Today’s travel article is for the foodie in you when you are in El Paso, Texas, and seeking the best El Paso steakhouse, or call it a cowboy-style chophouse, providing generously portioned that will definitely give you the meat sweats. Saddle-up partner, buckle that leather belt, and wear those Lucchese western boots, it’s time to visit 32000 acres of a working cattle ranch with a restaurant, where you’ll quickly learn that everything is bigger in Texas and that bigger is better!
Visit the Western Texas steakhouse for the food, but you’ll have found a true destination!
Through my hosted trip by Visit El Paso, I discovered an El Paso steakhouse and ranch experience where the food is big and the destination is even bigger! Note that all images and story segments are my own, subject to copyright, and based on my own personal experience.
Why You’ll Love Cattleman’s Steakhouse At Indian Cliffs Ranch
It’s true there are many great steakhouses in El Paso, so when it comes to a hankering for a good cut of beef you won’t have to look too far, but if you want a mega restaurant, with multiple rooms for seating, big cuts of juicy beef, and an adventure (kinda) the Cattleman’s Steakhouse in Fabens is where it’s at!
- Roam the working ranch, snap photos of a scenic backdrop and enjoy the good old outdoors!
- You’ll love the belly-busting portions and probably leave with a food baby!
- Perfect for large groups up to 5000 and families
- They serve steak, chicken, seafood, kielbasa, sausage, and more
- The sides/appetizers are as delicious as the meal
- Cocktails are fabulous on the patio
- Great for kids as they have a children’s zoo and an Indian Maze
- There’s even a children’s playground for the kids to run off their energy
- Nice big patio for viewing the sunset
- 30 minutes from downtown El Paso
- Voted as one of the best steakhouses in the United States
All I can say is “Welcome to Texas” you’ll love it here it is a famous and popular steakhouse restaurant in El Paso County, Fabens, is the actual area, it is located in.
Now if I’ve whetted your appetite for ginormous portions of steak, seafood, and chicken, bookmark the post and put it on your FOODIE Texas bucket list because you’ll NOT want to miss Indian Cliffs Ranch, where the supersize steaks are served up with a side of fun!
What To See and Experience At The Cattleman’s Steakhouse El Paso
As a culinary and travel destination expert I am always seeking the best of the best in every city I travel to and Indian Cliffs Ranch offers more than just great food, there’s ambiance as far as the eye can see and you’ll want to experience that ambiance by, walking around the property wherever you are ALLOWED!
Those 320000 acres are amazing, and while you won’t be venturing all over the working ranch you will be visiting a good portion of it.
But we are here to eat and observe so keep on moving, there’s a lot to see!
As you saunter around you will find old antique stage coaches, and wagons.
When I say the outside is truly a feast for the belly and the eyes you will fill up on more than just food at that fabulous steakhouse in El Paso which allows it to stand out amongst all other steakhouses in El Paso as it is the largest RANCH in El Paso!
In my opinion, you’ll feel like you stepped back in time to the old wild west after you walk around a bit and enjoy the property!
As you walk around you will be able to gaze at peacocks, donkeys, and horses.
There are rabbits and other animals as well.
Walking lets you see things up close and personal and get more great photos! Yee-haw!
A Stunning Desert Landscape That Changes Every Minute You Stare At It
It didn’t matter where I looked or when, as the sun began to set, everything looked different minute to minute and it was breathtaking each and every second.
The land was used by the Indians long before it was turned into a ranch and a steakhouse!
Let’s Go Into the Best El Paso Steakhouse With Perfect Sunsets
Out on the patio, there is the undeniably perfect sunset that is party of your Cattleman’s Steakhouse experience, it is like no other and mystifyingly gorgeous.
Inside you’ll find lots of seating in fact, the cowboy-style chophouse can seat near 600, but the property that Indian Cliff ranch sits on is bigger.
That the Cattleman’s Steakhouse in El Paso can host up to 5000 in a party? Whoa!!!!
Walk around the inside to see the movie wall (movies that were filmed there) and to see memorabilia from days gone by take it all in!
Make sure to walk through the restaurant to see all of the nuances and crannies of western gear.
Mosey by the kitchen to see the meat offerings it will make you even more hungry!
