtheirs to decrease it
- Thryoid issues cause you to gain weight
- You might be looking for a way to ease into a lifestyle change
- You’ve tried other Diets and nothing seems to help
- You are ready to make a change but you don’t know where to start and you don’t want to be overwhelmed.
- You need to learn how to eat more to meet your daily intake without eating wrong
- Keto didn’t work for you, nor did intermittent fasting
What You’ll Find With This Recipe And With NOOM Overall
- there’s not a large learning curve, other than eating more than you might normally have (in my case).
- Going green is a good thing
- Honestly, it’s sinfully easy, and you feel good and hydrated and it has nothing to do with glasses of water you have to check off.
- NOOM is not about consuming tons of water, it’s not that kind of diet (you do need to drink water but not guzzle)
- It’s simply about combining simple ingredients together to eat healthy and balanced.
Make Sure To Come Back And Tell Me How Your NOOM Green Meal (bean sprout shrimp citrus salad turned out)
My Noom Green Meal (bean sprout shrimp citrus salad)
- 14 oz can bean sprouts drained
- 2 Mini Cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Organic Carrot peeled, sliced.
- 3 Stalks of Celery deveined and chopped.
- 1 Serving of Seeds of Change Organic Brown Basmati Rice Cooked
- Navel Orange peeled and divided into chunks
- Garlic Salt Dash
- Optional Items not green
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Feta Cheese
- 1 Tsp of Trader Joe’s Champagne Dressing
- Make sure your shrimp are fully cooked, take off the tail, place in the bowl.
- Next, add your bean sprouts (drained)
- Now add the cooked brown basmati rice.
- Then toss in fresh slices of peeled cucumber.
- Last, a peeled navel orange.
- Rinsed and dried large buttercrunch lettuce leaves, plated.
- As I said, it’s a big bowl of yum!
- Optional items to add in as listed above: Feta, Vinaigrette, and soy sauce.
- Really add-ins are more a personal choice.
- If you choose to dress this salad and you don’t want any of the aforementioned, consider lemon or lime freshly squeezed atop.
- Dash with a bit of garlic salt if you like as well.
- Hold one buttercrunch leaf and then place any of the bowl contents into the lettuce leaf.
- Roll and enjoy it!