The kitchen has some serious grilling going on and the size of the meat is Ginormous!
Why You’ll Love The American Food Options At The Best El Paso Steakhouse
- beans are served in a bucket
- Let me say the menu is as big as the experience!
- If you are a carnivore, you have hit the treasure chest of steaks from petite and lady-like to the gut-busting large 2-pound Cowboy steak! 2 pounds is the smallest steak (just kidding)
- the size of the portions and the taste of the food compliment each other
- A walking tour of the working ranch before dinner is a good way to work off calories about to be consumed!
- you don’t need to love meat to eat here, other entrees are amazing, from burgers to seafood, Cattleman’s Steakhouse has something for everyone.
- everything we ate was yummy and we ate a lot!
- it’s a chance to wear those western boots you’ve been dying to bust out and while it has nothing to do with the food it sure fits the ambiance!
Start Off Activating Your Meat Sweats with A big Platter of Kielbasa
To have a little sample of the pre-meat sweats (LOL) grab this platter of grilled meat and pass it around.
It’s fire-grilled Kielbasa and beef!
You are sure to experience a whole lot of lip-smacking at least that’s what went down at our table and the plate disappeared!
Follow the Meat Sweats Up With MORE Meat!
Your table will get family-style served bread, beans in a bucket, and pineapple coleslaw (addictive).
And if you are totally into big baked potatoes, you have arrived to monster baked potato central!
The butter and sour cream also come in large plates for those big baked spuds you can order as a side!
That’s a plate of Shrimp Tempura, and it’s perfection!
My friend I was traveling with suggested the tempura by the platter, and naturally, I took her suggestions under advisement and ordered the platter.
These are huge and ten appear to be 20 right? Hello to these puffy lumps of air heaven.
Sweet and tasty, large and lightly fried, and shrimp that juiced in your mouth!
The tangy sauce was a perfect dipping companion to the shrimp.
I say after wrangling a day of sightseeing in El Paso head here to rustle up some grub!
Sizzle, snap and grill me some more, this is the place to be!
Cattleman’s Steakhouse El Paso FAQs
Can I Bring My Family To Indian Cliffs Ranch in El Paso?
Yes! Your family will love the working cattle ranch with a restaurant as there is a zoo, a Fort Apache Playground and the Indian Maze that the kids will love.
Is there a lot of seating at the El Paso Steakhouse?
Yes! There is seating for up to 500 people and when you are waiting you can wander around the fabulous Indian Cliffs Ranch it is 32000 Acres.
I Don’t Eat This El Paso Steakhouse Have Other Options?
Yes! From burger to chicken to seafood, there is so much to choose from you are sure to find something you will love!
Is There Anything Special At This El Paso Steakhouse on a working cattle ranch?
Yes! The most perfect sunsets happen at the Cattleman’s Steakhouse and it is situated on 32000 Acres making it the largest Ranch in El Paso!
Are there really animals at the working cattle ranch with a restaurant in El Paso?
Helpful Facts + Tips For Your El Paso Steakhouse Visit
- The back patio offers a perfect backdrop for photos and the sunset. Get on the patio while the sun is setting.
- Snap a few hundred photos because sunsets like this are what dreams and vacations are made of.
- You are on a ranch, in the desert and the coyotes are meandering around.
- Many movies have been filmed in this idealistic setting.
- Maybe this is the wild west or maybe this is the storybook setting you have been waiting to see your whole life, you can have a wedding here.
- I know one thing, after all the cruising I have done and traveling I have never seen a more picturesque sunset in the USA!
What Should You Wear?
Pull Out That Western Gear and Heat To The Best El Paso Steakhouse With Perfect Sunsets!
If you are comfortable in it, wear it, know the following things!
Dress casual and comfortable and if you are walking the ranch, well, comfy shoes!
In the event that you venture through the outside, you will note that some areas are more dirt and sand than actual pathways.
It is important to realize white is not right because dirt will be its enemy!
Let Me Know How Your Visit To The El Paso Steakhouse Was
I think the only question is “Would you like a steak with that?”
Truly large portions that will make your eyeballs bulge and your belly happy!
So before you buy one of these fancy TEXAS belt buckles eat here because then you won’t need it!!~ Dana XO